Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tony Gordon was first introduced as Jim's son back in the early 1950s.

He was later used in the 1970s as Barbara's older brother who was also a spy for the U.S. government, but he died in China during a Batgirl story that started in Batman Family & continued into Detective Comics.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Cyclist View Post
    He does, but like most effective and successful serial killers he never established a pattern to make it easy to identify or find his victims. Therefore he won't face the death sentence because law enforcement has an obligation to try and find all of the people he's killed. He's a life without possibility of parole sort of guy. Ironically, the more prolific a killer is, the less likely he is to experience severe punishment. Especially if he's, or in rare cases, she's, good at flying under the radar and avoiding notice.

More than that, there's a good chance that many of his murders have convictions. The lawyers for those people who are trying to prove that he and not their client committed the crime have a vested interest in his survival. Because he traveled extensively, because he never developed a particular signature, he's not likely to fry. There are other people who will have received the death penalty for a crime Jr committed who desperately need him to confess.

Unlike most of Gotham's rogues, James Gordon Jr is someone who's continued survival does make sense.
    Unfortunately, you're right. But I think the execution of a police commissioner's son (and all the publicity, etc associated with it) would make for a cracking good story arc.

Extraordinary Member

I still dislike the Idea, that the baby Batman saves at the end of Year One turns into a serial killer. (On top of that his age makes no sense if you keep Year One canon)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I still dislike the Idea, that the baby Batman saves at the end of Year One turns into a serial killer. (On top of that his age makes no sense if you keep Year One canon)
    Yeah, shoulda let him fry back then.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Tony Gordon was first introduced as Jim's son back in the early 1950s.

He was later used in the 1970s as Barbara's older brother who was also a spy for the U.S. government, but he died in China during a Batgirl story that started in Batman Family & continued into Detective Comics.
    I remember Tony Gordon, but I forgot that he died. Was it a definitve death or just one of those where you could expect him to return one day?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I remember Tony Gordon, but I forgot that he died. Was it a definitve death or just one of those where you could expect him to return one day?
    I think it was a death that could have easily been undone with the right plot twist later on, but wasn't written to be a "don't worry, he's not really dead!" demise. It felt more like he (Tony) played a part in a story, and when his part was over, they didn't necessarily have any plans to use him again.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    How old was he in Black Mirror?

In New 52 he's only 2-3 years younger than Babs and Year One isn't canon.