BANNED

Default Superman/Wonder Woman Annual #1 Preview

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Geesh...........there's a ton of artists on this book. I hope the art is somewhat consistent.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

At this point i can only guess that the WW book doesnt get an annual because Azz doesnt want it. Does SM/WW sell well anyway? Oh wait, they're doing this Doomed event, of course it sells.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    At this point i can only guess that the WW book doesnt get an annual because Azz doesnt want it. Does SM/WW sell well anyway? Oh wait, they're doing this Doomed event, of course it sells.
    It was selling just fine before Doomed as well.

Sorry you don't like it, but plenty of other people do. The book's in no danger of being cancelled, and the relationship.is getting more exposure than ever. The upcoming Lego game? Superman and Wonder Woman are shown in the trailer......on a date.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    It was selling just fine before Doomed as well.

Sorry you don't like it, but plenty of other people do. The book's in no danger of being cancelled, and the relationship.is getting more exposure than ever. The upcoming Lego game? Superman and Wonder Woman are shown in the trailer......on a date.

You're probably right about the lack of an annual for Wonder Woman's solo book. It's a shame that DC just didn't get Soule, Johns, or Gates to write annuals for Wonder Woman over the last 3 years as they could have used this avenue to reintroduce Diana's rogues gallery while Azz did his thing in the monthly book. Hopefully next year we'll see Wonder Woman Annual #1.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    You're probably right about the lack of an annual for Wonder Woman's solo book. It's a shame that DC just didn't get Soule, Johns, or Gates to write annuals for Wonder Woman over the last 3 years as they could have used this avenue to reintroduce Diana's rogues gallery while Azz did his thing in the monthly book. Hopefully next year we'll see Wonder Woman Annual #1.
    I actually don't mind that there are no WW Annuals ... the concept doesn't seem to really fit in with what Azzarello was going for. Azzarello's run has the feel of a graphic novel to me rather than a traditional monthly publication ... hell, he even managed to work #0 and at least the FB's villain's month issue into his story arc in a way that felt like it was organic to his story ... the thing that stood out as odd was the Cheetah villain's month issue. Not that I'd take that away, I quite enjoyed it, but having a 3rd party shove additional stories in the middle of this story arc would have felt out of place IMO.

I guess I'm happy to wait until Azzarello has wrapped up his tale and look forward to Annuals in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    I actually don't mind that there are no WW Annuals ... the concept doesn't seem to really fit in with what Azzarello was going for. Azzarello's run has the feel of a graphic novel to me rather than a traditional monthly publication ... hell, he even managed to work #0 and at least the FB's villain's month issue into his story arc in a way that felt like it was organic to his story ... the thing that stood out as odd was the Cheetah villain's month issue. Not that I'd take that away, I quite enjoyed it, but having a 3rd party shove additional stories in the middle of this story arc would have felt out of place IMO.

I guess I'm happy to wait until Azzarello has wrapped up his tale and look forward to Annuals in the future.

I guess, I don't see a problem with such a thing as it wouldn't interrupt Azzarello's flow in the monthly book plus it would give those of us who aren't enjoying Azz's story some solo WW stories to read until his run ends.

BANNED

I guess, I don't see a problem with such a thing as it wouldn't interrupt Azzarello's flow in the monthly book plus it would give those of us who aren't enjoying Azz's story some solo WW stories to read until his run ends.

Exactly, it would be a win/win situation for everybody.

I'm wondering who's responsible for these pics? It's not Tony S. Daniel, but I like them (even though the choker disappears).

Hopefully Fitch will draw her costume like this. I'm sick of Chiang's plain jane Wonder Woman, he doesn't do the armored looking shorts.

It's also nice to see Diana and Lana working together to stop an alien invasion.
    Last edited by Razor Tiara; 08-05-2014 at 11:01 AM.

Fair enough ... for me it would have been confusing to have an Annual that didn't match the series, but I get your point.

They could've used the WW Annuals to be kind of like WW #0. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Tiara View Post
    Exactly, it would be a win/win situation for everybody.

I'm wondering who's responsible for these pics? It's not Tony S. Daniel, but I like them (even though the choker disappears).

Hopefully Fitch will draw her costume like this. I'm sick of Chiang's plain jane Wonder Woman, he doesn't do the armored looking shorts.

It's also nice to see Diana and Lana working together to stop an alien invasion.
    She looks great in the one on the left (with choker), but the other one seems a little off in her proportions and shading is a bit harsh IMO ... her hands look huge and her pectoral area seems really long (above her breasts) ... maybe that's because there is no choker and super low cut top though ... it took me a little adjusting, but once I got into it I really like Chiang's work. It stands out to me in a way that this work doesn't.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    She looks great in the one on the left (with choker), but the other one seems a little off in her proportions and shading is a bit harsh IMO ... her hands look huge and her pectoral area seems really long (above her breasts) ... maybe that's because there is no choker and super low cut top though ... it took me a little adjusting, but once I got into it I really like Chiang's work. It stands out to me in a way that this work doesn't.
    For me it's all about those shorts. The pectoral area is supposed to be boobage but it's not shaded right. It's like somebody burned it in photoshop (darkening of shadows) but wasn't paying attention.
    Last edited by Razor Tiara; 08-05-2014 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Tiara View Post
    For me it's all about those shorts. The pectoral area is supposed to be boobage but it's not shaded right. It's like somebody burned it in photoshop (darkening of shadows) but wasn't paying attention.
    I do like that the shorts look like they are armored ... I'd give you the boobs bit, except her boobs aren't that big in the art, the rest of her chest is just proportioned weird.