Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Wonder Woman was the most talked-about superhero at Comic Con....

Did everybody see this? That is great! Good or Bad, and if you like the costume or not, it got people talking about our Girl.

What do you think DC could do to keep this momentum going?!?

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.co...-of-comic-con/
    Richard Alexander

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I think starting up a cartoon set in the Batman: The Brave & The Bold universe could be a lot of fun.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

This is damn good news! The more Wonder Woman gets talked about, the better.

DC has created interest in her at SDCC. Now all they have to do is show the world exactly WHY she's the most awesome female character of all time. If they can do that? Then buckle your seatbelts, boys and girls! Because Wonder Woman is going to soar to new heights!
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

I love that she can still generate so much buzz! if I was DC I'd try and capitalize on it without going crazy ... press shots of Gal on set or working out, a few more images "leaked" online ... get some short interviews so we can hear Gal speaking a little as well. She's undeniably beautiful, but is she a good enough actress to play the role, I'd like to hear her speaking more. I imaging the next issue or two of Azzarello's run will see a bit of an uptick in sales, and hopefully this will help launch Sensation with a bang in a couple of weeks!

WB has been running into some problems in the TV animated space recently ... not sure what's up with the recent series of cancellations for Young Justice, GL and the latest BM cartoon, but it would be fantastic to see a N52 animated series that features WW in a similar costume hit the TV world to get audiences accustomed to the look and tone before the movie comes out. I also love the idea of a Brave & Bold version!

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

All we got is one picture of her in costume, and she generated the most buzz at the con. Suck it Marvel

The old "DC/Warner Bros. doesn't care about Wonder Woman" arguments are getting more and more obsolete, thankfully. The fact that she's rumored to be getting a solo film over some of her male League counterparts show that she's higher on their priority list than some. I think it's finally a good time to be a WW fan.

BANNED

Marvel didn't even tried, SDCC was all DC/Warner.

DC/Warner can announce the date for her solo movie, release more WW promo photos and start production for animated cartoon and shorts, her 75th is righ around the corner

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post

DC/Warner can announce the date for her solo movie, release more WW promo photos and start production for animated cartoon and shorts, her 75th is righ around the corner
    Yes, to all.

They may hold back on the solo movie announcement until after they see how well-received she is in Batman v Superman. I hope not. I hope that all this (mostly positive) publicity that they got from this one picture has done enough of a job to convince them that people are very interested in a Wonder Woman movie. They may be considering a TV show for her as well, which is good news. More animated features is always a good thing.

And I totally agree that they need to do something good to acknowledge her 75th anniversary. They did it with Superman. They did it with Batman. They need to do it with her too. I want to see "Wonder Woman 75th Anniversary" ads all over the DCU.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

For me this is inconsequential. She will be debuting a film that doesn't even carry her name, being a secundary character to Superman and Batman. Which if you think about it, she always was.
    "It is the dawn that brings the pain, the night that brings the dream."

"Come find me when you wake up."

Pretty much all comic book characters are secondary to Batman today.
    And Superman, while not being the seller of comics he was long ago, is bigger than ever when it comes to selling shirts with his logo to
    people who do not read comics.

Wonder Woman is getting a chance, if it is on the shoulders of Batman and Superman, than so be it.

Guardians and Antman are getting chances because of success of Ironman and Avengers and they got there chance because of past
    success of X-Men and Spider-Man. With out the heavy weights to carry the load and pay the bill. the entertainment world would
    have died long ago and we would have never seen 95% of the movies or television shows, we have because studios had
    the cash flow to try and find there next pot of gold. ......... (imho)

With the success of Lucy this past weekend, hopefully it can keep it up through the weeks, hopefully this leads the film industry to stop believing action movies with a female lead can't succeed.

A well done Wonder Woman movie will bring everybody to the theater, young and old alike.
    Richard Alexander

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    Really? For like the first day all we were hearing was "why doesn't DC ever have any news this is all Marvel". All of the build-up was Marvel's too, with them recently releasing their film schedule for the next few years.

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    With the success of Lucy this past weekend, hopefully it can keep it up through the weeks, hopefully this leads the film industry to stop believing action movies with a female lead can't succeed.

A well done Wonder Woman movie will bring everybody to the theater, young and old alike.
    I doubt that was ever really the issue.

Look at Hunger Games. Look at Lucy. Look at the Underworld movies. The list goes on. Plenty of female-led action movies have already done exceptionally well. I don't think DC was ever reluctant to release a Wonder Woman movie simply because they doubted that action movies with female leads wouldn't sell.

No, I think their hang-up has always been about whether or not a Wonder Woman movie could sell. The simple truth is that Diana comes across as silly and outdated to a lot of non-comic book fans. I just think DC was worried about spending a lot of money to produce a movie and having people fail to see it simply because they couldn't begin to imagine that a movie with "That chick from that old show my parents used to watch" in it would be worth their time or money.

Now, DC seems willing to give it a try. If they do it right? I'm betting we'll see the dawning of a whole new age for Diana in specific and female heroes in general.
    Last edited by Vanguard-01; 07-29-2014 at 01:41 PM.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SofNascimento View Post
    For me this is inconsequential. She will be debuting a film that doesn't even carry her name, being a secundary character to Superman and Batman. Which if you think about it, she always was.
    you aren't wrong at all. But I see it for the bright side, she will make her cinematic debut and people got interested and majority know that she will be in the movie. With more pression, there is a huge pression for black widow imagine for a WW solo movie

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    Really? For like the first day all we were hearing was "why doesn't DC ever have any news this is all Marvel". All of the build-up was Marvel's too, with them recently releasing their film schedule for the next few years.
    this year was pretty bland for marvel. Only one movie announcement

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    I doubt that was ever really the issue.

Look at Hunger Games. Look at Lucy. Look at the Underworld movies. The list goes on. Plenty of female-led action movies have already done exceptionally well. I don't think DC was ever reluctant to release a Wonder Woman movie simply because they doubted that action movies with female leads wouldn't sell.

No, I think their hang-up has always been about whether or not a Wonder Woman movie could sell. The simple truth is that Diana comes across as silly and outdated to a lot of non-comic book fans. I just think DC was worried about spending a lot of money to produce a movie and having people fail to see it simply because they couldn't begin to imagine that a movie with "That chick from that old show my parents used to watch" in it would be worth their time or money.

Now, DC seems willing to give it a try. If they do it right? I'm betting we'll see the dawning of a whole new age for Diana in specific and female heroes in general.
    Diana is always tricky because she's more of an icon than a character to most people. The same girls who proudly wore Wonder Woman underoos wouldn't bother to see the movie because they have no context for what the character would do ... Now that DC has actually released a photo that puts the characterin context I think it will generate interest. But a solo film will need to have an excellent script and DoJ portrayal will have to back up what's been started with SDCC.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I do kinda hate that WW is making her big screen debut in a film that doesn't even have her name in the title. I wish they had called it "Trinity", but I guess that wouldn't catch the general public's attention the way "Batman v. Superman" does. Still, what's done is done, and I'm glad we are getting her at all and that her reveal was so well received.