Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    And that means nothing?

There'll be more press, promo pics and trailers to come out, this movie won't be out for two more years.

This is the first pic we ever saw of Cavill's Supes.

The suit looks grey here, but I don't recall that first impression doing the movie any harm.

The point is first impressions matter, Cavill's first pic was an accurate representation of the movie. His suit ended up looking pretty much that dark, with or without filters.

The first image of Wonder Woman is no different in importance. The general consensus will become set in the public consciousness. This is already a popular facebook meme.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Tiara View Post
    The point is first impressions matter, Cavill's first pic was an accurate representation of the movie. His suit ended up looking pretty much that dark, with or without filters.

The first image of Wonder Woman is no different in importance. The general consensus will become set in the public consciousness. This is already a popular facebook meme.

There are several hundred popular FB memes.

Everyone, we all know that the costume is red and blue. We know this for sure. We know that the lighting and filter have made the first pic look copper/brownish. We know this. What are we still on about the colors?

Also, Zena was a knock off of Wonder Woman. We know this as well. So, the fact that the costuming is similar is a non-issue. Using this same logic, you could say that Batman and Superman's costume is the same. Both are tight, both have boots, both have capes.

And the sword? Wonder Woman has carried a sword on many occasions for years. I've heard others saying things like "it doesn't look like Lynda Carter" and "Lynda Carter didn't have a sword." but I didn't expect to hear similar sentiments here.

bottom line, they stayed very faithful, made it classical and updated all at the same time, they were true to the color scheme, and IMO, she looks great. I'm a little confused why all the complaining.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    Everyone, we all know that the costume is red and blue. We know this for sure. We know that the lighting and filter have made the first pic look copper/brownish. We know this. What are we still on about the colors?
    How exactly do we know this?

Batman v Superman was the most talked thing from the Comic-Con (almost twice as Avengers: Age of Ultron) and Wonder Woman was the most talked hero with around 65.000 mentions on the internet.

A lot of people, I'd say the majority, don't know the colors are red and blue, and it's not their fault. We all thought it wasn't colorful until we payed more attention, and it still wasn't easy to see.

The general public (even off the internet, since now it's on the papers too) saw the pic and viewed the costume as entirely brown, and that's what they think it will be. They don't have the obligation to see manipulated images taking the filter off or anything like that. They don't visit comic book sites, much less forums, you know?

In any case, there is a good amount of people who would scream "Xena" even if the pic was colorful. They screamed it when that fan made short movie came out, and yes, they scream about those designs as well. Even if she was wearing Lynda's costume, they would scream Xena because of the sword.
    Last edited by Vonter Voman; 07-28-2014 at 07:07 AM.

BANNED

There are several hundred popular FB memes.

Also, Zena was a knock off of Wonder Woman. We know this as well. So, the fact that the costuming is similar is a non-issue. Using this same logic, you could say that Batman and Superman's costume is the same. Both are tight, both have boots, both have capes.

And the sword? Wonder Woman has carried a sword on many occasions for years. I've heard others saying things like "it doesn't look like Lynda Carter" and "Lynda Carter didn't have a sword." but I didn't expect to hear similar sentiments here.

bottom line, they stayed very faithful, made it classical and updated all at the same time, they were true to the color scheme, and IMO, she looks great. I'm a little confused why all the complaining.
    The only reason we think it's red and blue is because fans ran to photoshop and quickly improved upon the "official" first image. That's a problem, because that shouldn't have been necessary.

I do believe it's really red and blue. It's possible to see the differences of color in the original pic.

But it's still uncertain how much colorful it will be. It may be all dusty and opaque. And I'm afraid it will be, because there isn't too much filter. The red may be almost how it already looks, the blue might be almost dark grey, etc.

I have a dumb theory, though: the people at the panel saw the costume as dark red and blue immediately. Maybe the filter was applied because the screens at the con would make it blueish.
    Last edited by Vonter Voman; 07-28-2014 at 07:20 AM.

That's an awesome costume, and she looks amazing in it.

BANNED

It's probably worth noting that Xena has been off the air since 2001, 13 years.

Fantastic Member

The heels could be shorter (that way she can kneel better and be more dynamic in her stance and movements), the skirt slightly longer (only slightly, a hoplite's skirt wasn't much longer either) , the sword could also be slightly longer and it's tip rounded rather than rectangular. A hoplon (ancient greek shield) would also be nice if she is already carrying a sword. I like this tiara (the comic version looks nice, but in RL it would look cheesy)

I admit though that I am only nitpicking, Ms. Gadot looks amazing

many people thought Quick Silver looked aweful when first revealed but after the movie came out Quick Silver became the most popular element of the movie.
    what they wear don't matter much.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    How exactly do we know this?
    My apologies. I thought I mentioned that one of our friends from here (and the con) had previously confirmed the colors (on sight.) They are red and navy. He didn't know about the metal parts, just the skirt and bustier were seen. On top of that, when you filter out the red/copper of the original photo you can clearly see the colors. Also, as mentioned earlier, the people at the con immediately recognized the red and blue.
    Last edited by RealWonderman; 07-28-2014 at 09:03 AM.

The only reason we think it's red and blue is because fans ran to photoshop and quickly improved upon the "official" first image. That's a problem, because that shouldn't have been necessary.
    Incorrect. My apologies. I thought I mentioned that one of our friends from here (and the con) had previously confirmed the colors (on sight.) They are red and navy. He didn't know about the metal parts, just the skirt and bustier were seen. On top of that, when you filter out the red/copper of the original photo you can clearly see the colors. Also, as mentioned earlier, the people at the con immediately recognized the red and blue.
    Last edited by RealWonderman; 07-28-2014 at 09:03 AM.

BANNED

Incorrect. My apologies. I thought I mentioned that one of our friends from here (and the con) had previously confirmed the colors (on sight.) They are red and navy. He didn't know about the metal parts, just the skirt and bustier were seen. On top of that, when you filter out the red/copper of the original photo you can clearly see the colors. Also, as mentioned earlier, the people at the con immediately recognized the red and blue.
    Hopefully you are correct (I don't necessarily mind it without the colors but think I'd prefer it with). One person's comments and photo tricks don't necessarily sell me, and there's the question of why the photo would have such a heavy filter and/or why it's coming through this way if it's not the way they intend it to look. Even the first Superman photo did look red and blue, if just dark versions of those colors. But I will admit that it's possible that the distributed photo does not properly convey the colors.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    Hopefully you are correct (I don't necessarily mind it without the colors but think I'd prefer it with). One person's comments and photo tricks don't necessarily sell me, and there's the question of why the photo would have such a heavy filter and/or why it's coming through this way if it's not the way they intend it to look. Even the first Superman photo did look red and blue, if just dark versions of those colors. But I will admit that it's possible that the distributed photo does not properly convey the colors.
    I totally agree.

My point is, if they didn't want us to say it looks like Xena, they wouldn't have made such an effort to obscure the colors and would have included a little more Wonder Woman iconography. What's so wrong with the tiara as it appears in comics? Why not have a few star shaped studs on the loin cloth? Who decided on that complicated belt design, when the Dodson's W belt was superior because it was simpler and easier to read? It's as if DC is embarrassed by Wonder Woman and are running as far away from her as possible. If they don't respect her, why should we?

I totally agree.

My point is, if they didn't want us to say it looks like Xena, they wouldn't have made such an effort to obscure the colors and would have included a little more Wonder Woman iconography. What's so wrong with the tiara as it appears in comics? Why not have a few star shaped studs on the loin cloth? Who decided on that complicated belt design, when the Dodson's W belt was superior because it was simpler and easier to read? It's as if DC is embarrassed by Wonder Woman and are running as far away from her as possible. If they don't respect her, why should we?
    I agree with some of this ... The tiara is IMO the worst part of the whole thing, but why shy away from the stars or the vibrant colors for this photo? I don't mind the W design though ... It works within the costume IMO. I would have preferred her to have been using the lasso in the image rather than the sword too. That alone would have eliminated any Xena references. Of course I will always consider Xena a poor knock off of WW