Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Suure it does. That really looks like a "party city" costume, not.
    You're right, I've actually seen better looking Party City costumes. That is what makes this stupid thing they created so sad.

And really, am I the only one who is bothered by the WW near the crotch thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Suure it does. That really looks like a "party city" costume, not.
    If this is from Party City, well Party City here I come!!!
    Fav Wonder Woman traits: Strength, Compassion, Love...never holds a petty grudge. Xo

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by vaf2675 View Post
    You're right, I've actually seen better looking Party City costumes. That is what makes this stupid thing they created so sad.

And really, am I the only one who is bothered by the WW near the crotch thing?
    I'm sure there are other people bothered by the things you are bothered by, but I don't personally think there are that many of them.

Incredible Member FIFTY-TWO (52)'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vaf2675 View Post
    You're right, I've actually seen better looking Party City costumes.
    No, you haven't. Please stop.
    The costume is fantastic and Gal looks fierce in it.
    Last word out of your sorry mouth will be SIR and it will be LOUD!!

Incredible Member FIFTY-TWO (52)'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    The lasso is still silver I wonder if it's still the editing? However here is the design for the costume

Attachment 7048
    I've seen the lasso described as "white gold". It'll probably come to life when it's being used.
    Last word out of your sorry mouth will be SIR and it will be LOUD!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Well said, Razor! I couldn't agree more...

And I want my five-point stars back! Don't see how that should offend anyone, but, if it does, ..go read Black Widow or Captain Marvel.

H.G. Peter put her in an American flag-inspired costume...that's the character!

If you choose to ignore everything that went, before George Perez's post-Crisis reboot of the character, that's fine, ..but, it changes nothing. It doesn't change or erase the fact that she was created in 1941, as a flag-draped, pseudo-feminist, platitude-spouting American icon. You can ignore that and decide that all you care about is Doom's Doorway, Julia and Nessie, cavewoman reincaration and obscure Greek deities popping out of statues in Boston - none of which have anything to do with the culture or history of the United States of America. It doesn't change the fact that this was how she was originally looked upon by the world, around us, ..as a patently American icon.

I like my Wonder Woman wrapped in the Red, White and Blue. Why should being an American icon, Ukrainian icon or a Nigerian icon make her any less relevant to anyone?
    Yes and no here ... WWII was a clear motif throughout her early years and the reason why her costume was distinctly American Flag in design, but she was always a foreigner. Hippolyte blessed her mission because the Amazons had similar ideals to America and wanted to fight against the Nazis and the Japanese male domination. Her costume was always meant to be a show of consolidarity, not a symbol of Americanism. Personally I think the stars are rather iconic to her now regardless of the tie back to the American flag, but I don't really see how the lack on this costume is hugely detrimental either.

Guys the Greeks long had used the eagle and the colors . In fated why not tied it to that. Eagle is Athena's as well for it means protection and inspire. Her colors are both Athena's and Aphrodite. Also there might be a reason for them shaping the Tiara. Marston's 3 L's

image.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Guys the Greeks long had used the eagle and the colors . In fated why not tied it to that. Eagle is Athena's as well for it means protection and inspire. Her colors are both Athena's and Aphrodite. Also there might be a reason for them shaping the Tiara. Marston's 3 L's
    The owl is generally associated with Athena.

My problem with this line of thinking in general is that, even if the Amazons are a derivation of Greek culture (which in the New 52 is suspect), they have had 2000+ years beyond them to develop there own symbolism, customs, etc. At best the Amazons are no more Greek than modern Italians are Roman.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    The owl is generally associated with Athena.

My problem with this line of thinking in general is that, even if the Amazons are a derivation of Greek culture (which in the New 52 is suspect), they have had 2000+ years beyond them to develop there own symbolism, customs, etc. At best the Amazons are no more Greek than modern Italians are Roman.

Athena as more than one symbol like all the other Greek gods . Also if they worship Athena and Aphrodite it would make sense if it was the case which Grant is doing . Owl is symbol for her being the goddess of wisdom not war. The Owl doesn't symbolize her her being the goddess of war as well just wisdom so of course another symbol is the eagle which symbolize it . The goddess of war symbol is eagle. Many keep forgetting more Greek gods are associated with many symbols it cross one another for example the Dove is Athena's for it means victory but for Aphrodite peace. So to say the only symbol for Owl is incorrect . Her symbols are the eagle, cats, owl, olive branch, Dove. Many gods have a few in common with her but with the other gods it means something different .

I think the amazons it's not to do with culture but religion they believe in them so they keep their symbols it has enough to do with Greek culture pre se . They just keep the symbols . Also why I said the eagle is for Athena as been been shown with the eagle as a symbol .
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 07-31-2014 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    Here it is without the filter, close ups of the different aspects of the costume.Attachment 7068
    I really hope that it looks like this without the sepia tones. If not maybe they can tweak it before the movie is released.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I really hope that it looks like this without the sepia tones. If not maybe they can tweak it before the movie is released.
    This is what it looks like without the sepia tones.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    This is what it looks like without the sepia tones.
    Then why did they release the photo with the sepia tones? Does it somehow make it look more grim and dark? And, until we see footage on a trailer or early movie bite released to the public, how do we know if the color scheme ain't exactly like the photo at the comic-con. Maybe Synder will film it in a darker format than usual.

So I guess what I am saying, until we see a trailer or actual photo that is not retouched, who is to say that the colors we saw with filters aren't going to be the actual colors on film.

There's the "edited to show on the Comic-Con screens" theory, and I also think they made a "Superman = blue; Wonder Woman = red; Batman = gray" kind of thing to show the trinity.

The first editing reducing the red filter is legit, no retouching. And if only by reducing the red channel the bottom became blue and the top remained red/brownish, then these are the colors.

We just need to know how much colorful it is. Not much, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by wagthedog View Post
    Then why did they release the photo with the sepia tones? Does it somehow make it look more grim and dark? And, until we see footage on a trailer or early movie bite released to the public, how do we know if the color scheme ain't exactly like the photo at the comic-con. Maybe Synder will film it in a darker format than usual.

So I guess what I am saying, until we see a trailer or actual photo that is not retouched, who is to say that the colors we saw with filters aren't going to be the actual colors on film.
    I don't know why they released it that way. But I do know someone who saw the bustier and skirt, sans the metallic bits (and I mentioned this before) and it is red and navy blue. The image I posted isn't changed, aside from the filter being removed. No color saturation was added. It came from DC Cinematic Universe online, for whatever that is worth. But I understand people are very interested in having much to complain and disagree about, so I'll leave it at that. Again.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Quote Originally Posted by wagthedog View Post

If something has sepia tones that means it takes place in the past.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut