Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I really like this costume.

The Xena comments are hilarious, considering how much Xena's costume looks like a black and gold version of Diana's.
    Most people of this generation grew up watching Xena, not Lynda Carter. So it doesnt matter who came first, since to them Xena is more iconic and WW was their grandma's superhero that they barely know of.

But besides that, she does look like Xena because WW's suit was never this warrioresque as Gadot's is. That isnt a good or bad thing. It is what it is.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    honestly, i really think its the filter. the skirt is navy, not brown and he top is maroon, not brown as well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    Most people of this generation grew up watching Xena, not Lynda Carter. So it doesnt matter who came first, since to them Xena is more iconic and WW was their grandma's superhero that they barely know of.

But besides that, she does look like Xena because WW's suit was never this warrioresque as Gadot's is. That isnt a good or bad thing. It is what it is.
    this is sad, really sad. Xena occupy a role on public mind that should belong to WW...

Not if you're a Xena fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    this is sad, really sad. Xena occupy a role on public mind that should belong to WW...
    Why it should? If it doesn't, it Xena's merit and the fact Wonder Woman didn't do anything to deserve it.
    "It is the dawn that brings the pain, the night that brings the dream."

"Come find me when you wake up."

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vonter Voman View Post
    Not if you're a Xena fan.
    What if you're a Wonder Woman fan AND a Xena fan? I loved Xena when she was on TV. I'm in the process of collecting all her seasons.

I'm also a devout Wonder Woman fan. Yeah, I'd say I'm more of a Wonder Woman fan than a Xena fan. I certainly want Diana to show the world how Xena is merely a pale imitator of hers. But I certainly don't want to see Xena (or Wonder Woman) forgotten or ignored.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

I think you are just incorrect with this assumption. You don't see Xena action figures or lunch boxes or t-shirts ... You don't hear equal rights or gender equality advocates telling women to find their "inner Xena" ... We are told to be Wonder Women not Xenas. Xena is a very specific aspect of WW and occupies the "hot warrior chic" role, but she by no means encompasses all of what Diana has meant.

Just because WW came first, it doesnt mean that she deserves anything. She doesnt even exist, she's a made up person. First also doesnt mean best, nor does it mean that people in the year 2500 should have the same taste in stories as people in the 1950ies. And of course it all depends on how DC handles her. Right now they're trying to bring her back to the forefront, but who knows? Maybe in 10 years she'll surpass batman in popularity, maybe she will be forgotten altogether.

In any case, i think i like Buffy and her Buffyverse more than WW. It's a matter of taste after all.
    Last edited by Dr. Hurt; 08-03-2014 at 02:51 PM.

Is Xena going to be in the Bats v Sups film? No? Is Xena doing anything of any consequence involving Wonder Woman? Has she ever? No?

So I figure Xena can go on ahead being Xena and doing whatever makes her so relevant and popular these days and Wonder Woman can go right on ahead being The One, The Only Bestest. That. Ever. Bested.

Fin
    "I'm going to score this T-shirt and I am going to wear it because I want to"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spair View Post
    Wonder Woman can go right on ahead being The One, The Only Bestest. That. Ever. Bested.
    Wonder Woman is secretly Wolverine?

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Wonder Woman is secretly Wolverine?
    I'm not getting your context but...No...
    "I'm going to score this T-shirt and I am going to wear it because I want to"

BANNED

I like both Xena and Wonder Woman and don't really see it as a competition.

BANNED

I just got back from seeing Guardians of the Galaxy, and frankly I was shocked that Gamora didn't put on a star-spangled costume once she met Peter Quill and had a chance to learn about the USA.

(I kid, I kid...)

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    I think you are just incorrect with this assumption. You don't see Xena action figures or lunch boxes or t-shirts ... You don't hear equal rights or gender equality advocates telling women to find their "inner Xena" ... We are told to be Wonder Women not Xenas. Xena is a very specific aspect of WW and occupies the "hot warrior chic" role, but she by no means encompasses all of what Diana has meant.
    I think you might've nailed it.
    Fav Wonder Woman traits: Strength, Compassion, Love...never holds a petty grudge. Xo