Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by borntohula View Post
    Not sure about the heels. Anyone who knows if they're practical in battle?

Looks quite good otherwise. I really hope they got a good script for the film, and that she can act.
    They appear to be wedge boots. The lighting of the image makes it look like heels.

As far as practicality in battle goes. Capes aren't practical either but no one complains that Batman and Superman both wear one.

I think she looks great! I have a feeling the armor will have a little more color when she appears in the movie. Different lighting will make it look better.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlus View Post

Sooooo awesome! I would have totally nerded out if I was there! I know she's probably wearing heals but she's around the same height as Affleck and Cavill.
    Last edited by Robotman; 07-26-2014 at 03:20 PM.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    It's very...grim I suppose. Very dark. I'll give them credit for at least maintaining her silhouette pretty well but I don't like the heels (cause an Amazon would wear those??) and I still think she looks like a model in a really expensive cosplay outfit. Where is the MUSCLE?

Next to Mr Super Size Henry Cavill she's going to look like Batgirl or something...I'm mildly annoyed. She's got the sex appeal but I don't see much else.

It's not a disaster, but I'm not all that interested. I deeply hate that the first Wonder Woman is going to be so deeply affected by the Nu52. If only it had come pre-52...
    Pre-New52 was not much better.
    WW by Jim Lee 2005

WW by Jim Lee 2011 (New 52)

My only problem is the color. However it might just be the lighting. I hope the lasso is not silver. For me I hope they give the lasso more screen time

All in all, I'm digging the costume! So glad they didn't go for gratuitous cleavage and I wish the skirt/loincloth was a little longer. I didn't realize the tiara had a star until looking more closely, so I'm happy at least one star was incorporated. Relieved the skirt ain't spangled, but woulda preferred some metal rivets to pay homage to the spangled look. The lasso could be bulkier but I'm trusting in the fx dept to make it fearsome when in use (glowing, golden sparks, magically lengthens, etc.). Loving the sandal/boots or whatever they are. Fine with the wedges, added height is ideal for this character. Digging the corset's nod to nu 52. And I do believe there's more red/blue than this filtered pic indicates. Seems they went for more bronze than gold--a nice compromise between gold and silver. While a more Greek-authentic xiphos might've been cool, this grander sword's details will rock onscreen. Glad they used minimal makeup on Gal, as she's beautiful naturally and this gives a contrast to the lipsticked and dolled up Diana Prince. Bottom line: ain't nothing cheesy about this uniform. Fierce, formidable, battle-ready. Well done, Snyder and Wilkerson!
    Fav Wonder Woman traits: Strength, Compassion, Love...never holds a petty grudge. Xo

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by borntohula View Post
    Not sure about the heels. Anyone who knows if they're practical in battle?

Looks quite good otherwise. I really hope they got a good script for the film, and that she can act.
    Not really but assuming she can fly it hardly matters

Well blow me down! She's too skinny.

I think it looks fantastic! Stays true to the classic look while getting the armor/warrior feel across ... She's worn heels in so many incarnations ... Including her original outfit ... The wedge is sensible compared to stiletto boots

Mighty Member

Those are some badass looking boots.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    F-me boots. Heh.

It looks pretty good. Anything said about what her character is going to be like?
    no, and this is what I'm more worried

Love the costume
    Notice the whole picture is brown tinted
    So maybe the costume has more traditional Wonder Woman colors.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I think I just fell in love.

Unedited version

image.jpg

I still dislike the silver lasso.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 07-26-2014 at 04:33 PM.

She looks awesome

She looks fantastic. I just hope snyder doesn't turn her into someone who is just there for sexy reasons so that we can all finally get that Wonder Woman movie!