Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

Mmmmhm. Makes me wonder, if they did put runes in their swords in ancient Greece and neighbouring nations.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arjun Ethaniel View Post
    Mmmmhm. Makes me wonder, if they did put runes in their swords in ancient Greece and neighbouring nations.
    The Greeks didn't use runes per se. They had an alphabet. Runes are different.

I don't believe the Ancient Greeks were known for carving symbols on their blades. Some models may have a "blood groove," which is what that long engraving kind of resembles. But I don't think the Greeks were as concerned with decorating their weapons as some other cultures were.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

All-New Member

Huh, evidently I was under complete misinformation about what runes truly meant. Thanks for Clearing that up.
    If I am remembering correctly, they did painted their shields quite elaborately.

Quote Originally Posted by Arjun Ethaniel View Post
    Huh, evidently I was under complete misinformation about what runes truly meant. Thanks for Clearing that up.
    If I am remembering correctly, they did painted their shields quite elaborately.
    No problem!

And yes, they were known to decorate their shields. They considered the shield their most important piece of equipment. If you lost your sword or your spear in a battle? That was one thing. Losing your shield, however, was a complete disgrace. So personalizing your shield makes sense then. But they pretty much just thought of their swords and spears as pretty much disposable tools, with little personal significance.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

So not knowing it would have color....

My first reaction was that it's horrible. She reminds me of an extra from Xena: Warrior Princess.
    Why are we afraid of color, especially red,white and blue.
    The tiara (if you can call it that) I'm not a fan of.

If TV can make Lynda Carter look awesome in costume than I'd expect better from a movie version.

Okay...that being said...taking a 5th and 6th look at it...I like the detail of the costume from the neck down.
    I can only hope they give that outfit bright color!
    Last edited by Herowatcher; 07-27-2014 at 11:19 AM.
    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Herowatcher View Post
    So not knowing it would have color....

My first reaction was that it's horrible. She reminds me of an extra from Xena: Warrior Princess.
    Why are we afraid of color, especially red,white and blue.
    The tiara (if you can call it that) I'm not a fan of.

If TV can make Lynda Carter look awesome in costume than I'd expect better from a movie version.

Okay...that being said...taking a 5th and 6th look at it...I like the detail of the costume from the neck down.
    I can only hope they give that outfit bright color!
    Once again, on the color issue? This pic was taken with some kind of color filter on it for some reason. It really is red and blue.

Remember the first movie poster we saw for Man of Steel? Looked like his suit was pretty much gray, didn't it? In the movie? Not so much. Same thing here. Best guess? They don't want us to get the full effect of seeing her in costume until we see her in either the trailers or the movie proper.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Once again, on the color issue? This pic was taken with some kind of color filter on it for some reason. It really is red and blue.

Remember the first movie poster we saw for Man of Steel? Looked like his suit was pretty much gray, didn't it? In the movie? Not so much. Same thing here. Best guess? They don't want us to get the full effect of seeing her in costume until we see her in either the trailers or the movie proper.
    Yeah I read your comment from before, I'm just saying this was my first reaction not knowing about the "filter".
    I think Gal Gadot has a beautiful face and looks right for the part.
    Last edited by Herowatcher; 07-27-2014 at 11:31 AM.
    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by borntohula View Post
    Also, I thought Faora was cool in the first movie even Snyder insisted that she needed to wear heels. I'll probably get around it.

Hehe no capes are not practical at all. Thing is with Batman is that they'v established that he can use it to fly around. Would be cool if Diana also wore one, just to show that she's boss, and that boss is leader.
    Faora definitely had the coolest look of the 3 last movie. Speakingnof which, I guess now we have to anticipate villain pics. Eisenberg AWAY!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Herowatcher View Post
    Yeah I read your comment from before, I'm just saying this was my first reaction not knowing about the "filter".
    I think Gal Gadot has a beautiful face and looks right for the part.
    Oh! Yeah, I have been repeating myself a fair bit, lately.

So, yeah. Hopefully soon we'll get an unfiltered view of Gal. And you're totally right about Gal's looks. If she can give us a performance as good as her look, I predict big things for Diana fairly soon.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

When it comes to the lasso, I think that it being silver will not be permanent, just when inactive, as I fully expect it to glow golden when she's using it or even a brighter shine of gold, which could turn out to be a really cool effect if you think about it. Also for some reason it looks more durable.

Without Filter

Last edited by Majesty; 07-27-2014 at 12:59 PM.

I really REALLY don't think the lasso is silver. Shine some gold really well and let the light hit it and you will see what I mean. I think it has a metallic look, because it isn't like a regular rope, but it isn't silver.
    Richard Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    When it comes to the lasso, I think that it being silver will not be permanent, just when inactive, as I fully expect it to glow golden when she's using it or even a brighter shine of gold, which could turn out to be a really cool effect if you think about it. Also for some reason it looks more durable...
    Best image of the costume I've seen, ANY-where! Let me remind some of you that the breastplate, depicting the eagle feathers reaching down to the belt, is a throwback to the Golden Age, ..as are the armored boots. Stars on the tiara and pteryges would have been nice, but, even without them, ..Gal actually looks a little more like Wonder Woman here.

Thank you for posting this...now, where's ZOLA? Lol
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

BANNED

I think my favorite part of this image is the way the WW from the New 52 is incorporated into the original eagle. I this k the combo has been done before but it looks really nice here.

Thinking about the runes. A lot of civilizations that do use runes on weapons put them on ceremonial ones. And if they use the version of Wondy's origin where she's wearing all ceremonial stuff (at least I think that's what the DCAU version did) then that makes a little sense. Once we get a better look we can see if it's a real language or not.

Incredible Member

The skirt's a little bit too high, IMO. But otherwise, it's a damn perfect costume.

BANNED

I was more dissapointed at the lack of movie announcements from marvel and DC, I had 0,0001% of hope of a female solo movie