Default The Terrifics ending at issue 14?!

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/11...label-project/

Jeff Lemire was at the North Carolina Comic Con this weekend and, in a couple of panels, he updated the audience on his latest comic book projects.

At the first, he said he’s already written his last issue of The Terrifics, issue 14 out in March 2019 and that it would be his last non-creator-owned work for the time being.

http://nooooooooooooooo.com

this is why we can't have nice things. The one DC title that wasn't letting me down.

Oh well I guess I get to save money
    Last edited by Jabare; 11-12-2018 at 08:43 AM. Reason: misspelling
    The J-man

While it's a shame, at least the characters will appear again given time.
    I'm less confident we'll ever see the likes of Sideways, Brimstone or the Unexpected again after their books end.
    Unless it's to be used as canonfodder for the likes of King that is.
    #EmmaWasRight

He said it was his last issue. Doesn’t mean the book is cancelled. Hopefully DC keeps the book going with a new creative team.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    While it's a shame, at least the characters will appear again given time.
    I'm less confident we'll ever see the likes of Sideways, Brimstone or the Unexpected again after their books end.
    Unless it's to be used as canonfodder for the likes of King that is.
    I suspect Sideways and Silencer will have a longer shelf life as characters. I think they still will be around after their series end. They might appear on a team, or become a part of a more established character's supporting cast. The two of them, I observed, had the most enthusiasm geared towards them then any other New Age of Heroes character. Also Sideways is a Didio creation, and has an annual written by Grant Morrison, which always helps. The rest? (Immortal Men, Unexpected, Damage, etc.) Completely expendable.

Empty is thy hand!

At the first, he said he’s already written his last issue of The Terrifics, issue 14 out in March 2019 and that it would be his last non-creator-owned work for the time being.
    Not the last issue. Wait until you hear something more concrete before you report the news.

Mighty Member

Oh well. Back to limbo for these guys. I hate supporting things that never have a damn chance. More Batman I guess.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Just says Lemire is done. I would personally love for Yang to take over, his story in the Annual was pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Just says Lemire is done. I would personally love for Yang to take over, his story in the Annual was pretty good.
    I’d be totally happy with Yang taking over. Really enjoyed the Annual.

I'm surprised, but I don't see the series ending. For a start, it has the best sells out of the NAoH books in floppies (and possibly online). Plus it has gathered a lot of goodwill.

Sure, it hasn't the novelty that characters like Sideways or the Silencer can have (even if I hope those two won't be the only one to survive and avoid limbo... I want Neon on JLD, Damage on JL and Firebrand in the Outsiders!) because most of those characters are old, but Lemire laid a very solid foundation for the team, and if Yang or another writer who likes the vibe of the series want to push it forward, I think it would be easily doable. Especially if Lemire return Rex mason to the Metamorpho form, or grant him other powers.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    I suspect Sideways and Silencer will have a longer shelf life as characters. I think they still will be around after their series end. They might appear on a team, or become a part of a more established character's supporting cast. The two of them, I observed, had the most enthusiasm geared towards them then any other New Age of Heroes character.
    Strangly Silencer seems to be the lowest seller among the NAOH solo books.