Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default rest in power, Stan lee

http://www.tmz.com/#!2018/11/12/stan...marvel-comics/

Dead at 95.

Can't really find words right now...

I can only repeat what he said after Kirby left us.

From Yancey Street to Asgard, it was a hell of a ride.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Its only fitting Facebook would crash right when this would happen. RIP Stan Lee.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Gonna be weird to watch Marvel movies without his cameo appearance.

I don't think anybody wrote a larger percentage of all the comics I read in my life, and I doubt that anyone ever will.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Awww, damn. Rest In Peace, Stan. You were the best.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

That's really sad news. Rest in peace, Stan.
    When I was seventeen,
    I drank some very good beer,
    I drank some very good beer
    I purchased with a fake ID.

My name was Brian McGee,
    I stayed up listenin' to Queen
    When I was seventeen.

Real talk? Aw wow, RIP. I first heard the name Stan Lee as the narrator on Spidey and his Amazing Friends, I thought dudes name was Stanley.
    This place breaks a good number of news for me... go figure.

Rest in Peace Stan Lee. Still a fan of the comic medium in general and that's due in a large part to his co-creations so long ago. Sad.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Rest in peace, Stan Lee. Your gifts to this world will live on for a long, long time. Thank you.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

95, that's a hell of a ride. Thanks for the memories, sir.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

The effects he had on all of our lives was extraordinary. A more academic analysis of his role vs the role of others in the rebirth of superhero comics may nebver be clearly defined, but he was what we noticed. He got our attention and the empire he helped create kept it there. Thank you, Stan. Excelsior!

Mr. Lee created one of my favorite Marvel characters, and quite possibly favorite fictional character, when he made Spider-Man. I thank him deeply and may he rest in peace.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

I just found out.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

I had an inkling that Stan might be passing soon. Knowing how old he was and seeing all of this personal crap happen to him, I felt that he wasn't in a good place, that maybe life was catching up with him. Yes, so there was that.

BUT, I sure as hell am not going to let this post be calluous or morbid. For me, Stan Lee will always be the man. Yeah, there were all the unexpected cameos in the MCU films that made us smile from ear to ear, but I also remember the guy who narrated, guest-starred, and appeared in my Iron Man, X-Men, and Spider-Man cartoons. I remember Stan's soapbox, Stan Lee presents, and "no prizes" in my comics. I remember that voice, brimming with enthusiasm and old school NYC charm, who hyped me up for the next thrilling adventure of the uncanny, fantastic, and amazing! And of course, he was the guy who made those characters that inspire us today.

Stan, you made us all true believers! Excelsior!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

When I was a monthly Marvel reader during the late 1970s and early 1980s, reading "Stan's Soapbox" on the Bullpen Bulletins page was something I looked forward to almost as much as the story.
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    When I was a monthly Marvel reader during the late 1970s and early 1980s, reading "Stan's Soapbox" on the Bullpen Bulletins page was something I looked forward to almost as much as the story.
    Agreed.

He was complicated. He was among the first to say This Doesn't Have To Just Be Kids' Stuff, Write Good Stories. He never met a credit he didn't like to share. He shepherded the remaking of comicbooks as they were known into IP Engines that they've become today. He rarely let what actually happened get in the way of a good anecdote. He pushed boundaries. He gave a lot of us a lot of joy along the way.

I'll miss him.