Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Rest in Peace, Stan Lee.

In the end, you made the world a far more interesting place for so many of us.

Quote Originally Posted by jb681131 View Post
    Sure rest in peace old man.
    But I think losts of people have a false image of the man.
    He isn't the so great man people say.
    He stole the creadits for lots of concepts and caracters.
    He also wasn't really friendly with his team, imposing his idea rather than listen to them.
    For exemple he made his best friend Jack Kirby flee to DC Comics because he wouldn't allow him liberties and wouldn't put his name in the credits.
    As he got older he got better but he still had a big ego. Why do you think he imposed his cameo in every Marvel movies ?
    Some characters were attributed more to him because he was listed as the writer while the other person was listed as the artist and there was an assumption that the writer must have come up with the ideas.

Never heard of him refusing to put Kirby's name in the credits. I thought it had more to do with the rights to the artwork being Marvel's or Kirby's.

There was no contract of any kind that required that Stan Lee have cameos in the Marvel movies. They asked him to do it. There was one movie where he didn't have a cameo because they basically just forgot to ask him and he never complained or said a word about it. But he did it because they kept asking him to do it.
    Power with Girl is better.

Ultimate Member

He also wasn't really friendly with his team, imposing his idea rather than listen to them.
    For exemple he made his best friend Jack Kirby flee to DC Comics because he wouldn't allow him liberties and wouldn't put his name in the credits.
    As he got older he got better but he still had a big ego. Why do you think he imposed his cameo in every Marvel movies ?
    None of that is true.

Take note of the credits. Kirby gets full so-credit and Ditko gets plotting credit.

Lee and Kirby were never "best friends". They were great collaborates.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

RIP Stan Lee.

'The greatest superpower is luck': Stan Lee in quotes

tan Lee, the co-creator of Spider-Man, Iron Man, the Fantastic Four, Daredevil and the X-Men, who has died aged 95, was an outspoken advocate of equality and of the value of comics as an art form.

Here are some of his greatest quotes.

“I used to be embarrassed because I was just a comic-book writer while other people were building bridges or going on to medical careers. And then I began to realise: entertainment is one of the most important things in people’s lives. Without it they might go off the deep end. I feel that if you’re able to entertain people, you’re doing a good thing.” – Marvel’s tribute page
    Worth a read.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

All-New Member

This is a sad day for the comic book community. :-(

*Makes mandatory appearance at an event of cosmic significance*

Rest In Peace Stan Lee

Extraordinary Member

I was at a Comicon and heard someone say "That's Stan Lee the guy who created Superman!" There are a lot of misconceptions. You're right he did steal a lot and take credit for things he didn't do. A lot more in his later years when the movies started coming out. He went from crowning Kirby" King of Comics" to "Oh he was a good Artist. I think it's disgraceful he tried to take full credit for creating Spiderman and the Marvel heroes. But whatever.