Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RIP Stan Lee

BANNED

From Ron Frenz

What can I---or anyone---say that we don't already know about The Man or has been said better by others? Just thought I would add that I was taking a long drive with my wife yesterday after I heard the news and was processing it; told her about all the letters pages and "Stan's Soapbox" features in the comics I read growing up and she keenly observed that Stan understood the value of "social media" decades before it existed----no other comic book writer/editor (to my knowledge) did that back then. It's one of the many reasons I personally preferred Marvel over DC; I felt like I was "in the club" and that Stan was the leader: he would tell us what was coming up in the books, what he was feeling about goings-on in the world outside of comics and of course how Marvel was continuing to fearlessly march forward! How I miss him already....

A Newspaper to add to the Headlines Today:

2D53FA77-BB2F-49E4-9A43-D64A4DDB0A1C.jpg
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

I'm sad, but I wasn't surprised when the news broke. It aggravates me that his last years were surrounded by bloodsuckers, I can only hope in his final days he was surrounded by people who truly loved and cared for him. RIP. We won't see another like him, not anytime soon.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

(Copied and pasted from the Marvel boards) As you might except, this was difficult for an unapologetic comic book geek like me to write. After all, what can you say about a comic book legend that would do them justice? But with the passing of Stan "The Man" Lee, rather than look at how the man died, we should look at what he did in life, what he left behind, and what he'll continue to do many years from now.

Stan Lee: Forever immortalized in superhero media
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

BANNED

RIP Stan...thanks for everything..you were indeed "The Man" to me and many more

I always wanted to meet him

Thank you for everything.

RIP

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

He co-created many great characters,but Spider-Man is his top creation. Many characters change when writers come and go,but Spidey's core remained the same from Stan's days.That's a proof of how great he was as a writer in Spider-Man titles.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

Astonishing Member

Spider-Man was definitely Stan Lee's greatest creation. I thank The Man for that primarily and all the others as well.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Thank you for the memories, Stan The Man.

R.I.P.

Astonishing Member

I tried to read some classic Lee/Ditko issues last night and I couldn’t. Just kept getting reminded that neither are around anymore. Maybe too soon, and in a month I can go back and be fine looking at them. But right now it’s too raw. I know Lee was 95, but he had such a strong presence and charisma. This one is hard. Really hard.

All-New Member

Always wanted to meet him too. Love his work. R.I.P.

Astonishing Member

There will never be another one like him. I will always regret not having the chance to meet him face to face.

At least, now he has reunited wit his beloved wife, Joan. Not to mention he will see some of his oldest friends, like the original Marvel Bullpen: Sol Brodsky, Jack Kirby and Flo Steinberg. If there's right in the world, he could even meet the man who was his inspiration and idol: Walt Disney.

R.I.P. Stan Lee. Be sure that we will never forget you.

EXCELSIOR!

Astonishing Member

Very sad news.It´s quite difficult to me to write in a few words in a post how much i admire Stan Lee stories so i will just say :
    R.I.P Stan The Man Lee.
    Thank you for everything.

BANNED

Stan Lee tribute variants coming across December and January, look for the Spider-Man tribute to be ASM Issue 12 and Superior Spider-Man#1

https://www.newsarama.com/42749-stan...r-january.html