Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: RIP Stan Lee

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

A conversation I had with my dad back in 1978:

Me: Dad...just where do all these comics come from?

Dad: A guy in New York named Stan Lee writes them.

That was the first time I heard the name. I later had a "duh" moment when I realized that was the name on all the opening splash pages, "Stan Lee proudly presents...!"

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I never had the pleasure of meeting him but he always came across as a likeable guy in the interviews and other videos I've seen of him. The man was, and IS, a legend.

R.I.P. Stan ''The Man'' Lee.

As you might except, this was difficult for an unapologetic comic book geek like me to write. After all, what can you say about a comic book legend that would do them justice? But with the passing of Stan "The Man" Lee, rather than look at how the man died, we should look at what he did in life, what he left behind, and what he'll continue to do many years from now.

Stan Lee: Forever immortalized in superhero media
    Last edited by stillanerd; 11-13-2018 at 12:08 PM.
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

When I started reading Marvel I thought he created everybody because of the "Stan Lee Presents..." blurb.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    Rest in peace Mr. Stan Lee, this guy helped to inspired and shape multiple generations through his work, one things for sure mortal men may die but legends live forever

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

RIP Stan Lee. You were a Marvel icon and the genius behind so many iconic superheroes. I can only hope you are up there with your wife and inspiring many more generations to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    When I started reading Marvel I thought he created everybody because of the "Stan Lee Presents..." blurb.
    Same.

10char.

Some friends and I were fortunate enough to get to have lunch with Stan Lee at a small comic convention in my hometown in the 90s. In person, Stan was everything you see on tv and in interviews. He was gracious, friendly, super knowledgeable, energetic and just one of the nicest people you could meet. Thanks to him and Jack Jirby, we are blessed to have some of the most iconic characters in pop culture in our lives today. I will miss seeing his cameos in the Marvel films where I always believed him to be the one true Watcher Uatu and caretaker of the Marvel Universe. The world has lost a legend and an all around great human being. You are missed Stan R.I.P.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

This was a Nice Video that Brought some Tears to my Eyes about some of the Stars of the MCU Films and other Big Names giving their respects to Stan Lee's passing.

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Rest In Peace Stan.

Thank you for the wonderful characters. Forever grateful.

Excelsior.

I just found out, sad to hear, RIP

Spectacular Member

Saw this on the internet. Pretty cool that Stan's last picture was with Roy Thomas.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bob Probert; 11-14-2018 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Gods, this almost made me cry. Stan says that maybe what he's done does matter......oh, hell yes it matters. How many of us are better people because of the example set by your characters, Stan? How many of us have pursued careers as first responders, soldiers, doctors, scientists, journalists, and more, because you made us want to make a difference? The world is certainly a better place because of Stan Lee's work and the impact it has had on countless people around the world.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.