Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: RIP Stan Lee

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    Auuuugh. Knew this day would come and I have accepted he would leave us soon, but it still doesn't make it any less difficult and painful.

Hard to remember when I first became aware of Stan the Man, having not been too much into comic books when I was younger. I do remember seeing my very first Stan-eo when I watched the first X-Men in theaters and I distinctly remember my friends at the time laughing at Stan's appearance there. I believe it was around the time when the MCU was starting that I first began to take notice of Stan and read his Wikipedia page and researched more on his involvement in Marvel and importance in comics as a whole. Looking back on all his cameos, my favorite, bizarrely enough, would have to be this one:

One of the biggest events of my nerd and pop culture life was the 2016 run of one of Philippines's local conventions, ToyCon. The special event and highlight of that year was an exhibition of Stan Lee memorabilia, awards, photographs, autographs, etc, as well as a one-hour event where, over Skype, Stan was talking with all the convention attendees and even answered the questions of a lucky few who were able to talk to him via Skype. Being part of that and seeing Stan in person (more or less) and not on TV or in a film was just surreal.

RIP Stan Lee. You may be gone from this world, but not from our hearts. Stan's legacy will probably be along the lines of Chuck Jones; he may perhaps get a little too much credit and there will be arguments and debate on just how much he contributed and accomplished to both Marvel and comics as a whole, but it will never change the things he actually really did.
    omg that was hilarious I didnt realize he did a cameo in teen titans I love this!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Well this is some sad news... RIP Stan Lee

BANNED

Rest in peace Mister Lee.

I'm absolutely devastated. I really wish I could've met him before he passed. I wish his family well. He had an amazing and long life, though.

Extraordinary Member

You knew this day was coming but it's still a shock.

RIP Stan and thanks.

Fantastic Member

All i can really say is "Excelsior!"

Goodbye to a legend. There will never be another quite like Stan Lee. A truly sad day for the comic book industry.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Incredible Member

Excelsior.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    RIP Stan thank you for everything be with Joan.
    And Jack Kirby.

Incredible Member

'Nuff said.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

God, looking back at all those cameos, it's the end of an era. He will be missed.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Mighty Member

I saw the topic title and thought “damn”. Wow, even though I knew it was going to happen sooner or later I’m at a loss for words. I was lucky enough to simply see the man at a comic con in my home town. I was watching a special on superheroes (it was going by decades) and when it got to the 60’s, Stan was talking on how he had the colorists of his comics color some of the background civilian characters to be black, this was BIG in those days and simply hearing him talk about something so minuscule but at the same time groundbreaking made me gain even more respect for the man than I already had. Rest In Peace.

RIP. You and Ditko created some of the best superheroes in Marvel especially Spider-Man who was my childhood hero.

rest in peace Stan

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Hated the idea that this day would even come. What an inspiring and memorable personality, I'm sure for many of us who grew up with Marvel characters he was like the father of some good friends. RIP to one of the truest legends.