Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: RIP Stan Lee

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Ι won't discuss if Stan worth all the credits for Marvel Universe, but i think that his greatest contribution is that he made superheroic comics a big part of western pop culture. His big dream was always an expansion in movies industry and he was a supporter of TV series and movies based on his characters he co-created.It must be amazing that he saw that dream come true and Marvel heroes being the main force of cinematic production in our decade.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCarrot View Post
    Some friends and I were fortunate enough to get to have lunch with Stan Lee at a small comic convention in my hometown in the 90s. In person, Stan was everything you see on tv and in interviews. He was gracious, friendly, super knowledgeable, energetic and just one of the nicest people you could meet. Thanks to him and Jack Jirby, we are blessed to have some of the most iconic characters in pop culture in our lives today. I will miss seeing his cameos in the Marvel films where I always believed him to be the one true Watcher Uatu and caretaker of the Marvel Universe. The world has lost a legend and an all around great human being. You are missed Stan R.I.P.
    Yeah I'm going to miss his cameos too, they were always a fun little thing for me to keep an eye out for. Nice to hear you had a good experience when you met him.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Gods, this almost made me cry. Stan says that maybe what he's done does matter......oh, hell yes it matters. How many of us are better people because of the example set by your characters, Stan? How many of us have pursued careers as first responders, soldiers, doctors, scientists, journalists, and more, because you made us want to make a difference? The world is certainly a better place because of Stan Lee's work and the impact it has had on countless people around the world.
    I never cried about a celebrity’s death until Stan Lee. That video man... god damn

Spectacular Member

Check out the full story here.

Great interview on Stan Lee and Roy Thomas' last meeting.

Good stuff.

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/marvel...VgD7ZI5GSQ34ts

Astonishing Member

Very sad news.
    RIP Stan The Man Lee.

Has anyone listened to this?

http://stanleesworlds.com/

I've heard stories about Stan's daughter, but I'm not sure how much of this I can believe? Dirtman?

Sandy Hausler

"The Legend of Stan Lee", a talking blues by Remy. Celebrates Stan Lee as the one who broke the power of the CCA.

The latest Honest Trailer's coda has the Awesome Voice Guy say various things Stan has said (skip to 4:02).