Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Default Relaunch a failed DC series .....

Your given the chance to bring back a failed series. What book do you pick and what tweaks do you make to try and make it more successful this time around?

Justice League Task Force

The main focus of the book would be the Martian Manhunter training younger heroes that are right on the cusp of being ready for the Justice League. The lineup of the book would include:

Vibe
    Stargirl
    Firehawk
    Ray
    Blue Beetle
    Atom (Ryan Choi)
    Starfire

They are tasked with dealing with threats that are not world shattering. They are the team on the ground while the JL are taking on the mega threats.

Extraordinary Member

L.E.G.I.O.N

I guess it was R.E.B.E.L.S. that actually got cancelled last, but I want a lot of the original group back together, like Stealth, Strata, Garryn and Marij'n Bek, Lobo, Captain Comet, Lady Quark, etc...

Star Hunters.

It's a band of rebels fighting against a totalitarian corporate controlled Earth and wandering space as part of the eternal battle between good and evil. How does this NOT scream "DO IT NOW!" to anyone? Originally done in the seventies, it hinted at deeper themes that weren't quite as common in comics then. Certainly this could be relevant and sell now.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Star Hunters.

It's a band of rebels fighting against a totalitarian corporate controlled Earth and wandering space as part of the eternal battle between good and evil. How does this NOT scream "DO IT NOW!" to anyone? Originally done in the seventies, it hinted at deeper themes that weren't quite as common in comics then. Certainly this could be relevant and sell now.
    I would like a trade of this series with new added material to finish the story or at least wrap up the cliff hanger the cancellation left.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    L.E.G.I.O.N

I guess it was R.E.B.E.L.S. that actually got cancelled last, but I want a lot of the original group back together, like Stealth, Strata, Garryn and Marij'n Bek, Lobo, Captain Comet, Lady Quark, etc...
    While I can name a dozen series I'd like to see return, this would be near the top of the list.

I miss the days when all things cosmic in the DCU weren't monopolized by the GLC...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Your given the chance to bring back a failed series. What book do you pick and what tweaks do you make to try and make it more successful this time around?

Justice League Task Force

The main focus of the book would be the Martian Manhunter training younger heroes that are right on the cusp of being ready for the Justice League. The lineup of the book would include:

Vibe
    Stargirl
    Firehawk
    Ray
    Blue Beetle
    Atom (Ryan Choi)
    Starfire

They are tasked with dealing with threats that are not world shattering. They are the team on the ground while the JL are taking on the mega threats.
    Love this idea but Starfire has experience already. I don't think she'll need the training.

Astonishing Member

Simple for me, while i'm glad that Bendis will be bringing back Val Zod, I would love for Earth 2 to come back.

Have Earth 2 Return, written by Bendis and drawn by David Fabok, and we're golden. (The artist is interchangeable of course, though I do believe bendis would take Earth 2 to new heights.)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Love this idea but Starfire has experience already. I don't think she'll need the training.

I agree
    she's highly experienced
    she's been around since 1980

She's been ready for the Justice League.
    I like her in Justice League Odyssey.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

I'd like to get my hands on Grant Emerson, the original Damage. I loved his series back in the day, and had some pretty crazy ideas about where you could take him. There was a storyline where Grant finds out that in the future, he's the greatest superhuman on earth and "plot device" powerful. I wanted to explore Grant's journey from where he was, to where he would be. Kind of a rambling, James Dean/Tri-Gun (old anime series), drifter story.

Breach. I doubt anyone remembers this under-rated gem from the mid 00's. Started out as a relaunch/reboot of Captain Atom, ended up being its own thing. Equal parts "Dr. Manhattan in the DCU" and a thriller/horror monster story about invading creatures from another dimension. It was very Vertigo-in-DC feeling. Damn fun book that reminded me of the old Half-Life games. I'd update the costume but otherwise? I'd just keep on doing what it was already doing. I think in today's market where stuff like Young Animal and Vertigo can find audiences (again, in some cases) a book like Breach might have a (admittedly small) shot at (mild) success.

I don't have the skill to pull it off, but I'd dearly like to see Kate Spencer's Manhunter return too. But I do not have the ability to even pretend I could handle writing that. I don't do street level, even in my imagination.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Amazing Member

Legion Lost:
    Relaunched as a title focusing on the now 'lost' legionnaires due to a time travel incident. They end up trapped in the 23rd century, where they work together to try and get back to their time.
    1. Timberwolf(Leader)
    2. Wildfire
    3. Kid Quantum
    4. Sun Boy
    5. Phantom Girl
    6. Magno-Lad
    7. Chameleon Girl

Anima
    Relaunched as a girl merged with a parasitic being known as 'Animus' who's been incorporated into her body. Her metagene activated, Anima slaughters anyone who gets in her way. Much of her backstories and powers are changed, however she still has the power to leech off of her enemies. Anima now fights against a bigger corporation, who are attaching parasites to people like her.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I'd like to get my hands on Grant Emerson, the original Damage. I loved his series back in the day, and had some pretty crazy ideas about where you could take him. There was a storyline where Grant finds out that in the future, he's the greatest superhuman on earth and "plot device" powerful. I wanted to explore Grant's journey from where he was, to where he would be. Kind of a rambling, James Dean/Tri-Gun (old anime series), drifter story.

Breach. I doubt anyone remembers this under-rated gem from the mid 00's. Started out as a relaunch/reboot of Captain Atom, ended up being its own thing. Equal parts "Dr. Manhattan in the DCU" and a thriller/horror monster story about invading creatures from another dimension. It was very Vertigo-in-DC feeling. Damn fun book that reminded me of the old Half-Life games. I'd update the costume but otherwise? I'd just keep on doing what it was already doing. I think in today's market where stuff like Young Animal and Vertigo can find audiences (again, in some cases) a book like Breach might have a (admittedly small) shot at (mild) success.

I don't have the skill to pull it off, but I'd dearly like to see Kate Spencer's Manhunter return too. But I do not have the ability to even pretend I could handle writing that. I don't do street level, even in my imagination.
    I want Grant and Kate back man.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Star Hunters.

I like this idea, If I was do it I would call it Star Wars... Or maybe Firefly would be better

Retired

I'd like to see STAR HUNTERS get a conclusion, but I'd also like to see the story of how it all ties in with CLAW and that other STARFIRE comic--as was the original plan.

Another series for VEXT would be great.

question, what's the definition of a failed series? because i'd like to see a relaunched jli, blue beetle, and booster gold series again, but hesitant to call them failures. i mean they had a good run in my opinion.

for the jli series, i'd gather the old gang again and still make it a comedy series.

i'll have the team do the superhero "odd" jobs. like repossesion, bounty hunting, security details, superheroes for hire type of work...

i don't know how big a market is there for a "funny" series. but harley and deadpool seems to be doing just fine at the moment. so i don't know if this idea will work.

I'd bring back 'Mazing Man as a realistic, gritty,'Where are they now' sort of thing, with him as a bitter, broken older man whose adventures as 'Mazing Man were more or less all in his head.

I'd re-imagine Binky as a teen who one day becomes aware and realizes he's in some sort of fictional world that's perpetually looping the 60's era. Are he and his companions trapped in some strange, artificial Hell? and what awaits them should they escape it--?

In all seriousness, though, I'd do something with the A.R.G.U.S. concept. I love the idea of the different Rooms with various DC artifacts...I love the idea of specially-trained agents who deal with superhuman level threats, I'd introduce things like agents who receive training from Rip Hunter and a reformed Chronos for classified time travel missions/exploration. So much could be done with this sort of organization in the DCU.
    Last edited by Montressor; 11-13-2018 at 05:58 AM.
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/