Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Star Hunters.

It's a band of rebels fighting against a totalitarian corporate controlled Earth and wandering space as part of the eternal battle between good and evil. How does this NOT scream "DO IT NOW!" to anyone? Originally done in the seventies, it hinted at deeper themes that weren't quite as common in comics then. Certainly this could be relevant and sell now.
    I would like a trade of this series with new added material to finish the story or at least wrap up the cliff hanger the cancellation left.
    Hey is this your blog? - http://siskoid.blogspot.com/2014/09/...r-hunters.html
    Great look at the concept, and how to (in context of the time) appreciate it for what it is.
    ...imagine a trade paperback of short******d, self-contained series like Starfire and Star Hunters, where the original creators were brought in to finish what they started with one or two new chapters added to the reprint material. I think Star Hunters would be worthy of such a format.

Who else? Another group of Star people, because this volume of Who's Who is full of 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I'd like to see STAR HUNTERS get a conclusion, but I'd also like to see the story of how it all ties in with CLAW and that other STARFIRE comic--as was the original plan.
    I agree, (and tying it to the original Starfire and Claw(Legacy) would be a fun way to repackage it, and finish the story.
    Also shades of later Baylon 5 and even more recent Prometheus.
    Original titles "The Survivors" or " The Outcasts" would have aged better.
    Last edited by Güicho; 12-02-2019 at 12:06 PM.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    question, what's the definition of a failed series? because i'd like to see a relaunched jli, blue beetle, and booster gold series again, but hesitant to call them failures. i mean they had a good run in my opinion.

for the jli series, i'd gather the old gang again and still make it a comedy series.

i'll have the team do the superhero "odd" jobs. like repossesion, bounty hunting, security details, superheroes for hire type of work...

i don't know how big a market is there for a "funny" series. but harley and deadpool seems to be doing just fine at the moment. so i don't know if this idea will work.
    I would assume a failed series is one that only has one volume and no relaunches.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I want Grant and Kate back man.
    Who doesn't?
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Your given the chance to bring back a failed series. What book do you pick and what tweaks do you make to try and make it more successful this time around?

Justice League Task Force

The main focus of the book would be the Martian Manhunter training younger heroes that are right on the cusp of being ready for the Justice League. The lineup of the book would include:

Vibe
    Stargirl
    Firehawk
    Ray
    Blue Beetle
    Atom (Ryan Choi)
    Starfire

They are tasked with dealing with threats that are not world shattering. They are the team on the ground while the JL are taking on the mega threats.
    Love the idea, and team line-up. Although J'onn J'onnz team in training to me will always be the Detroit League.
    Also I wouldn't recycle the task force label or use the label "Justice League" which just makes them derivative.
    They need an actual new name.

Love this idea but Starfire has experience already. I don't think she'll need the training.
    Maybe swap her for a young M'gann
    Last edited by Güicho; 11-13-2018 at 07:12 AM.

I would assume a failed series is one that only has one volume and no relaunches.
    on a different topic about series' with one volumes and no relaunches, i was pleasantly surprised that they made a sinestro and larfleeze series. i don't think they ever made a series for joker (i'm probably wrong on this). and i think their run was decent even.

I'd give Cyborg another solo. He'd be based in Detriot, and his base would be Star Labs. I'd make him a high school coach just to give him something to do outside of superheroing. I'd mix up his rogues gallery to have a decent mix of tech and non tech villains, also throw him some obscure villains no ones using like Mr. Oor, Eqquis, Phobia and Toyman. One of his proteges would create an app where people can report unusual crimes that Cyborg and his team can respond to.

Characters I'd include outside of his Dad and Sarah are:
    Xenephone Clark
    Kole
    Baby Wilderbeest
    Vibe (they would become best friends and give them a corny name they joke around with like "Boom Brothers" or something)
    Metal Men
    Will Magnus
    Vixen (she would play a catwoman like role Vics life)

This series would be an opportunity to delve into Cyborg and see how he reacts to different types of attacks such as magic or mind control. No more Man or Machine struggles, he knows who he is.

Thriller.

This book had a wonderful mix of pulp like heroes in a near future high tech world. It would be a great book for Young Animal to try with a seasonal format each featuring a main arc.

Advances in ideas for science and other facets of life could make this a very interesting read for a more mature reader.
    Last edited by CaptCleghorn; 11-13-2018 at 08:58 PM.

I would like to see a Superwoman title. But with a full new character, maybe recovering Kristin Wells.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Astonishing Member

I'd like to see a Ravagers relaunch. This time use more Titans/TT characters that haven't been used lately like Aqualad, Kid Devil, Blue Beetle and some others.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I'd like to see a Ravagers relaunch. This time use more Titans/TT characters that haven't been used lately like Aqualad, Kid Devil, Blue Beetle and some others.
    That would be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    God, Ravagers is such a terrible name for a group of superheroes.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    God, Ravagers is such a terrible name for a group of superheroes.
    It works for Ravager's anti-hero extravaganza.

Retired

Might as well call themselves The Rapists--er, I mean, Therapists.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I'd give Cyborg another solo.
    Is Vic a viable option here? Because if he is, I'm adding him to my list. Vic is actually one of three DC characters I'd actually want to write (rather than just talk about online)! I mean, I can toss out vague ideas and notions with the best of them, but actually writing the book? Vic, Nightwing, and Superman are the only characters I'd want to actually get my hands on.

No more Man or Machine struggles, he knows who he is.
    Oh hells yes! That troupe is so outdated it's silly and Vic should've got beyond that a long time ago.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaxander12 View Post
    It works for Ravager's anti-hero extravaganza.
    Ravagers would sound awful for any team. Even as a villain name.