Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    Her creator Marv Wolfman would disagree.
    Marv Wolfman also thought Terry Long was a good love interest for Donna Troy.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Felicia isn't one of Stan's characters.

(And if I wanted a poor man's Batman/Catwoman, I have plenty of places to get the real thing.)
    Another missed opportunity was to re-establish Peter's relationship with Betty Brant or Liz Allan. A missed opportunity, as well as Carol Danvers, Silver Sable, Jennifer Walters and Jessica Drew ...

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Another missed opportunity was to re-establish Peter's relationship with Betty Brant or Liz Allan. A missed opportunity, as well as Carol Danvers, Silver Sable, Jennifer Walters and Jessica Drew ...
    it's almost as if they don't see them as opportunities
    troo fan or death

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    it's almost as if they don't see them as opportunities
    It's because, sadly, most writers think it's more interesting to tease possible pairings then to write any actual relationships. And the one time one of these pairings actually went all the way, it was almost immediately written out.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    It's because, sadly, most writers think it's more interesting to tease possible pairings then to write any actual relationships. And the one time one of these pairings actually went all the way, it was almost immediately written out.
    Which is quite sad because relationship could had been used as a tool to bring the Spider-Man readers to Captain Marvel, She-Hulk, or Spider-Woman/Black Widow solo series as a story arc where Peter helps the protagonist in a non-Spidey role as a supporting character or doing things together in a cameo. In the case of The She-Hulk, Jennifer and Peter have one common interest in common that is they had a loved one who died such as Jennifer's mother and Peter's parents. This is one interest that Marvel could have explored that could have been tired to a common antagonist. I feel that the one person(besides Wingfoot) who can relate to Jennifer Walters is Peter Parker. Now imagine if Jennifer met the Spiderverse version of Dr. Bruce Banner or even the Peter Parker version of The Hulk? A potential goldmine there...

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    It's not just that. It's also that a lot of these characters are controlled by different editorial offices. So the individual creator wouldn't have complete control of the relationship.

A great example of this is over at DC, when Green Lantern Kyle Rayner was in a relationship with former Wonder Girl Donna Troy. That relationship didn't end because the GL creative team wanted it to end. It ended because the Wonder Woman book wanted Donna back.

Astonishing Member

It's not just that. It's also that a lot of these characters are controlled by different editorial offices. So the individual creator wouldn't have complete control of the relationship.

A great example of this is over at DC, when Green Lantern Kyle Rayner was in a relationship with former Wonder Girl Donna Troy. That relationship didn't end because the GL creative team wanted it to end. It ended because the Wonder Woman book wanted Donna back.
    All the more reasons to cut a deal with the Editorial Office of establishing guidelines as to how long their said character can be used in exchange for one of their other characters in their place. The story arc format for relationships works best....

Marv Wolfman also thought Terry Long was a good love interest for Donna Troy.
    I have no idea what you just said, but I'm assuming you zinged him
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

Another missed opportunity was to re-establish Peter's relationship with Betty Brant
    I'm actually going to unironically agree with DF on this one
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    I have no idea what you just said, but I'm assuming you zinged him
    DC killed him off many a year ago and made him a flesh craving zombie as part of their Blackest Night crossover, and that was a step up for the character.

(There's a thread on CBR about how awful he was: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...uot-Terry-Long )

All the more reasons to cut a deal with the Editorial Office of establishing guidelines as to how long their said character can be used in exchange for one of their other characters in their place. The story arc format for relationships works best....
    Such things are easier said than done, fellow poster.

There would be no need to bring back the Betty relationship if certain people remembered what made that relationship work, and that the everyman superhero having an everywoman love interest made sense. Instead, supermodels.

Mighty Member

The same with Dick Grayson/Nightwing and his relationship with Koriand'r/Kory Anders/Starfire
    Their relationship ended not because the Titans creative team wanted it to tend. It ended because the Batman office wanted Dick back.
    There were plans for a Nightwing mini-series to run concurrently with New Titans issue #93 to 99 followed by a happy wedding in New Titans issue #100.
    The editor and the writer of the story left, and so happy wedding became the disastrous wedding that had Raven kill the minister right before he was about say "wife" and her implanting Kory with Trigon's demon seed which led to ultimately Kory breaking up with Dick and returning to Tamaran.
    Dick and Kory were each other's love interest from 1980 to 1994, and they were one of the most popular and iconic couples in DC at the time.

I like what Marv Wolfman did with Dick/Kory.
    I made a thread for them
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/teen-...75639/
    Last edited by Starrius; 11-25-2018 at 10:17 AM.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    There would be no need to bring back the Betty relationship if certain people remembered what made that relationship work, and that the everyman superhero having an everywoman love interest made sense. Instead, supermodels.
    ...In 2018, people are still using that same tired, dated, routine "supermodels" argument to try (and forever fail) to diminish MJ's role in Peter's world. Unbelievable.

MJ got where she is because she was Peter's friend first and all those things second.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    ...In 2018, people are still using that same tired, dated, routine "supermodels" argument to try (and forever fail) to diminish MJ's role in Peter's world. Unbelievable.

MJ got where she is because she was Peter's friend first and all those things second.
    yep
    not only that
    May was trying to set Peter up with Mary Jane who was the niece of Anna Watson who was May's next door neighbor friend
    Mary Jane was also an actress
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.