Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Nick Spencer Talks Peter/MJ, Felicia, and Jameson

A new interview with Nick Spencer reveals some interesting tidbits about his current and previous impact on Spider-Man...including the revelation Peter and MJ's recent reunion was the brainchild of Joe Quesada, and that Superior Foes started out life as a Black Cat series. He also talks about his plans for Jameson and The Enforcers

https://www.cbr.com/amazing-spider-m...-nick-spencer/

I'm liking what he is saying so far and is extremely glad he is going to address the Kingpin issue at Daredevil. I really like it when comics actually show some continuity and reference one another more. I'm extremely interested in what he is planning with boomerang I'm starting to like him. And I hope his for 2019 he will continue to strengthen MJ and Peter relationship,

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    A new interview with Nick Spencer reveals some interesting tidbits about his current and previous impact on Spider-Man...including the revelation Peter and MJ's recent reunion was the brainchild of Joe Quesada, and that Superior Foes started out life as a Black Cat series. He also talks about his plans for Jameson and The Enforcers

https://www.cbr.com/amazing-spider-m...-nick-spencer/

"I’m a big fan of MJ as a character and I'm a big fan of her and Peter as a couple. I think she makes the book a lot stronger. She helps highlight some great things about Peter as a character, while also being a fantastic character in her own right. So, getting to write her and write them together in the book has been really great."

I am grateful to have a Peter/Mary Jane fan being the writer of The Amazing Spider-Man
    we Peter/Mary Jane fans got lucky
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Mighty Member

Really hoping (as always) for a Superior Foes relaunch. Focusing it on, or at least including Black Cat would be a good way to help sales by attaching a B list name to the title.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    ...including the revelation Peter and MJ's recent reunion was the brainchild of Joe Quesada...
    Knowing Quesada is involved makes me nervous lol.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

All-New Member

Ugh. If I wanted to read another lengthy story arc centered around Peter and Mary Jane "going steady," I'd pick up Renew Your Vows. There are plenty of previous issues, alternate timelimes, and media featuring Peter and MJ's relationship. I find myself questioning why I'm following a narrative with a seemingly foretold conclusion.

Reconciling the differences between Spider-Man and Black Cat while restoring the relationship between Peter and Felicia seemed like the more compelling route. Instead, the Black Cat character has been mishandled for six years and Felicia cannot recall the identity of Peter as Spider-Man. There's a reason Black Cat has remained a popular character beside Spider-Man despite the mischaracterization. I suppose it's a matter of personal preference/opinion, but I was hoping for a fresh, suspenseful storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by KB06 View Post
    Ugh. If I wanted to read another lengthy story arc centered around Peter and Mary Jane "going steady," I'd pick up Renew Your Vows. There are plenty of previous issues, alternate timelimes, and media featuring Peter and MJ's relationship. I find myself questioning why I'm following a narrative with a seemingly foretold conclusion.

Reconciling the differences between Spider-Man and Black Cat while restoring the relationship between Peter and Felicia seemed like the more compelling route. Instead, the Black Cat character has been mishandled for six years and Felicia cannot recall the identity of Peter as Spider-Man. There's a reason Black Cat has remained a popular character beside Spider-Man despite the mischaracterization. I suppose it's a matter of personal preference/opinion, but I was hoping for a fresh, suspenseful storyline.
    I must agree with you. I don't see the point of "reuniting" Peter & MJ after all the trouble those in charge of Marvel went through a decade ago to push them apart in the first place. Ever since OMD we've had nothing but missed opportunities to explore other Spider-Man romantic relationships. I'd say the biggest squandered opportunity has been Peter/Felicia (because of the atrocious Queenpin of Crime storyline). Can't Peter and Felicia date for a while to freshen things up? Why would that be such a bad thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I must agree with you. I don't see the point of "reuniting" Peter & MJ after all the trouble those in charge of Marvel went through a decade ago to push them apart in the first place. Ever since OMD we've had nothing but missed opportunities to explore other Spider-Man romantic relationships. I'd say the biggest squandered opportunity has been Peter/Felicia (because of the atrocious Queenpin of Crime storyline). Can't Peter and Felicia date for a while to freshen things up? Why would that be such a bad thing?
    Felicia isn't one of Stan's characters.

(And if I wanted a poor man's Batman/Catwoman, I have plenty of places to get the real thing.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Felicia isn't one of Stan's characters....
    What does this have to do with anything? Miles isn't a character created by Stan Lee either and I greatly enjoy him.

Edit - Don't get me wrong I'm not speaking ill of the dead (far from it I loved and respected Stan Lee as much as the next person). I just have no idea why the point raised (see above post) should even matter.
    Last edited by Celgress; 11-12-2018 at 09:25 PM.

What does this have to do with anything? Miles isn't a character created by Stan Lee either and I greatly enjoy him.

Edit - Don't get me wrong I'm not speaking ill of the dead (far from it). I just have no idea why the point raised (see above post) should even matter.
    Because characters tend not to take on a big role after their original creator has left a title. Felicia is something of an exception, but she runs into the problem that Mary Jane IS a creation of Stan's (and Steve's and Johnny's). So, in terms of Peter's love life, MJ ranks higher than Felicia.

Miles is a completely different thing coming from a completely different angle. (Although I guess there are people who ship Peter x Miles. I don't think Marvel will ever go there, though.)

(Edit: My comment has nothing to do with the fact that Stan has died. That is a misunderstanding. RIP Stan.)
    Last edited by Kevinroc; 11-12-2018 at 09:33 PM.

Because characters tend not to take on a big role after their original creator has left a title. Felicia is something of an exception, but she runs into the problem that Mary Jane IS a creation of Stan's (and Steve's and Johnny's). So, in terms of Peter's love life, MJ ranks higher than Felicia....
    I still think your logic is flawed regarding this subject. If somebody who is outside the original set of creators (within any property) makes a character that resonates with the fanbase said character should not automatically be disqualified from playing a major role simply because he or she came later.
    Last edited by Celgress; 11-12-2018 at 09:50 PM.

I still think your logic is flawed regarding this subject. If somebody who is not one of the original set of creators (within any property) makes a character that resonates with the fanbase said character should not automatically be disqualified from playing a major role because he or she came later.
    Venom and Carnage are probably the biggest characters to come after Stan left Spider-Man. They fill a role in Spidey's world that wasn't already there. But creating characters like that is easier said than done.

The role you are advocating for Felicia as Spidey's main squeeze already exists. MJ fills that role. (And there will be a time where she and Peter will break up because comics, but then she will get back together with Peter again because comics.)

...The role you are advocating for Felicia as Spidey's main squeeze already exists. MJ fills that role. (And there will be a time where she and Peter will break up because comics, but then she will get back together with Peter again because comics.)
    I never said Felicia should necessarily be "Spidey's main squeeze" rather that there is an opportunity now (post-OMD) to examine other romantic relationships for Peter. Why not take advantage of the fact Spider-Man is no longer tied down romantically to explore pairings other than Peter/MJ? Frankly, and some people will likely hate me for saying this, I find 616 Peter/MJ kind of boring much of the time. More often than not their adventures while married were lackluster and consisted of him saving her or keeping her out of harm's way much of their time together.
    Last edited by Celgress; 11-12-2018 at 09:59 PM.

I never said Felicia should necessarily be "Spidey's main squeeze" rather that there is an opportunity now (post-OMD) to examine other romantic relationships for Peter. Why not take advantage of the fact Spider-Man is no longer tied down romantically to explore pairings other than Peter/MJ? Frankly, and some people will likely hate me for saying this, I find 616 Peter/MJ kind of boring much of the time.
    They had 10 years with no Peter/MJ. (Those few months of RYV during Secret Wars being an exception.)

They had 10 years with no Peter/MJ. (Those few months of RYV during Secret Wars being an exception.)
    What does this have to do with me wanting a little Peter/Felicia romantic interaction to freshen things up? Black Cat and Spidey haven't been a thing far longer than ten years. Jeez, can't a person have an opinion?