Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    We forget that Betty forgave Peter for that. Also, doesn't she know that Peter is Spidey once again?
    Betty doesn't know at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Ironically, I'm pretty sure the original idea was that we never see MJ and that's the whole joke.

(Technically we see her on panel at least twice, but both times her face was deliberately obscured).
    That is the joke.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    but Black Cat was in the original series.
    True.. I was thinking of her in a more prominent role, maybe as the person who recruits the gang, or they steal something from her and she wants it back as the main story line, something like that. "Black Cat's Superior Foes" stands a better chance at selling imo, so I'm all for having her be one of the main characters from jump.

Maybe Black Cat as the love interest for one of the Foes? She probably wouldn't go for a d lister, but who knows, they could think of something to get her involved with Boomerang or Beetle or Overdrive or whoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    True.. I was thinking of her in a more prominent role, maybe as the person who recruits the gang, or they steal something from her and she wants it back as the main story line, something like that. "Black Cat's Superior Foes" stands a better chance at selling imo, so I'm all for having her be one of the main characters from jump.
    Sounds like Felicia's Six (as a riff on Ocean's _____) .
    Maybe Black Cat as the love interest for one of the Foes? She probably wouldn't go for a d lister, but who knows, they could think of something to get her involved with Boomerang or Beetle or Overdrive or whoever.
    She was basically a faux-love interest for Boomerang in the original series, but I don't think any of the members are really her type (and her type is "good guys").

I could see her maybe working with the Janice Beetle in some regard, although I also don't think that partnership would end well.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

She was basically a faux-love interest for Boomerang in the original series, but I don't think any of the members are really her type (and her type is "good guys").

I could see her maybe working with the Janice Beetle in some regard, although I also don't think that partnership would end well.
    That's what I was thinking, "Felicia's Six"... Kind of like the beginning of "Secret Six", where Mockingbird recruits the cast together, probably through blackmail.

The Beetle idea is gold! That's a pairing I need to see. They could have such an entertaining frienemy situation. Great idea, let's just get Spencer on board and we're good to go!

Sable's not really a love interest or someone personally involved with Peter though.
    I did know that. My point was I don't think Black Cat worked well as either a love interest or as a partner in adventure, with Sable being an example of a character who fit the unpredictable ally niche that Black Cat tried to do (IMHO).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I have to hand it to Spencer, he has made me happy to read Spider-man again and i am loving how he is so far fixed some loose ends as well as the relationships between Peter and MJ and just recently with Felicia. What does still gets me is who the mystery villain is and what their connection is to Peter as the latest issue hints to more going than we think.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    That's what I was thinking, "Felicia's Six"... Kind of like the beginning of "Secret Six", where Mockingbird recruits the cast together, probably through blackmail.

The Beetle idea is gold! That's a pairing I need to see. They could have such an entertaining frienemy situation. Great idea, let's just get Spencer on board and we're good to go!
    Janice is conniving and ambitious; a real bad combination. if Felicia recruited her Six, it would probably not be Boomerang's old group. they weren't exactly competent. I could maybe see her recruiting Janice, though. maybe Scorpia? :shrug:

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I have to hand it to Spencer, he has made me happy to read Spider-man again and i am loving how he is so far fixed some loose ends as well as the relationships between Peter and MJ and just recently with Felicia. What does still gets me is who the mystery villain is and what their connection is to Peter as the latest issue hints to more going than we think.
    I agree with everything you said Hulkout42 regarding Spencer's run thus far. The mystery villain is interesting to me and I am looking forward to finding out more which is always a positive in my book,

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdman3000 View Post
    To be honest, I've been having the feeling lately that Quesada may partially regret OMD, or at least, how it ultimately turned out. So I definitely can see him not being opposed to MJ and Peter getting back together as he was ten years ago. Plus, I'm pretty sure Dan Slott overall was the main reason why Peter and MJ never got back together these past 10 years.
    When OMIT came out Quesada said he viewed OMD and OMIT as being parts 1 and 2 in a trilogy. At this point i feel part 3 is his undo button he just keeping in his pocket waiting to see if he should use it or let things ride.

Astonishing Member

The one partnership that could work for Felicia is Jessica Drew or Tigra(Police Officer Greer Nelson). The only other person who is her type are as follows:

Daredevil
    Black Panther
    Scott Summers
    Clint Barton
    Steve Rogers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I did know that. My point was I don't think Black Cat worked well as either a love interest or as a partner in adventure, with Sable being an example of a character who fit the unpredictable ally niche that Black Cat tried to do (IMHO).
    Let's not forget the following that might have worked:

Silver Sable
    Black Widow
    Jennifer Walters
    Carol Danvers
    Jessica Drew
    Mockingbird

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Janice is conniving and ambitious; a real bad combination. if Felicia recruited her Six, it would probably not be Boomerang's old group. they weren't exactly competent. I could maybe see her recruiting Janice, though. maybe Scorpia? :shrug:
    I would love to see Felicia get Typhoid Mary, Mystique, Lady Deathstrike, as well as Titania, Man-Killer, and Stunner as part of her team...

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Let's not forget the following that might have worked:

Silver Sable
    Black Widow
    Jennifer Walters
    Carol Danvers
    Jessica Drew
    Mockingbird
    Maybe?

10char
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Maybe?

10char
    Hope so...