Page 47 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Cant say that I have. But I like what you're describing. I could roll with Dick getting "objectives" instead of "orders." And Kathy as a semi-mysterious figure does have a lot of appeal. You totally turned me around on using her earlier in this thread and I do like the idea of her puppet master-ing.
    You should check them out. I mean, they are total time sucks that practically no adult has time for, but they seem up your alley.

I mean, I'd be fine if Dick was just an agent. Sh*t, I'd be more than fine if nothing like this ever happened and Dick's book was just worth reading again. But I still like the concept of Dick having to step up in the leadership too.
    If I had the time and talent (of which I have neither) I'd love to draw a comic based on the ideas in this thread. Even with no monetary reward, I think these ideas deserve to see the light of day.

I would pitty the reporter that tries to get information out of Dick .
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    You should check them out. I mean, they are total time sucks that practically no adult has time for, but they seem up your alley.
    From what I've seen.....yeah. I think I'd love them. But I have no time. I cant even play the games I already own. Best I can usually manage is twenty minutes for a couple Overwatch matches with my son before bed.

But Mass Effect is on the bucket list.

If I had the time and talent (of which I have neither) I'd love to draw a comic based on the ideas in this thread. Even with no monetary reward, I think these ideas deserve to see the light of day.
    The funny thing would be if it really took off.

I dont do fanfic but I'm just waiting for a situation like this, where the book is awful and some fan decides to do a free online comic that ends up being infinitely better, and fans stop buying the real title. I wonder what DC would do if a fan actually bit the bottom line?

I mean, the odds of that happening are so unlikely it might as well be impossible but its funny to consider.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Fantastic Member

After I knew about Scott Snyders original CoO plans for Dick, I just want to read the entire thing played out as HIS story not Bruce’s. He can be Batman in Gotham and Nightwing in a mission to the multiverse against Owlman. Juxtaposed with his mom’s history and what not.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nhienphan2808 View Post
    After I knew about Scott Snyders original CoO plans for Dick, I just want to read the entire thing played out as HIS story not Bruce’s. He can be Batman in Gotham and Nightwing in a mission to the multiverse against Owlman. Juxtaposed with his mom’s history and what not.
    I'd love to see that. Usually one's first instincts are the best ones. Can we go to Twitter and beg Snyder to come over to Nightwing? I don't know much about how Twitter works.

Should Dick just fake his death again and go full tilt into Spyral? I think it could be done without having to hide his existence from Babs, Damian, and Bruce.

What are some arguments for and against this?

Should Dick just fake his death again and go full tilt into Spyral? I think it could be done without having to hide his existence from Babs, Damian, and Bruce.

It goes against Dick's character. Dick has been an a****** and secretive to save/help friends and people before, it does work but after a while it becomes too much. I feel that Grayson hit a sweet spot in terms of length and trying that direction again without Seeley feels like people trying to do Dixon's Bludhaven without the same amount of effort he put into it.

Besides to me going that far to make Dick into a spy is too much work. You need to justify so much when DC could just do a new Checkmate or maybe a Nemesis book. Dick is and always will be a showman, an acrobat, a performer. Spywork I feel is very familiar and yet so completely different to being a superhero. It turns the super-heroics into a job, a paycheck and that kinda bothers me.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

He should just go join Spyral and act as an agent. No need to fake his death or lie to anyone. You have other vigilantes like The Hood who are members of Spyral and still do vigilante work. As long as Dick feels like he can still operate as a hero under his own control I don't see any reason why he would be against working for Spyral again. He gets to treat being a hero as a full time job and doesn't have to worry about dumb day to day things like driving a taxi or working as a bartender to earn money to say in some crappy apartment that no one cares about. He is free to go anywhere and do anything while acting as a hero.

The reason against it is because **** like Bludhaven exists. They are going to say "Bludhaven means too much to him" or "he needs to be there to protect it" and other garbage like that and it will prevent him from being able to act as an agent in Spyral again.

Dick should legit die...and then come back as a zombie

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Dick should legit die...and then come back as a zombie
    Are you a mutant with precognitive abilities?

I have no idea how to respond to that, so yes

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I have no idea how to respond to that, so yes
    It was a compliment, dude. No worries.

Well, you know I'd be fine with it. But I dont think the guy needs to fake his death. He could just "retire" if he wants to keep everything super hush-hush, or DC could (they have my permission) go with the "three way secret identity" where Dick maintains Nightwing as a city-level hero but, without anyone else in the heroic community knowing, also works as an agent of Spyral (or run the whole thing, if I had my way. Along with a council with Kathy on it, because you sold me on that).

I feel like we've weighed the pro's and con's of Spyral a lot. It gives Dick a unique niche to own and define, it's something he's good at but doesn't enjoy, which generates drama. But seeing Dick in a position he struggles with morally, issue in and issue out.....that might get old real fast, which means you've gotta find a way to grease the wheels and that could lead to Dick slowly seeing his values erode in the name of compromise. Dick as a spy might not be a fully viable direction for the long-term, without some big adjustments to his character no one wants. (I dont agree with the possible con's, or I at least think they're avoidable. But they're still con's).

But a horrible thought has crossed my mind.

Right now we've got two Robins (Tim, Damian) and two Superboys (Conner, Jon). Bendis has said that this is temporary and names will be changed.

What if we end up with one of the Robins going by Nightwing and their corresponding Super going by Flamebird? It'd get "Nightwing and Flamebird" back together, pre-Crisis style. It works on the Worlds Finest/Super Sons vibe. And Didio dislikes Dick Grayson enough to let the Nightwing name go to someone else (even if neither Damian or Tim have any right to a Kryptonian name!). So if that terrible thing does happen.....what becomes of Dick? If he takes up yet another heroic codename.....what is it?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Well, you know I'd be fine with it. But I dont think the guy needs to fake his death. He could just "retire" if he wants to keep everything super hush-hush, or DC could (they have my permission) go with the "three way secret identity" where Dick maintains Nightwing as a city-level hero but, without anyone else in the heroic community knowing, also works as an agent of Spyral (or run the whole thing, if I had my way. Along with a council with Kathy on it, because you sold me on that).

I feel like we've weighed the pro's and con's of Spyral a lot. It gives Dick a unique niche to own and define, it's something he's good at but doesn't enjoy, which generates drama. But seeing Dick in a position he struggles with morally, issue in and issue out.....that might get old real fast, which means you've gotta find a way to grease the wheels and that could lead to Dick slowly seeing his values erode in the name of compromise. Dick as a spy might not be a fully viable direction for the long-term, without some big adjustments to his character no one wants. (I dont agree with the possible con's, or I at least think they're avoidable. But they're still con's).

But a horrible thought has crossed my mind.

Right now we've got two Robins (Tim, Damian) and two Superboys (Conner, Jon). Bendis has said that this is temporary and names will be changed.

What if we end up with one of the Robins going by Nightwing and their corresponding Super going by Flamebird? It'd get "Nightwing and Flamebird" back together, pre-Crisis style. It works on the Worlds Finest/Super Sons vibe. And Didio dislikes Dick Grayson enough to let the Nightwing name go to someone else (even if neither Damian or Tim have any right to a Kryptonian name!). So if that terrible thing does happen.....what becomes of Dick? If he takes up yet another heroic codename.....what is it?
    I think it’s far more likely that Dick will (finally) get his own super and they’ll be called flamebird than we’ll see Tim/Dami take the NW mantle while their super becomes flamebird.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I think it’s far more likely that Dick will (finally) get his own super and they’ll be called flamebird than we’ll see Tim/Dami take the NW mantle while their super becomes flamebird.
    I very much hope you're right. But there's been no talk about Dick at all, on any level that I'm aware of. And we know a Super and a Bat kid are going to change their names, together, at around the same time. I fear the temptation will be too much, and since DC sees little to no value in Dick and Bette's never been a consideration (and hasn't even been using the Flamebird name on the rare occasion she does show up) I doubt he'd be enough to stop such a decision from being made.

It's largely an unfounded fear. But I can't shake the feeling that its possible.

~ Black Panther.