Page 66 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1656626364656667 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    It's not just they stopped helping him, he doesn't wanna have anything to do with them. You can't help someone who doesn't wanna be helped. What are they gonna do? Shoot him with a memory bullet?
    I meeeeean....you say it like none of them could get a hold of something like that XD

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I meeeeean....you say it like none of them could get a hold of something like that XD
    They do. Babs has it. That's why I bring it up, but there's the consent problem.

I guess it would also depend on how much you take consent into consideration when someone's not in their right mind. Personally, I'd say that, for the sake of healing brain damage, I'd give 'em a pass. But I was also in the camp that supported what the League did to Dr. Light in Identity Crisis so I might not be the best judge XD

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

They've been telling us the entire time that Ric isn’t Dick so why not take it a step further and make it true. Ric isn’t Dick and never truly was, instead he was merely a distraction for Dick’s attackers should they decide to finish the job.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I guess it would also depend on how much you take consent into consideration when someone's not in their right mind. Personally, I'd say that, for the sake of healing brain damage, I'd give 'em a pass. But I was also in the camp that supported what the League did to Dr. Light in Identity Crisis so I might not be the best judge XD
    Oh yeah you're definitely not the best judge XD

If he's in a vegetative state, then the doctor can give the decision to the family since he's completely incapable, but since he's... relatively healthy, he can make his own decision, then legally and morally they should respect his decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    They've been telling us the entire time that Ric isn’t Dick so why not take it a step further and make it true. Ric isn’t Dick and never truly was, instead he was merely a distraction for Dick’s attackers should they decide to finish the job.
    That would at least be sensible. I mean the whole idea that a person loses 10 years of their memories and is just okay with it is absurd. It is one of the many problems with the whole structure of this entire story.

Not too mention his convenient muscle memory super powers.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-05-2019 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    That would at least be sensible. I mean the whole idea that a person loses 10 years of their memories and is just okay with it is absurd. It is one of the many problems with the whole structure of this entire story.
    I dunno, maybe it's in line with his amish characterization by Percy.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    I dunno, maybe it's in line with his amish characterization by Percy.
    Percy wanted to give Dick just vertigo before something happened and the story changed. So I don't know if it was his idea or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Percy wanted to give Dick just vertigo before something happened and the story changed. So I don't know if it was his idea or not.
    I was more making a joke that Dick was scared of technology that would help restore him. And also cell phones.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.

I was more making a joke that Dick was scared of technology that would help restore him. And also cell phones.
    Oh, lol.

I'm still a bit sad we didn't see the end of Percy's story after suffering through the bad part of it.

I liked his annual a lot.

The only issues I've ever liked written by Percy was the arc where Dick tortured people for information. And that was only because of the John Paul Leon artwork.

The rest is decent but safe fanservice ideas with mediocre-cheesy execution. That RV scene with Dick geeking out about cereal and exercise weights was lame beyond lame. And embarrassing.

Just remembered a thread I saw a while back asking about ideas for Red X as a Nightwing villain. And I think that's a great one. Here's a villain who has a connection to Dick in other media and is extremely well recieved, but never made its way into the comics. I think it'd be fun to hear pitches for it.

The best pitch I heard was this one:
    Firstly have Red X be a persona Dick had used. Then have the suit, its tech and gadgets stolen and be used as a villain. Not a big scheming villain but a muscle for hire, petty thieving kind of guy. Dick tries to stop him but he is just as good as he is.

Red X could be a member of a school of assassins or something of the like Dick was a part of, a sort of friend and rival Dick had that he lost contact with. Or just a highly trained fighter who happened across the suit. Guy is mostly harmless though, like I said petty thieving l, and after Dick stops his crime spree, the suit disappears.

And this is more of something I just always wanted to happen in superhero comics in general: have all subsequent appearances be a different guy under the mask. Whenever Dick or anyone else stops Red X, before the final battle that would stop them they would discard the suit and hide it somewhere or give it to someone else. This really expensive suit with all the latest tech at the time loose on the streets where anyone could take it and do whatever they want with it. And Dick who feels responsible for letting it loose.

Since it will be a different guy under the mask each time his role will be different every time. Gun for hire, crime boss, anti-hero, full-on hero. Someone familiar, someone completely new. Always different, always temporary. With the suit upgraded and updated with each new owner who puts their own spin on it. When the gimmick gets old have Dick finally get the suit back. If one particular character who donned the persona gets really popular have him steal it from Dick again and be the permanent Red X.
    I'd put two spins on the actual origin of the suit itself. It'd be either:

a.)A Proto-Nightwing: Before he became Nightwing (or even quit being Robin) Dick secretly created the Red X identity to establish himself as his own independent superhero. But after he screws up his first mission out, he retires the mantle forever, leaving the Red X a mystery to everyone else. When Red X reappears in the present day, only Dick knows that it's a different one.

b.) A present day build up to it. No Snyder/Tynion retcon. Tell a present story with Dick being Red X. Creates villain persona to steal information from a hero or something else Nightwing can't be seen doing because of optics. After this storyline, leave it untouched for a while. Maybe an arc or two, and then bring it back as a villain, so that it all seems more organic.

Just remembered a thread I saw a while back asking about ideas for Red X as a Nightwing villain. And I think that's a great one. Here's a villain who has a connection to Dick in other media and is extremely well recieved, but never made its way into the comics. I think it'd be fun to hear pitches for it.

The best pitch I heard was this one:

I'd put two spins on the actual origin of the suit itself. It'd be either:

a.)A Proto-Nightwing: Before he became Nightwing (or even quit being Robin) Dick secretly created the Red X identity to establish himself as his own independent superhero. But after he screws up his first mission out, he retires the mantle forever, leaving the Red X a mystery to everyone else. When Red X reappears in the present day, only Dick knows that it's a different one.

b.) A present day build up to it. No Snyder/Tynion retcon. Tell a present story with Dick being Red X. Creates villain persona to steal information from a hero or something else Nightwing can't be seen doing because of optics. After this storyline, leave it untouched for a while. Maybe an arc or two, and then bring it back as a villain, so that it all seems more organic.
    I'm a fan of the proto-nightwing idea. Not only does it give a secret that he even kept from Bruce, but I'm also just a sucker for filling his history a bit in this post flashpoint age.