Page 42 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    Yeah, I definitely think Chris Kent would be the way to go for Flamebird now.
    Well, it'd be the first interesting thing ever done with him.

It would be interesting to see Dick training and dealing with the son of Zod....and it would indeed check a lot of the boxes we've talked about.

I'm not up to date on him currently though; no idea of any of the New Krypton stuff counts anymore or what.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

It would be interesting to see Dick training and dealing with the son of Zod....and it would indeed check a lot of the boxes we've talked about.

I'm not up to date on him currently though; no idea of any of the New Krypton stuff counts anymore or what.
    Would it be in Dick’s best interests to assign him training a meta who would probably be of greater interest to the usual DC scribes?

Me either. Might be one of those ideas that would work best under a soft reboot. I think that most ideas for Dick work best with a soft reboot after the n52 and ric debacle.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Would it be in Dick’s best interests to assign him training a meta who would probably be of greater interest to the usual DC scribes?
    Like I said earlier, I would want his powerlevels to be closer to Captain America than Superman, but I don't think that either would be bad for Dick. All of the ideas in the thread pretty much start with the premise of "I'm writing Nightwing and get to do what I want."

If you go with a different origin with this Chris Kent being a clone using Lex's and Zod's DNA then you can legitimately bring his power levels down to something similar to what you have for Superboy in the Young Justice cartoon.
    What I Read: Nightwing, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Justice League, Batman, Detective Comics, Batgirl, , The Flash, Action Comics, Superman, and Suicide Squad

What I Miss: Justice League and Justice League Unlimited TV Series, Wolverine and the X-Men TV Series and the Marvel Comics that got me into reading comics to begin with.

"I can't wait until the 'Ric' plot line ends!"

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

All the other Robins have adopted a Kryptonian, Dick might as well join the club.

Probably not, no.

But the issue there is that the hot commodity changes. A year or two ago, a Nightwing writer probably could have gotten Conner without anyone giving a damn. But today? Wouldn't happen. And if a Nightwing writer took a no-name, no consequence Kryptonian like Chris and actually did something with him? The sharks start to circle, hoping to steal the new hot item away.

As for the power levels.....I'd be fine with Dick training someone at "regular" Kryptonian levels (normal for a ten year old, I mean, or however old Chris is these days). What's the point of having a metahuman, and a Kryptonian at that, if they're not at full strength? If Dick can train and be a mentor to someone that powerful it says a lot more about his ability than if the kid wasn't at that full potential.
    Last edited by Ascended; 02-14-2019 at 02:53 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

As for the power levels.....I'd be fine with Dick training someone at "regular" Kryptonian levels (normal for a ten year old, I mean, or however old Chris is these days). What's the point of having a metahuman, and a Kryptonian at that, if they're not at full strength? If Dick can train and be a mentor to someone that powerful it says a lot more about his ability than if the kid wasn't at that full potential.
    I actually quite like the idea that Chris is still Ursa and Zod's kid, that he may have been party to some interstellar crime somehow, and that now he's on the lamb. Keeps him full powered, but gives him a reason to try to keep a lid on that.

BANNED

Hooking up with a Pseudo Kryptonian might be interesting. Maybe have Dick spend some time in Kandor and make a friend there who wants to try life outside the bottle. Dunno if Kandor is currently destroyed or not. I’d be cool with Krypto staying with Dick for awhile.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Hooking up with a Pseudo Kryptonian might be interesting. Maybe have Dick spend some time in Kandor and make a friend there who wants to try life outside the bottle. Dunno if Kandor is currently destroyed or not. I’d be cool with Krypto staying with Dick for awhile.
    Pretty sure Kandor got destroyed somewhere in bendis’ man of steel mini

Yeah, Kandor is gone. One of the first things Bendis did that made me question his direction for the Superman line.

BANNED

I’ve never read anything by Bendis but the likelihood of it ever happening are dwindling away fast. Does this guy ever really BUILD anything or does he just destroy legacy for cheap quick shock value? I always try to avoid anything I think is overhyped and he sure seems to be filling that bill.

I’ve never read anything by Bendis but the likelihood of it ever happening are dwindling away fast. Does this guy ever really BUILD anything or does he just destroy legacy for cheap quick shock value? I always try to avoid anything I think is overhyped and he sure seems to be filling that bill.
    Bendis has grand plans, but his plans never consider the wreckage he leaves behind. Just look at the state of the X-Men.
    What I Read: Nightwing, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Justice League, Batman, Detective Comics, Batgirl, , The Flash, Action Comics, Superman, and Suicide Squad

What I Miss: Justice League and Justice League Unlimited TV Series, Wolverine and the X-Men TV Series and the Marvel Comics that got me into reading comics to begin with.

"I can't wait until the 'Ric' plot line ends!"

I'm gonna be honest, the ideas we've discussed in this thread for Bludhaven have been so fun that I'd actually be alright with saying goodbye to Dick as an Agent of Spyral.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    All the other Robins have adopted a Kryptonian, Dick might as well join the club.
    This is hilarious, I didn't even notice this

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    I'm gonna be honest, the ideas we've discussed in this thread for Bludhaven have been so fun that I'd actually be alright with saying goodbye to Dick as an Agent of Spyral.
    All it takes is a little love and imagination and you get great material. It really makes me wonder what the hell is going on at DC right now.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics