Page 26 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Kill him because I know one person in DC really really wants to do it. Give him what he wants. Resurrect Dick when DiDio retires or die. Less obstacle to whatever the new writer wants to do. Being in limbo will prevent Dick from being damaged like what's happening these past few years. Dick's popularity won't be gone in a decade anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    Kill him because I know one person in DC really really wants to do it. Give him what he wants. Resurrect Dick when DiDio retires or die. Less obstacle to whatever the new writer wants to do. Being in limbo will prevent Dick from being damaged like what's happening these past few years. Dick's popularity won't be gone in a decade anyway.
    Or maybe dc could send him away to be in another dcu characters supporting cast like Superman, wonder woman, flash or hell hawkman. Just no more bat or titan right now I'm done with that BS.

BANNED

Didio is like my evil mother-in-law; he is immortal and will never die. I think he should move to a tropical island populated by thousands of beautiful island maidens who dance the hula for him all day and roast pigs on a spit for him all night. Killing Dick would be like killing one of my children or grandchildren--sending him to the Phantom Zone might be better.

Pretty much figured out the idea I was gonna post about Mar'i joining the DCU but first; a quick question: what is HIVE up to these days? I *think* they were used somewhat recently in the Titans but I dont read that and the last time I myself saw anything done with the HIVE was probably in the friggin Young Justice cartoon, years back.

So what are those guys up to now?
    Last edited by Ascended; 12-12-2018 at 09:12 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Pretty much figured out the idea I was gonna post about Mar'i joining the DCU but first; a quick question: what is HIVE up to these days? I *think* they were used somewhat recently in the Titans but the last time I saw anything done with the HIVE was in the friggin Young Justice cartoon, years back.

So what are those guys up to now?
    Weren't they used in the current Teen Titans series? I'm not sure.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Titans, yes. Teen Titans, no. Damian's cousin popped up in the first arc, but hasn't been touched upon since.

BANNED

Now, ya'll know that between Babs and Kori, I'm Team Kori all the way (well, you probably dont know that, but I do). However, I wouldn't want to see them just jump back into a relationship immediately. It's been a long, long time since they were together and suddenly being back in a relationship, even to raise a daughter, wouldnt feel organic. But they dont have to be in a relationship together to raise a healthy, happy little girl who knows that her parents love her and each other, even if they don't love each other the way traditional mommies and daddies do.

So what Id do is have them raise Mar'i together, but not just jump back into a relationship. I think it'd be interesting to see DC explore a dynamic where the parents aren't together romantically, but are still raising their kid together. Dick and Kori still get along just fine, and I can see them raising their daughter without feeling like they need to sleep in the same bed. Non-traditional relationships aren't all that unusual these days, so why not take a look at that? At least for a little bit.

And over time maybe they rekindle that old flame (it seems likely, given this hypothetical situation) or maybe they don't, but it'd be nice to see them be a part of each other's lives again. And while their situation is evolving you can use that to spin some fun stories about the other women in Dick's life adjusting to that new reality, Dick and Kori adjusting to it and finding out where the limits are, etc.

My point is, if and when Dick and Kori get back together I want it to happen naturally and organically and be built on stronger stuff than "we have a kid so we must be together" or "we're together because nostalgia."
    People rediscover each other all the time. If Dick and Kory spent some time together, let them see what develops, relearn why they loved each other. I think there is a terrible shortage of married couples in comics and this is a good and proper role to show kids. They should get married before they start having kids.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I think so? I haven't read Titans since the first arc of Rebirth. Was just wondering what the status quo of HIVE is these days.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    People rediscover each other all the time. If Dick and Kory spent some time together, let them see what develops, relearn why they loved each other. I think there is a terrible shortage of married couples in comics and this is a good and proper role to show kids. They should get married before they start having kids.
    Like I said, I'd let them see where it goes. I do ship Kori and Dick (unless I can ship Dick and Power Girl) but I've no interest in seeing them get back together instantly. It's been a long damn time, they've both grown and moved in their own directions, and if it were to happen under my pen (which it would be, unless I could use Karen) I'd want it to develop naturally and organically; I think that would make it far more satisfying for everyone, make the bond between them stronger from a meta perspective, and it'd be harder for another writer to pull apart.

Plus, for this idea Im kicking around they don't actually *have* Mar'i. I dont like retcons and reboots and Im not dropping a retcon that big on Dick and Kori.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

I think so? I haven't read Titans since the first arc of Rebirth. Was just wondering what the status quo of HIVE is these days.

Like I said, I'd let them see where it goes. I do ship Kori and Dick (unless I can ship Dick and Power Girl) but I've no interest in seeing them get back together instantly. It's been a long damn time, they've both grown and moved in their own directions, and if it were to happen under my pen (which it would be, unless I could use Karen) I'd want it to develop naturally and organically; I think that would make it far more satisfying for everyone, make the bond between them stronger from a meta perspective, and it'd be harder for another writer to pull apart.

Plus, for this idea Im kicking around they don't actually *have* Mar'i. I dont like retcons and reboots and Im not dropping a retcon that big on Dick and Kori.
    I agree they shouldn't just go, "Hey--haven't seen you in a few years--howya doing? Let's go back to the altar and try getting married again!" But it would definitely be my endgame if I was writing.

Mighty Member

The truth is the Nightwing writer doesn't have the power to dictate what Dick does in DC. Even the Batman writer or 'Tec writer has more say on what happens with Nightwing. The Nightwing writer can't say no to Tom King on whatever trauma he wants to inflict to Dick. Dick is and let me highlight it "A SUPPORTING CAST" of Batman. Shocker!!! You want to free him and develop him as a character. Take him away from Batman and the Bat office. Or else we get another decade of Dick being a comic relief and always smiling simpleton.

BANNED

Tom King is the DC hot writer of the moment. When the Bendis material drops, he and Snyder will be yesterday's news. King isn't going to hang around forever, either. Dick Grayson will outlive them all.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I agree they shouldn't just go, "Hey--haven't seen you in a few years--howya doing? Let's go back to the altar and try getting married again!" But it would definitely be my endgame if I was writing.
    Slow-burn is best in my opinion
    That helped it be great in the Wolfman run
    I wished that they had done that in Titans show
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    Slow-burn is best in my opinion
    That helped it be great in the Wolfman run
    I wished that they had done that in Titans show
    More time limitations in an 11-episode tv show. I would have liked a slow build-up to Dick+Kory, too, but it suits the time constraints that Dick Grayson is easy to get into the sack. At least Anna is finally losing the fright wig next week.

Mighty Member

Ready to get Ric because DC is going all in. Lobdell might write a worse dumpster fire than his Teen Titans. Good luck defending that guy.

The truth is the Nightwing writer doesn't have the power to dictate what Dick does in DC. Even the Batman writer or 'Tec writer has more say on what happens with Nightwing. The Nightwing writer can't say no to Tom King on whatever trauma he wants to inflict to Dick. Dick is and let me highlight it "A SUPPORTING CAST" of Batman. Shocker!!! You want to free him and develop him as a character. Take him away from Batman and the Bat office. Or else we get another decade of Dick being a comic relief and always smiling simpleton.
    Yeah. We all know that.

~ Black Panther.