Page 13 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    Did you read BQM's Batgirl?
    The first couple issues, yeah. It just didn't grab me. Of course, I was still a little pissed the Cass got pushed out of the role so I have a bias.

One thing is clear though, visually she needs to be reminiscent of Deathstroke. Nightwing working with one of his greatest foe's daughters is eye catching, so I wouldn't changer costume too much. It visualizes the story tension.
    That would be my thought as well, but I was curious what everyone else thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    So I’d have Dick join the JSA
    You make some damn fine points here man. But you had me with Power Girl.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    He's never going to join the JSA and DC already followed a similar premise with Earth 2: Society. JSA maybe a cure for Titan related problems but it offers little else. Besides no way is DC going to sacrifice Dick's Titans status in favor of JSA.
    Why not? DC seems to have no problem sacrificing Dick for any other excuse under the sun.

Cannot get over how much I want that Nightwing and Flamebird book.

Is there any Superhero and kid sidekick book on the market at all?

Such a huge superhero concept to not be in a book anywhere.

Who better than the original kid sidekick grown up?

So many no brainers in the batbooks that aren't happening.
    Batman - Daredevil

JSA is as much of a B-team as the Titans. Titans has more going for it the JSA does these days even. Still if it means Nightwing and Powergirl on the same team, I’ll take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    JSA is as much of a B-team as the Titans. Titans has more going for it the JSA does these days even. Still if it means Nightwing and Powergirl on the same team, I’ll take it.
    I think you are looking at it as a team book. The JSA being a B team is irrelevant. I mean Spyral was D-list but it worked as a foundation for his book. This wouldn't be a team book but a solo book that follows Dick's journey into the JSA. It is somewhat the same set up as what Grayson was in it following him in Spyral. So it is his POV and not the team's.

The need for it is that I want Dick to be a full time hero and you need a foundation for that. The adult Titans are a garbage dumb, he can never join the JLA, things like Outsiders will always be Batman's team, and we just did the Spyral thing. So the JSA feel like the next best option for that because it is an established team with adults and no Batman where Dick can just operate as a member without the burdens of the Titans or having to create and lead his own team.

Bring back JSA All-Stars and put Dick in the book.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Bring back JSA All-Stars and put Dick in the book.
    I'd be grateful for whatever I could get nowadays.

Incredible Member

Dick could lead the JSA Espionage Squad.

If there was an All-Star Nightwing series, who would be the ideal "star" creative team? (Or maybe an All-Star Robin(s) series that's about the four main Robins, but that would basically be B&R Eternal, but actually good.)

Quote Originally Posted by babybats View Post
    If there was an All-Star Nightwing series, who would be the ideal "star" creative team? (Or maybe an All-Star Robin(s) series that's about the four main Robins, but that would basically be B&R Eternal, but actually good.)
    No book about the four Robins would ever be good by nature.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Fantastic Member

Lil' Gotham is the last good batfamily book. At this rate and as all four of them now you get the same quality of BRE or worse.

Unless Bruce stop being a clingy bitch Dick will never go global trotting or form connections or operate too far from Gotham.

For all fans say about him having connections throughout the DCU i would like to see that explored some more. I would like a Superman/Nightwing book. Or whatever team book his writers - fans want and never got to write. And maybe he can be friends with Wonder Woman. Or one of the green lantern because he's worthy of will to stand with them. And we'll go from there.

It's ok if these teams of achievements/connections are/will be back to Bruce, because well, it's his and Dick is his son. Dick have been ok with never getting out of the Batlore since Obsidian Age. i don't even know why they had to regress him by repeating his teen rebelion. That's what we call maturity. We just want Dick to actually look good for once and Bruce to stop being a bitch.

Dick has no real connections to the dcu anymore. In nightwing #9 with superman dick says he has lots of friends in this big panel with characters like superman, wonder woman, supergirl, zatanna, firestorm, cyborg, Barry and hal. But how many of them has he interacted with since the new52 started? The only ones he's interesting with are the batfamily and NNT and the titans are all manly from rebirth.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nhienphan2808 View Post
    Lil' Gotham is the last good batfamily book. At this rate and as all four of them now you get the same quality of BRE or worse.

Unless Bruce stop being a clingy bitch Dick will never go global trotting or form connections or operate too far from Gotham.

For all fans say about him having connections throughout the DCU i would like to see that explored some more. I would like a Superman/Nightwing book. Or whatever team book his writers - fans want and never got to write. And maybe he can be friends with Wonder Woman. Or one of the green lantern because he's worthy of will to stand with them. And we'll go from there.

It's ok if these teams of achievements/connections are/will be back to Bruce, because well, it's his and Dick is his son. Dick have been ok with never getting out of the Batlore since Obsidian Age. i don't even know why they had to regress him by repeating his teen rebelion. That's what we call maturity. We just want Dick to actually look good for once and Bruce to stop being a bitch.
    I have seen no evidence in the latest reboot that Dick has been adopted so he's not Bruce's son. Unless I'm missing something.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I have seen no evidence in the latest reboot that Dick has been adopted so he's not Bruce's son. Unless I'm missing something.
    Bruce climbed a mountain in the middle of a blizzard to hunt down the guy who shot Dick in the head than proceeded to beat the ever living **** out of said person. That alone is worth more than some stupid piece of paper when determining if Dick is his son or not.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by nhienphan2808 View Post
    Don't really think that he is really more connected than DCs other prominet charcters.

And Bruce is for example way closer with Superman, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern than Dick.