Page 43 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    All it takes is a little love and imagination and you get great material. It really makes me wonder what the hell is going on at DC right now.
    Well, we have a guy that has gone on record saying he hates legacy characters.
    Another guy whose idea for an event is to kill off a bunch of heroes, and make a psycho clown girl somehow best three experienced heroes, two of which are among the most powerful on Earth.
    And another that flat out ignores continuity and characterization of established characters, that tosses in a bunch of dialogue without actually saying anything.

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    I'm gonna be honest, the ideas we've discussed in this thread for Bludhaven have been so fun that I'd actually be alright with saying goodbye to Dick as an Agent of Spyral.
    I had to take a break from this thread because it was making me depressed. There are so many good ideas floating around here.

BANNED

R
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Well, we have a guy that has gone on record saying he hates legacy characters.
    Another guy whose idea for an event is to kill off a bunch of heroes, and make a psycho clown girl somehow best three experienced heroes, two of which are among the most powerful on Earth.
    And another that flat out ignores continuity and characterization of established characters, that tosses in a bunch of dialogue without actually saying anything.
    Who’s that? Legacy characters pay the bills—if a “pro” doesn’t “like” them, the janitorial industry is always hiring. Although those employers expect some integrity and ability to actually work.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I had to take a break from this thread because it was making me depressed. There are so many good ideas floating around here.
    Yeah, its a shame that DC and Marvel are so opposed to fan submissions. I mean, I get it. If they accepted fan pitches their offices would be full of mail and 99.999999% of it would be terrible. But I gotta admit, even I'd be willing to knock out a pitch for Nightwing.

Oh my god. I know what DC should do. Make it a fan competition, voted on and decided by fans. DC could make it their next imprint; take a few D-list characters none of the pro's are into; have fans send in pitches for one of those IP's, post the scripts online, and have fans vote (not allowed to vote on your own, obvs) to see who wins. Then have editorial assign the art teams. The company has done damn little work themselves but created a big event with tons of fan engagement, and probably a fair chunk of media attention. Make each book a miniseries, so you can end things before it becomes too apparent that your inexperienced fan writers don't really know what they're doing. And then you can cultivate those writers from there, getting them actual experience; building a new generation of talented, "name" creators, all built 100% in-house.

I'm a marketing genius! lol
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    R

Who’s that? Legacy characters pay the bills—if a “pro” doesn’t “like” them, the janitorial industry is always hiring. Although those employers expect some integrity and ability to actually work.
    DiDio. The guy that's basically in charge of the comics side now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Yeah, its a shame that DC and Marvel are so opposed to fan submissions. I mean, I get it. If they accepted fan pitches their offices would be full of mail and 99.999999% of it would be terrible. But I gotta admit, even I'd be willing to knock out a pitch for Nightwing.

Oh my god. I know what DC should do. Make it a fan competition, voted on and decided by fans. DC could make it their next imprint; take a few D-list characters none of the pro's are into; have fans send in pitches for one of those IP's, post the scripts online, and have fans vote (not allowed to vote on your own, obvs) to see who wins. Then have editorial assign the art teams. The company has done damn little work themselves but created a big event with tons of fan engagement, and probably a fair chunk of media attention. Make each book a miniseries, so you can end things before it becomes too apparent that your inexperienced fan writers don't really know what they're doing. And then you can cultivate those writers from there, getting them actual experience; building a new generation of talented, "name" creators, all built 100% in-house.

I'm a marketing genius! lol
    Didn't DC already do something like that years back or was that Marvel?

I dunno, I had no idea it had been tried before.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    DiDio. The guy that's basically in charge of the comics side now.
    He said that? No wonder he keeps green-lighting projects with not-legacy characters that usually fail.

Marvel did this, I wanna say Alias came from it.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

BANNED

Maybe a 1-900-Bring-Back-Dick or 1-900-We-Luv-Ric numbers. I've got more money now than I did a few decades ago. Maybe more time to vote, too.

What I would do:

After coming back to terms of who he is, Dick Grayson decides to give up on Nightwing and go back to Spyral. He becomes the Ethan Hunt of the DCverse joined alongside Arrowette (Why not?) and Tiger. He goes around the world and his stationed in London, England.

Tim Drake takes the mantle and becomes the new Nightwing and basically goes around America to solve a mystery like a detective (idk about the mystery)

Before anyone wonders why I decided to give Timmy the mantle. I think Dick Grayson as NW has run its course considering all the story lines got. Basically Grayson there was more potential for stories and still gives him a team like people want. This means that Tim Drake doesn't have to be Red Robin (horrible name) or Robin (especially since Damian is better) and allows him to be a detective.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
    What I would do:

After coming back to terms of who he is, Dick Grayson decides to give up on Nightwing and go back to Spyral. He becomes the Ethan Hunt of the DCverse joined alongside Arrowette (Why not?) and Tiger. He goes around the world and his stationed in London, England.

Tim Drake takes the mantle and becomes the new Nightwing and basically goes around America to solve a mystery like a detective (idk about the mystery)

Before anyone wonders why I decided to give Timmy the mantle. I think Dick Grayson as NW has run its course considering all the story lines got. Basically Grayson there was more potential for stories and still gives him a team like people want. This means that Tim Drake doesn't have to be Red Robin (horrible name) or Robin (especially since Damian is better) and allows him to be a detective.
    I'm all for spyral but I don't believe dick as nightwing has run its course. I believe nightwing protector of bludhevan/batman-lite have run its course but not nightwing it self. YJ nightwing proves that.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    I'm all for spyral but I don't believe dick as nightwing has run its course. I believe nightwing protector of bludhevan/batman-lite have run its course but not nightwing it self. YJ nightwing proves that.
    I do think that Dick Grayson is bigger than Nightwing though. Dick would be alright without the Nightwing name. I'm not sure that Nightwing would be alright without Dick Grayson though.

Nightwing is still easier to brand and market.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-20-2019 at 10:56 AM.

I'd much rather Dick retain the Nightwing name. I don't think divorcing him from it would do him or the mantle any good.

And it makes little sense for Tim to take it up, in my opinion. He used to be really close with Dick and they had a great brotherly relationship but that name belongs to Krypton. Dick used it because of his ties to Uncle Clark, and Tim just doesn't have the justification. He's BFF's with Conner, but that's a damn tenuous tie, especially considering Conner's not from Krypton and has zero claim on the culture.

But if someone else is going to take up the Nightwing name I'd rather it go to a Kryptonian. I'm perfectly happy with Dick using the name indefinitely but if someone else picks it up it should go back to the Super side of the DCU where it originated.

~ Black Panther.