Page 53 of 67 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    I think that Dick having a kid, a story like Mister Miracle, would be a magnificent development for a character who most represents personal growth in the DCU. But that would be a leap for Dick's character as big as the leap from Robin to Nightwing. There's no going backing from that. So I wouldn't want to do it until we reach a point where there are no more stories to be told of Dick as the upcoming young adult with freedom and adventure. And I really don't think that he's reached his potential here yet. So I would hold off for a long while.
    Dick is the only one of the original Titans to not have a kid. It's crazy to me that they have all had families that died and Bruce or Dick can't make that same leap. It's like they know it's only going to bring pain because the higher ups would butcher the idea.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Dick is the only one of the original Titans to not have a kid. It's crazy to me that they have all had families that died and Bruce or Dick can't make that same leap. It's like they know it's only going to bring pain because the higher ups would butcher the idea.
    Exactly. Even considering they all failed and their kids died because they were too young, Dick has been though a lot and way passed that young age. The fear of breaking out of the norm is what holds Dick back and killed Nightwing. Nightwing should be anything but that.

Re: DaddyDick

I still don't think I'd much like this direction. At least not with out a TON of time building to it. I really don't see Dick adopting someone. Taking him under his wing, sure, but becoming sole provider? Maybe I could see that from DickBat era Dick, but even then I'm not sure. There's nothing repugnant about the idea, I just think it would be a strange direction for the character.

Re: Implications that not wanting Dick to adopt a kid is akin to limiting the character

That's pretty off base and unappreciated.

Re: A brief mention of DickxKori Space Adventures

Damn I wish that had happened.
    Last edited by dropkickjake; 03-29-2019 at 07:26 AM.

Astonishing Member

Considering how DC treated the children of the other Titans(all of them dead or no longer existing), Dick not having kids in the mainline universe might be a good thing. I would love to see Mari Grayson outside of an elseworld story, but I have a sneaking suspicion that DC would just kill her off or something.

Extraordinary Member

they dont want to make bruce an actual grandpa
    him having a 10 year old son after raising one boy for 16 years already pushed it lol

BANNED

Let Dick be foot-loose and fancy-free.

Fantastic Member

Dick having a child would be just like him with younger brothers except the awareness that the child is his and his alone. He isn’t someone who has a existential crisis and change over having and not having a child like Bruce, nor has such a power imbalance nor a need to control it. He would come to realize after all these years, he can’t live normally after all, and respect his kid like an equal.
    I don’t think itd be too much a leap. It would be just like him going from Batman to the Teen titans (not even NTT) , or him settling down in Bludhaven, and it’s not like to him a never seen before direction, if the child is from the CoO. Nightwing has always taken great leaps
    Last edited by nhienphan2808; 03-31-2019 at 06:07 AM.

Fantastic Member

As pissed as I am that the starfire plans was trashed, I understand why it was. As of NTT they are all young and insecure. Dick hadnt fully grown into that life yet, I have a feeling he owed Bruce too much to really leave him. If Dick had married at that time his family would have suffered the same thing Donna, Garth or Roy’s had, even if there had been no unnecessary drama happening.
    But 27 year old already Batman Dick is not that. He’s done his responsibility, his duty to his family. He’s older and matured and mellowed out. He’s raised a bunch of kids, including his wayward friends. He had everything to make it work.

BANNED

Dick is very adaptable; he can make anything work. Except Ric.

Ric could have at least maybe been something decent if anyone actually tried.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-31-2019 at 05:23 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    We're asking too much on that one, old friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Yeah, conceptually I have nothing against the idea of Dick losing his memory and building a new life. I mean, what hero hasn't gone through a period where they get seriously injured and/or turn their back on the mission. But nothing I've seen or heard gives me any reason to think this is worth picking up.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Yeah, conceptually I have nothing against the idea of Dick losing his memory and building a new life. I mean, what hero hasn't gone through a period where they get seriously injured and/or turn their back on the mission. But nothing I've seen or heard gives me any reason to think this is worth picking up.
    Exactly. Like say, if Dick, er, "Ric" had built himself a new yet stable life. A decent day job, a happy love life, yet staying out of the vigilante business.

In that sort of situation, I could see Bruce and the others keeping an eye on him, yet keeping their distance. He's not putting himself in danger and what not in such a scenario, after all.

But the pretty self-destructive path he's been on since, makes zero sense for their efforts to have accumulated with Babs' one attempt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Exactly. Like say, if Dick, er, "Ric" had built himself a new yet stable life. A decent day job, a happy love life, yet staying out of the vigilante business.

In that sort of situation, I could see Bruce and the others keeping an eye on him, yet keeping their distance. He's not putting himself in danger and what not in such a scenario, after all.

But the pretty self-destructive path he's been on since, makes zero sense for their efforts to have accumulated with Babs' one attempt.
    If Dick forgot everything since his parents died, how comes he knows how to drive a cab? Maybe he was also a hard-drinkin' circus kid, too, to be such a lush.

Right, Ric should have no actual adult life experience then if thats the case.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 04-02-2019 at 07:24 PM.