Page 54 of 67 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    If Dick forgot everything since his parents died, how comes he knows how to drive a cab?
    Different type of memory. Driving would be in part muscle memory.

It would be more realistic if he had to re-learn to walk and talk, and all that sort of thing - but it wouldn't make for a compelling superhero comic, probably.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post

It would be more realistic if he had to re-learn to walk and talk, and all that sort of thing - but it wouldn't make for a compelling superhero comic, probably.
    Drinking all that booze must be beer belly memory. Damn little urchin.

Incredible Member

always felt like Dick Grayson what's the perfect candidate to train and inspire the new generation of teen Heroes. Since it seems like the DC heroes don't really train the Next Generation It can be a special niche for Nightwing to have. It also seems like he would be the perfect person to deal with kids.

BANNED

When I discovered Dick Grayson when I was aged 4, I thought he'd be the perfect big brother. Now over 60 years later, Dick is like my my favorite great-grandchild.

Actual struggle and character growth does make for bad storytelling.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

BANNED

And what we're getting now does make for a compelling superhero comic? I'd rather see Dick learn how to walk again. Actually, I think it's be interesting if Hugo Strange did the brain surgery and has that chunk of Dick's brain in a jar somewhere that he could stick back in there.

Fantastic Member

Ric is just another version of that issue where Bruce wants to take revenge on supermAn and throws heroism out of the window and to make sure Dick shuts up about it erased his memory and left him homeless wandering. What’s more disgusting is it’s being treated like a joke as much as the meme of Bruce slapping him which was from that issue. What’s even more disgusting is instead of Bruce now it’s the whole of dc editorial wanting dick to shut up about his rich history.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Actual struggle and character growth does make for bad storytelling.
    Well, it can be done well (they had a character in a tv show called Counterpart, who woke from a coma, re-learning words and how to read), but they'd have to put the effort in, which they evidently didn't want to.

Well, it can be done well (they had a character in a tv show called Counterpart, who woke from a coma, re-learning words and how to read), but they'd have to put the effort in, which they evidently didn't want to.
    Of course they won't put any effort in, because it's not a story. It's Filler. Filler for batman's story were they needed nightwing off the board.

Thing's like this is why I want nightwing out from under batman and more dcu. Batman has more than enough sidekick, nightwing should not be one of them. Dick should be way past that, he needs to be out in the dcu making his own way.

That's the big issue with modern DC. No one wants to put the effort into their stories and just expect fans to support regardless of quality.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Extraordinary Member

What do you expect, when the 1st writer apparently dislikes the new direction somuch that he quite after the first issue, and than a second writer is brought in in the last minute who also needs to get co-writer to keep up with the bimonthly publishing schedule ...

I might have got something better, if this whole thing was actually the idea of the guys who had to write it, and they had had the time to think it through.

It’s just lazy bad creative ideas. Ric would have been far more interesting if he couldn’t do what Dick could do, and so instead had to figure **** out in other ways and develop his own set of abilities and skills. But no, instead he has bullcrap “muscle memory” powers to bail him out of every situation. It’s so dumb, so lazy and uncreative. And still those creators had the nerve to throw things back at us and say if only you gave Ric a chance. What hacks.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 04-03-2019 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    It’s just lazy bad creative ideas. Ric would have been far more interesting if he couldn’t do what Dick could do, and so instead had to figure **** out in other ways and develop his own set of abilities and skills. But no, instead he has bullcrap “muscle memory” powers to bail him out of every situation. It’s so dumb, so lazy and uncreative. And still those creators had the nerve to throw things back at us and say if only you gave Ric a chance. What hacks.
    They could do a better version of the muscle memory stuff by having Ric take advantage of these abilities that he hasn't earned. Have Ric be completely irresponsible like Spider-Man before Uncle Ben gets shot. You have Ric still doing all the dumb annoying stuff (cut out the Nightwings, MAYBE have one running around) but have Dick still in there. He's ever present trapped in his own body kinda thing. Dick being the angel on the shoulder while Ric is the devil that drives this poor damaged man around Bludhaven.

Or even better yet just had an idea as I was done typing this. Pull a Jekyll & Hyde or in this case Dick & Ric where you have the two personalities at odds with one another fighting for dominance. All the while a strange new Nightwing is running around. This would be a mix of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde (1931 film version), Memento, and the TNBA episode Judgement Day featuring The Judge. The Nightwing running around would be revealed to be Dick where his two extremes of both personalities are in harmony/balance.

So, I feel like we're getting kinda off course here. This thread is for pitching new directions but it seems like we're mostly just complaining about Ric.

Let's do something a little different, and pitch really bad directions that *aren't* Ric.

Like Dick becoming the nanny for the really small kids in the DCU.....kids like Animal Man's daughter or maybe Jon Kent (before he got aged up anyway).

Or Nightwing becomes the new Spectre.

Or Dick becomes a Talon, but retains his independence so now he's a zombie vigilante, and he starts hunting down the supernatural threats around Gotham and starts living in Slaughter Swamp.

Or Nightwing finds out a Daxamite from the 31st century came back in time and was secretly his dad, and Dick unlocks his hidden Daxamite powers and goes to live with the Legion.

Wait.....*does* DC read these threads? I dont wanna give them ideas!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

How dare you call Zombie Nightwing a bad idea