Page 55 of 67 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    So, I feel like we're getting kinda off course here. This thread is for pitching new directions but it seems like we're mostly just complaining about Ric.

Let's do something a little different, and pitch really bad directions that *aren't* Ric.

Like Dick becoming the nanny for the really small kids in the DCU.....kids like Animal Man's daughter or maybe Jon Kent (before he got aged up anyway).

Or Nightwing becomes the new Spectre.

Or Dick becomes a Talon, but retains his independence so now he's a zombie vigilante, and he starts hunting down the supernatural threats around Gotham and starts living in Slaughter Swamp.

Or Nightwing finds out a Daxamite from the 31st century came back in time and was secretly his dad, and Dick unlocks his hidden Daxamite powers and goes to live with the Legion.

Wait.....*does* DC read these threads? I dont wanna give them ideas!
    I would love to see an Adventures in Babysitting style mini where Dick has to take care of a bunch of super powered kids.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I would love to see an Adventures in Babysitting style mini where Dick has to take care of a bunch of super powered kids.
    Tsk tsk. You should know that anything fun and lighthearted has no room in DC. Especially concerning any of the Bats.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    That's the big issue with modern DC. No one wants to put the effort into their stories and just expect fans to support regardless of quality.
    They may not wanna do the work, but they sure wanna cash them paychecks. Dayum!

So, I feel like we're getting kinda off course here. This thread is for pitching new directions but it seems like we're mostly just complaining about Ric.

Let's do something a little different, and pitch really bad directions that *aren't* Ric.

Like Dick becoming the nanny for the really small kids in the DCU.....kids like Animal Man's daughter or maybe Jon Kent (before he got aged up anyway).

Or Nightwing becomes the new Spectre.

Or Dick becomes a Talon, but retains his independence so now he's a zombie vigilante, and he starts hunting down the supernatural threats around Gotham and starts living in Slaughter Swamp.

Or Nightwing finds out a Daxamite from the 31st century came back in time and was secretly his dad, and Dick unlocks his hidden Daxamite powers and goes to live with the Legion.

Wait.....*does* DC read these threads? I dont wanna give them ideas!
    Go for broke here and the two best ideas from this lot: Undead swamp living Talon whose job is nannying all the superhero's kids.

Its so bad its good. Maybe its just so good its good.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    How dare you call Zombie Nightwing a bad idea
    Man.....I hate myself but I do kinda like the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    Go for broke here and the two best ideas from this lot: Undead swamp living Talon whose job is nannying all the superhero's kids.

Its so bad its good. Maybe its just so good its good.
    WTF. That's so weird its beautiful.

Can we make the The Bride the new love interest? Would make for a good rivalry with Frankie (who's also connected to SHADE and DC's spy groups).
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

It'd be weird AF, but I'd read it. There is actually something beautiful about zombieTalon dick becoming a babysitter. Grasping at his own humanity perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    It'd be weird AF, but I'd read it. There is actually something beautiful about zombieTalon dick becoming a babysitter. Grasping at his own humanity perhaps?
    Or maybe zombieDick just likes veal?

Huh?

Huh???

"We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Or maybe zombieDick just likes veal?

Huh?

Huh???

Heel turn of the century, that. Eats a kid at the end of the first issue.

BANNED

How could we tell the difference between Zombie Dick and Our Beloved Ric?

He would be Talon pale.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    He would be Talon pale.
    I think Dick should be in charge of all the Talons and try to help them.

And I think Ric should die, and Bruce in mad grief has Dick’s body under go the Talon process to bring him back as a Zombie Nightwing.

Incredible Member

The Name -- Just refer to him as Grayson... his name is Richard Grayson, but everyone calls him Grayson. His parents called him Dick. His school bullies called him Richie after he was fostered by Bruce Wayne. But his friends call him Grayson.

The Motivation -- The name "Robin" is an homage to Robin Hood, a hero who stole from the rich to give to the poor. This was basically Grayson subtweeting Bruce Wayne; in fact, Bruce wasn't much of a "philanthropist" and the Wayne Foundation didn't exist until Grayson pushed him to... then when Grayson-Robin began feeling underappreciated by his mentor, he struck out on his own to hang out with his Teen Titans friends. How insulting then that "Robin" -- his creation -- was given to another without his permission. (Kind of like how comic book creators don't ever actually "own" their creations). Grayson returns to his roots - why do I do this? Because, basically, he has the ability and the training, and he doesn't want what happened to him to happen to others. He remembers feeling like Superman as an acrobat, and after a heart-to-heart with Clark Kent and learning the Kryptonian legend, he names himself "Nightwing." Nightwing should be the Spider-Man of the DCU. His friends are in every corner of the universe. He has money troubles because he rejects money; greed is what killed his parents... racketeers, mobsters. The elite.

The Villains -- I think Nightwing's big bad mastermind should be Lex Luthor, and his big bad physical threat is Deathstroke. Lex and Slade work together to take control of different black market sectors, and Nightwing is on the case.

Love Life -- It's time to really play up the "Starfire or Batgirl?" angle... Grayson is friends with both, and has romantic feelings for both. And just like Nightwing is the blend of Batman & Superman, these two women represent that... the cosmic Kori, and the grounded Barbara.

Hire me!

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    How could we tell the difference between Zombie Dick and Our Beloved Ric?
    Zombie Dick would begin doing the Thriller Dance. Ric would be to busy trying to steal Jason's thing of trying to be the Black Sheep.

BANNED

I think the whole Bar-Family EXCEPT Dick should become talon-zombies.