Page 8 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Ever since Seeley brought up the multiverse in Nightwing I've wanted Dick to explore it.
    Hey, I would LOVE that! Adventuring or exploring suits him well.

Ever since Seeley brought up the multiverse in Nightwing I've wanted Dick to explore it.
    That'd be interesting. I'm all for Dick going on big crazy sci-fi adventures more fitting for a Super than a Bat, but I gotta admit I didn't imagine taking him quite that far. How would you do it?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    That'd be interesting. I'm all for Dick going on big crazy sci-fi adventures more fitting for a Super than a Bat, but I gotta admit I didn't imagine taking him quite that far. How would you do it?
    We could always have Lil' Damian abducted (yet again) and dragged into the Multiverse so Dick is hopping around on a crazy spaceship to rescue his baby brother.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    Dick's romantic relationships with Lori Elton and Jennifer Anne got retconned away too.
    Who was Jennifer Anne?

The difference is also, that Bette is still around, while Lori hasn't appeared in the last 40 years.
    Last edited by Aahz; 11-20-2018 at 11:41 PM.

I wrote the pitch a while back on, not sure which thread. (it might be in Dick's appreciation thread) The short version is basically a Dick/Wally team-up book about the two being lost in the multiverse. Kinda in the same vain of Marvel's Exiles series mixed with Lost in Space.

EDIT: I'm searching all over but I can't find it. I'll repost it when I do.
    Last edited by byrd156; 11-21-2018 at 12:14 AM.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Who was Jennifer Anne?

The difference is also, that Bette is still around, while Lori hasn't appeared in the last 40 years.
    Jennifer Anne was Dick's 2nd girlfriend that was a fellow Hudson University student
    Dick got together with her after Batman Family comic series ended
    It was after Lori broke up with Dick to be with another guy
    She was in only 6 Detective Comics issues

she was dropped as a love interest when The New Teen Titans started

March 1980:
    Detective Comics (1937) #488

May 1980:
    Detective Comics (1937) #490

July 1980:
    Detective Comics (1937) #492

August 1980:
    Detective Comics (1937) #493

September 1980:
    Detective Comics (1937) #494

October 1980:
    Detective Comics (1937) #495
    Last edited by Starrius; 11-21-2018 at 12:04 AM.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Finally found the post, it was over in the DC aspiring writers thread. I'll copy it below.

A revamped version of the Brave & the Bold following Dick Grayson and Wally West teaming up with different heroes and villains across the multiverse. This was an idea I had way back before Wally was back and was thinking of a way to get Wally back and not get in the way with Barry.

The main story thread would feature Wally trying to fix everything Barry broke with Flashpoint. Breaking out of the Speed Force Wally would have survived Flashpoint unscathed and see all the changes to his world. He would confront Barry about it kinda like Flash War is doing right now and come to blows about the ordeal. Wally realizing he has nothing left would find Dick and explain the situation to him, all the while Wally is kinda fading in and out like Marty from Back to the Future and causing cracks in reality. He can't stay in this world for too long otherwise he will cease to exist. Dick won't agree to go with him but they both end up falling through a crack. Ending up on some random alternate Earth the duo needs to work together to get back to their respective homes. Dick and Wally would travel to a bunch of crazy worlds and team up with classic versions of heroes and villains, weird/alternate futures and pasts, etc. A lot of dimension hoping, time travel, crazy heroes & villains. Basically a return to form of the Silver Age all in one book with an overarching story that can tie back into the main DCU. Each issue and arc would bring in new worlds and scenarios but keep the character work between Dick, Wally and whoever gets brought along for the ride.

It satisfies DC's weird obsession with keeping Wally and Dick away. While giving fans a series that features them prominently. It could spin off Elseworld tales, have crazy weird stories, a lot of deep character work, introduce new and original characters or redesigns, etc. This is a book idea that I think has so much potential and want to start working on it right away.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Finally found the post, it was over in the DC aspiring writers thread. I'll copy it below.

It satisfies DC's weird obsession with keeping Wally and Dick away. While giving fans a series that features them prominently. It could spin off Elseworld tales, have crazy weird stories, a lot of deep character work, introduce new and original characters or redesigns, etc. This is a book idea that I think has so much potential and want to start working on it right away.
    Ah, not bad. I like it. A little bit "Sliders" in the mix there too. I also had thoughts of putting Wally into the multiverse, though with Justice Incarnate. But I got one question for you; if this is proper Wally, how is he managing to be lost in the multiverse? Wally had figured out how to navigate those waters with.....maybe not a *great* amount of skill, but enough to reliably get himself (and Dick) back home. Even if Wally couldn't remain on the main earth (shades of Walter there, I like it) he'd still want to make sure Dick got back. Is it the whole "Linda is my lightning rod, and without her I can't find the way" thing? That would make sense, as far as anything with the speed force makes sense.

As capable as Dick is, this is well beyond his usual realm of expertise. Did you have any plans on tackling that? And thanks for sharing the idea! I like it!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

A revamped version of the Brave & the Bold following Dick Grayson and Wally West teaming up with different heroes and villains across the multiverse. This was an idea I had way back before Wally was back and was thinking of a way to get Wally back and not get in the way with Barry.

The main story thread would feature Wally trying to fix everything Barry broke with Flashpoint. Breaking out of the Speed Force Wally would have survived Flashpoint unscathed and see all the changes to his world. He would confront Barry about it kinda like Flash War is doing right now and come to blows about the ordeal. Wally realizing he has nothing left would find Dick and explain the situation to him, all the while Wally is kinda fading in and out like Marty from Back to the Future and causing cracks in reality. He can't stay in this world for too long otherwise he will cease to exist. Dick won't agree to go with him but they both end up falling through a crack. Ending up on some random alternate Earth the duo needs to work together to get back to their respective homes. Dick and Wally would travel to a bunch of crazy worlds and team up with classic versions of heroes and villains, weird/alternate futures and pasts, etc. A lot of dimension hoping, time travel, crazy heroes & villains. Basically a return to form of the Silver Age all in one book with an overarching story that can tie back into the main DCU. Each issue and arc would bring in new worlds and scenarios but keep the character work between Dick, Wally and whoever gets brought along for the ride.

I think it's a very interesting idea. Some of you who have such great ideas really should try pitching them. I've heard it's hard to get into "the industry" and takes a long time and a thick skin, but if you're young and have that ambition, go for it before you get married and have a family.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I think it's a very interesting idea. Some of you who have such great ideas really should try pitching them. I've heard it's hard to get into "the industry" and takes a long time and a thick skin, but if you're young and have that ambition, go for it before you get married and have a family.
    DC doesn't accept submissions. What one would have to do is pitch to Image or one of the other indies, get published, and then be successful enough to get the attention of the Big 2 publishers. Image is actually very, very easy to pitch to, as long as you've got a full creative team already established. They want actual pages for submissions, from the actual artist, so you've gotta do a lot of leg work on your own before you can even send it to them. But it's actually not a difficult process at all, as long as you've already got the artist locked down.

This refusal by the Big 2 to bring in fresh talent is likely one of the reasons the industry isn't growing, but that's another topic entirely. Just one more example of why I question DC's decisions, despite the fact that Im just a dude at a keyboard and they're the professionals.

I considered trying to get into comics when I was younger. That's the only thing I wanted to do, up into my first year in college. Even got accepted to the Kubert school in Jersey (and was interviewed by Kubert himself, which was....intimidating). Then sh*t happened and I put the pencil (and the dream) down. Now I study business and marketing, and plan on opening my own company. Easier to build an entire publisher from scratch than get my hands on Nightwing. Plus I loathe the distribution system and have my own ideas for that. Who wants to get into the sinking ship that is the direct market?

~ Black Panther.

Ah, not bad. I like it. A little bit "Sliders" in the mix there too. I also had thoughts of putting Wally into the multiverse, though with Justice Incarnate. But I got one question for you; if this is proper Wally, how is he managing to be lost in the multiverse? Wally had figured out how to navigate those waters with.....maybe not a *great* amount of skill, but enough to reliably get himself (and Dick) back home. Even if Wally couldn't remain on the main earth (shades of Walter there, I like it) he'd still want to make sure Dick got back. Is it the whole "Linda is my lightning rod, and without her I can't find the way" thing? That would make sense, as far as anything with the speed force makes sense.

As capable as Dick is, this is well beyond his usual realm of expertise. Did you have any plans on tackling that? And thanks for sharing the idea! I like it!
    One major thing I would really want to focus on is that this is Dick and Wally but they aren't each other's Dick or Wally. They know each other but it's kinda like that issue of Nightwing where Pre-Flashpoint Superman meets Dick. They reminisce and talk about the different version they knew all the while bond over their adventure. As much as I hate the reboot I think following the universe/bad stories is one way to actually give readers a reason to come back and read those stories. It also helps build a more solid continuity. I hate just wiping away stories or dumb ideas, you can always turn them into something better down the line.

Wally following his Lighting Rod is basically their compass but due to Flashpoint he doesn't know the route to get there just the "direction" so to speak. They would travel through all manners of portals, on cosmic treadmills, you name it. Flashpoint and possibly Dr. Mahatten would be the main reason Wally isn't at 100% when it comes to traveling universes. Plus you could also argue that they need to stop and rest in different universes since it takes a lot out of him. At the start of the series Dick and Wally will be friendly but kinda at odds since Dick wants to get back to his world, the two bonding and becoming a more focused duo would be the main focus of the first arc character-wise.

Also at one point I would have to recreate the scene where Dick and Wally listen to White Snake as they head to Louisiana but with something really wacky like driving a convertible through space or something weird. But on a more serious note Dick's main arc across this story is to become more like his pre-flashpoint self, a more confident leader, tactician, and open him up to worlds beyond Bruce. Dick in the current universe is pretty much a pushover who questions himself too much and follows Bruce's every order also he isn't as connected to his Titans friends. (at least under Abnett's pen) This would be a story focusing on rediscovery through a psychedelic and dangerous trail by fire. Maybe Dick and Wally make it to a universe where their counterparts are still sidekicks so they can see how they used to be or they head to a dystopian future where the Atomic Knights need their help fighting the Black Baron or they find the perfect world for themselves a Linda is there that is pretty damn close. A universe that lulls them into a false sense of safety and comfort. Each world would test them whether physically, psychologically, emotionally, and every other test you can think of. You have the multiverse at your fingertips, there is just too many ideas and I don't know why there isn't something like it. Multiversity is a big inspiration for this idea.

BANNED

DC doesn't accept submissions. What one would have to do is pitch to Image or one of the other indies, get published, and then be successful enough to get the attention of the Big 2 publishers. Image is actually very, very easy to pitch to, as long as you've got a full creative team already established. They want actual pages for submissions, from the actual artist, so you've gotta do a lot of leg work on your own before you can even send it to them. But it's actually not a difficult process at all, as long as you've already got the artist locked down.

This refusal by the Big 2 to bring in fresh talent is likely one of the reasons the industry isn't growing, but that's another topic entirely. Just one more example of why I question DC's decisions, despite the fact that Im just a dude at a keyboard and they're the professionals.

I considered trying to get into comics when I was younger. That's the only thing I wanted to do, up into my first year in college. Even got accepted to the Kubert school in Jersey (and was interviewed by Kubert himself, which was....intimidating). Then sh*t happened and I put the pencil (and the dream) down. Now I study business and marketing, and plan on opening my own company. Easier to build an entire publisher from scratch than get my hands on Nightwing. Plus I loathe the distribution system and have my own ideas for that. Who wants to get into the sinking ship that is the direct market?
    Interviewed by Joe Kubert himself? That WOULD be intimidating--like wanting a chef job with Gordon Ramsay. Best of luck in business and marketing studies--that stuff is HARD!!!! It's nearly time for my retirement, but I still remember how much work college, internship, and getting started were. I'd really love it if some of you young creative dudes here could get together and find your ways into "the industry"; even Didio himself had to start from somewhere. It needs some new blood, and these beloved characters need some TLC from somebody who isn't circling around the writers' block drain.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Interviewed by Joe Kubert himself? That WOULD be intimidating--like wanting a chef job with Gordon Ramsay.
    It was a very intense day. But he was the nicest guy you could imagine, really knew his stuff (I mean, obvs).....it was amazing. Shame the school was so expensive, I would've liked to have attended there. >shrug<

Best of luck in business and marketing studies--that stuff is HARD!!!! It's nearly time for my retirement, but I still remember how much work college, internship, and getting started were. I'd really love it if some of you young creative dudes here could get together and find your ways into "the industry"; even Didio himself had to start from somewhere. It needs some new blood, and these beloved characters need some TLC from somebody who isn't circling around the writers' block drain.
    Eh, the accounting is hard. Math is dumb and I am not good at it. But the marketing and business theory? Oh, that's easy. And thanks! I'm still about a year from launching the company but when it's ready ya'll will hear about it here.

~ Black Panther.

Thats an excellent idea!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

BANNED

It was a very intense day. But he was the nicest guy you could imagine, really knew his stuff (I mean, obvs).....it was amazing. Shame the school was so expensive, I would've liked to have attended there. >shrug<

Eh, the accounting is hard. Math is dumb and I am not good at it. But the marketing and business theory? Oh, that's easy. And thanks! I'm still about a year from launching the company but when it's ready ya'll will hear about it here.
    Yeah, keep us posted. I wish you all the luck in the world, and someday I hope to see forum members in the same position Dan Didio is in!