Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default Red Hood: Outlaw #28

Red Hood: Outlaw #28

https://comicsverse.com/exclusive-pr...ood-outlaw-28/

Welcome to the Underlife, Jason Todd-you probably won't survive! Banished from Gotham City and estranged from the Outlaws, Red Hood takes up residence in Appleton, a would-be American town that's a secret haven for the criminal operators. When RH gets his hands on a crowbar and starts handing out some bloody justice, it really stirs up the hornet's nest. And when a new Underlife member is introduced, Jason's gonna get stung by the trouble he caused.
    Last edited by Sonia; 11-12-2018 at 08:25 PM.
    Out of all the Robins, Jason Todd is my favourite

Quote Originally Posted by Sonia View Post
    Ah ha ha ha ha.

Ok, this sense of humour just clicks the right keys on me. That second page was very funny.

Good to see that the fake Wingman plot is longer than a pair of issues.

Also, the new colourist is good. I like it, even if it's a bit different than Woods' use of colour. More saturating the whole spectrum of colours.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Well, I wasn't expecting Wingman so soon.

Anyone ever play Saints Row 4? Because right from the start, Appleton gave me the feel of the simulated 50s town in that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Anyone ever play Saints Row 4? Because right from the start, Appleton gave me the feel of the simulated 50s town in that game.
    It was an american version of the Hot Fuzz town for me. I will die if the evil mastermind looks like Timothy Dalton. Or like the neightbourhood in The
    Good Place, too.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 11-12-2018 at 08:29 PM.

Ha, this is a good preview. Love the comedic timing. Love how out of his element Jason is in such a colorful setting. And the glass panel just looks brilliant.

Is that a new jacket again? How many red jackets does this guy have? Is Woods not going to let any of his initial designs go to waste? :P
    Last edited by G-Potion; 11-12-2018 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    Ha, this is a good preview. Love the comedic timing. Love how out of his element Jason is in such a colorful setting. And the glass panel just looks brilliant.

Is that a new jacket again? How many red jackets does this guy have? Is Woods not going to let any of his initial designs go to waste? :P
    Sometimes artists are too clever. It could be the case, who knows. So far, at least it looks like Woods likes his characters changing daily (monthly) their clothing like people does. But... Who knows. Maybe that's his master plan XD.

This reminds me of how David Aja and the other creatives behind Immortal Iron Fist discretely changed Danny's costume design, despite people not being fond of the idea at the start. I recall hearing that story in some 'con here where I live: it was a simple but clever move.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Nice preview.

I'm not surprised that the sheriff is still alive. But Jason seems to like to aim at people's right eye. (But so does Bruce - like father, like son... Too soon?)
    The "get well soon" gifts make me believe that the public still does not know that he worked for a criminal organization.
    On the other hand, I have the feeling that Wingman killed that guy off-panel. And if he really did, will people think that the culprit is the Red Hood?
    (I actually like the idea of Red Hood having the image of being a bad guy. Jason doesn't care about his reputation and being considered a criminal opens doors to places where others can't go. Like in the Black Mask arc.)
    I could have done without the "subplot" mention. I know it's supposed to be funny but it's not my kind of humor.

Interesting... Jason learns that Roy is dead - and in the next issue he's wearing a trucker hat. Coincidence? Maybe. Or maybe not.

I really don't trust that town. I'm already a little bit paranoid. Every citizen could be a member of Underlife. Maybe the whole city IS Underlife and everyone is acting so that travelers like Jason don't get suspicious.
    That would explain why there are no kids on the fair. Or it's artistic freedom. But the clown already creeps me out. Never trust a clown in the DC universe.

I wonder if Jason really swallowed that piece of pie or if he suspects it to be poisoned. And I can't decide if this woman's smile was genuine or evil.
    At least I think there is a reason why he turned away when he drank the cider. Probably to have a closer look if it's poisoned without the old couple noticing. And then faking a sip.
    Last edited by Sergard; 11-13-2018 at 11:15 AM.

Comedy is on point. SOmeone compared this to Hot Fuzz and I love it.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Jason’s vacation in the country sure didn’t last long

Read it. Fun and full of action issue.

Really loving Jason's attitude so far and how he isn't dark or gloomy just because he is on his own like Lobdell promised.

Lots of action in this one, pretty much non stop. Not much to say beyond, damn, Jason is pretty strong. Its great to see Woods art now that he can dedicate more time to it, I see a definate improvement in the linework and inking, it looks much cleaner to me. spoilers:
    Also this town is pretty dramatic aren't they? Almost as much as Jason They dressed him up just to prove they had 'the Hood' (I'm assuming) and make an example of him by crucifixion.
    end of spoilers

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Altogether I liked the issue. I'll write more later.
    And for all fans of Batwoman: Batwoman already appears in this issue at the end. And I think she looks pretty badass.
    I'm a little confused about the things that were mentioned for the current story arc. Especially:
    spoilers:
    Where's the crowbar? It was part of the new design. It was mentioned in the solicitation for issue 28 and you can even see two scabbards on Jason's back in this issue in one panel - although Woods is a little inconsistent here since there are more panels without them.
    end of spoilers

Fun issue. This solo direction makes fight scenes much more enjoyable now as whether Jason wins or loses, he sure puts up a good fight. I can also see what Woods meant when he wrote that tweet about hitting his stride with #28. Plus with a new colorist, everything looks much more polished now. Though, I'm kinda amused that RH looks pink while BW is still red in the same panels.

I like Jason's not-so-friendly tone with BW, this guy sure holds a grudge. His line about not going back to Gotham with Batman sounds a bit odd to me though. Not like he was given a choice? That said, I like this decision to get BW in early. Smart way to avoid the usual "fight first team up later" format for next issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    spoilers:
    Where's the crowbar? It was part of the new design. It was mentioned in the solicitation for issue 28 and you can even see two scabbards on Jason's back in this issue in one panel - although Woods is a little inconsistent here since there are more panels without them.
    end of spoilers
    I guess since he was dressed by the town people, they wisely left the weapons out. Last issues he still had both in his bag.