Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    You know, when you think about it, there's a LOT of characters that fit that. Particularly amongst the female portion. Not saying its a bad thing, but still.
    Yeah true, for a second my mind blanked and I thought of Babs instead of Artemis.
    Speaking of, I wonder when we'll get to see the Arty and Biz sub plot again.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Kori too.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Yeah true, for a second my mind blanked and I thought of Babs instead of Artemis.

Kori's off in space in Justice League Odyssey. With Cyborg, Jessica Cruz, Azrael (not sure why he's there) and Darkseid, of all people.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

When I saw this issue was 35 pages long I thought we were gonna see them again tbh

Seeing it was just a teaser of a different comic was so disappointing

Kori's off in space in Justice League Odyssey. With Cyborg, Jessica Cruz, Azrael (not sure why he's there) and Darkseid, of all people.
    Whoops sorry, I was mentioning Kori in regards to her ALSO being a strong bad ass red head, lol I know where she is. JLO has been pretty good so far, but that's also helped by the beautiful art from Stjepan Sejic, that guys work is gorgeous, though even he might be leaving the series soon. He seems to be only doing covers for issue #3 onward.

I wonder if he could ever do an issue for rhato one day.

BANNED

Whoops sorry, I was mentioning Kori in regards to her ALSO being a strong bad ass red head, lol I know where she is. JLO has been pretty good so far, but that's also helped by the beautiful art from Stjepan Sejic, that guys work is gorgeous, though even he might be leaving the series soon. He seems to be only doing covers for issue #3 onward.

I wonder if he could ever do an issue for rhato one day.
    The regular artist on RHATO is great, and he's been consistent.

Regular artists also need holidays \o/. A fill in will happen most probably in four or five issues, I think. It's a guess, but I think I'm not too wrong.

Fantastic Member

"Hood."
    "...Woman."

That was a good line. Think Jason would have said "Bat" if Kate had said "Red"?
    I never realized I needed or wanted all the Family to troll Bruce like this until now. I really want everyone to start mocking the idiotic "Bat" "Cat" dialogue by referring to every Bat as "Bat". Every Red as "Red" and Nightwing and Robin as "Wing" and "Bird." It's so normal and mundane, especially if you are dealing with someone who got dumped by someone else you weren't thrilled about them dating but were supportive anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Cyclist View Post
    I never realized I needed or wanted all the Family to troll Bruce like this until now. I really want everyone to start mocking the idiotic "Bat" "Cat" dialogue by referring to every Bat as "Bat".
    Ha, that would be pretty funny indeed.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

When Jason kicks the table, there is a box revealed with "Apple butter, tags and ammo" written on it.

And the woman with the bat hits Jason exactly in the spot where Jason was hurt in issue 26 by some random goon.

I wish that we could have seen more of Appleton and it's residents before they started their little witch hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    I wish that we could have seen more of Appleton and it's residents before they started their little witch hunt.
    Me too. I wonder how he's going to investigate anything there now. Go full ninja or beat the whole town up?

Also nice catch on the injury. This Jason is more brutal but at the same time seems to take more damage. Would be interesting if it's intentional.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    Me too. I wonder how he's going to investigate anything there now. Go full ninja or beat the whole town up?

Also nice catch on the injury. This Jason is more brutal but at the same time seems to take more damage. Would be interesting if it's intentional.
    Didn't Lobdell mention something about showing how much pain and hurting Jason can endure? I thought he was talking about emotional pain, because the stuff with Bruce and Roy, but maybe it was more literal.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

To be honest with you all this was the first issue of the new direction that I didn't enjoy at all. It felt to short and it ended abruptly I thought. There was a lot of action certainly but it was very low on plot in my opinion. It sort of felt to me like the issue was spinning it wheels rather than trying to further the main plot in anyway. I hope the next issue is much better because this one was disappointing to me on so many levels.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

What this issue did and the previous two failed to do so was showing that Jason still has empathy and that he isn't some killing machine who hit people left and right. It made me hopeful again for this book.

It didn't have much plot and just full on action (which I feel that writers do it when they feel lazy and I don't particularly like), but I still think it was fun to read because of Jason's light hearted attitude.

The lack of new plot advancements is a thing most people is starting to complain, which is reasonable, because we barely had any because first, needed to show the new direction for the readers in issue 26 and then, in issue 27, we had to deal with both Bruce's talking about what happened in issue 25 and Roy's death. A good point would've been this month's issue, but then we wouldn't have had a taste of how crazy the town is, or have had Kate and Wingman reintroduced for the following issue's story. Unfortunately, this issue was still very transitional. I suspect next month is going to be full in plot with a little bit of action at the start. But it wouldn't be the first time Lobdell drags a plot for too long in this very same run: it already happened with Bizarro's.

We will see. In a month. Waiting sucks.

Incredible Member

I enjoyed this issue except for the fact that Jason is suddenly strong enough to pick up a log, jam it through someone’s body, and then rip it up and through the body. Did anyone else have an issue with that?