Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Has Jason even used the crowbar yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Has Jason even used the crowbar yet?
    In #26 he used it in the sheriff department.

Well, that was a very fun read.

As with previous issues, the choreography for the fighting scenes was superb; easy to follow and read, and with a lot of detail with where the characters were and are in each panel, what they are doing and stuff, with attention to very little details everywhere. Probably the only thing that leaked through Woods attention was that the mirrored image in the drink should have the grandma to the left and not the right. But that's really nipticking.

Also, wow! Jason really can endure a lot of beating. One has to wonder how hard had Bruce to hit him for letting Jason out of commission so long.

More stuff: I loved how they dressed up Jason when they caught him. It's ironic, because usually the bad guys would undress the costumed vigilante. But here, because he was out of costume, they put the costume on him. Funny.

And last thing: I somehow got the impression that Jason was remembering Biz when he impaled that big robot, and was annoyed with himself. Or maybe more like upset. I wonder if it was Woods intention or if it was scripted by Lobdell to be like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Well, that was a very fun read.

As with previous issues, the choreography for the fighting scenes was superb; easy to follow and read, and with a lot of detail with where the characters were and are in each panel, what they are doing and stuff, with attention to very little details everywhere. Probably the only thing that leaked through Woods attention was that the mirrored image in the drink should have the grandma to the left and not the right. But that's really nipticking.

Also, wow! Jason really can endure a lot of beating. One has to wonder how hard had Bruce to hit him for letting Jason out of commission so long.

More stuff: I loved how they dressed up Jason when they caught him. It's ironic, because usually the bad guys would undress the costumed vigilante. But here, because he was out of costume, they put the costume on him. Funny.

And last thing: I somehow got the impression that Jason was remembering Biz when he impaled that big robot, and was annoyed with himself. Or maybe more like upset. I wonder if it was Woods intention or if it was scripted by Lobdell to be like that.
    Probably scripted to be like that, would be my guess. Almost thought it was a Biz or Grundy clone for a second. As to Jason taking a beating, well, he did break Supergirl's grip and she commented that "no regular human can do that". Whether its from his training with groups like the All-Caste and LoA, the Lazarus Pit, or some combination, Jay has been shown to be a bit above most regular humans.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Probably scripted to be like that, would be my guess. Almost thought it was a Biz or Grundy clone for a second. As to Jason taking a beating, well, he did break Supergirl's grip and she commented that "no regular human can do that". Whether its from his training with groups like the All-Caste and LoA, the Lazarus Pit, or some combination, Jay has been shown to be a bit above most regular humans.
    That bit in Supergirl is not a good example, Jason was high on Venom in that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    That bit in Supergirl is not a good example, Jason was high on Venom in that.
    Ah. My bad.

But he has had a lot of training. Like, living with Biz and Artemis.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    I guess since he was dressed by the town people, they wisely left the weapons out. Last issues he still had both in his bag.
    There was only a katana in his bag, no crowbar. I checked.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    There was only a katana in his bag, no crowbar. I checked.
    Ah faulty memories. You're right there's just the katana in the bag. Seems like at this point, the crowbar is just like his other impromptu pick-up and discard weapons, until something significant happens and he decides to make it part of his getup.

Jason is a lot stronger than I gave him credit for. So Brutal. On some GoW stuff man.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Spectacular Member

I like Jason's not-so-friendly tone with BW, this guy sure holds a grudge. His line about not going back to Gotham with Batman sounds a bit odd to me though. Not like he was given a choice? That said, I like this decision to get BW in early. Smart way to avoid the usual "fight first team up later" format for next issue.
    I think Batwoman might be a little surprised to see him being so 'normal', too. If Bruce was concerned about his mental condition and asked Kate to check on him, then she might be expecting a lost and depressed version of Jason. That's why she said 'There's that healthy Jason Todd ego I remember'.

Quote Originally Posted by magpieM View Post
    I think Batwoman might be a little surprised to see him being so 'normal', too. If Bruce was concerned about his mental condition and asked Kate to check on him, then she might be expecting a lost and depressed version of Jason. That's why she said 'There's that healthy Jason Todd ego I remember'.
    I hope this is the case as well. Give it a good purpose for this teamup, as I wasn't fond of a random BW guest star in the first place.

I hope this is the case as well. Give it a good purpose for this teamup, as I wasn't fond of a random BW guest star in the first place.
    "Hood."
    "...Woman."

That was a good line. Think Jason would have said "Bat" if Kate had said "Red"?

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

We did want the bad ass female red head back... Lobdell just sent the wrong one

You know, when you think about it, there's a LOT of characters that fit that. Particularly amongst the female portion. Not saying its a bad thing, but still.

That's... not wrong. :P