Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    I enjoyed this issue except for the fact that Jason is suddenly strong enough to pick up a log, jam it through someone’s body, and then rip it up and through the body. Did anyone else have an issue with that?
    People can pull feats like those in stressful situations. They can do too outside of those, but more earely. My great--great-great grandfather was a professional stone lifter? It's a traditional sport here: just roll with it. Well, the thing is, he held up stones, trunks and some other heavy stuff. He also found his death that way, if I remember right what my grandmother told me. And then a log that heavy would have some inertia strenght with it when moved. So, for me, I think it's belieabable.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 11-16-2018 at 09:41 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Didn't Lobdell mention something about showing how much pain and hurting Jason can endure? I thought he was talking about emotional pain, because the stuff with Bruce and Roy, but maybe it was more literal.
    Jason dug himself out of his coffin and six feet upwards by literally clawing through the dirt. This is one TOUGH cookie.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

I enjoyed this issue except for the fact that Jason is suddenly strong enough to pick up a log, jam it through someone’s body, and then rip it up and through the body. Did anyone else have an issue with that?
    Yeah, that was a little strange. I would have preferred if the log had been smaller. Or if it is that big that Jason had unbalanced the monster so that it would have fallen backwards on the log.

Don't mind it.

What I mind is the lack of detective work from Jason. The villain of this arc is a mysterious organization and instead of doing some investigation on them, all Jason has been doing is hitting people left and right (at least this time he showed empathy instead of being emotionless about it).

I don't mind the issue and like I said before it was fun, but it was also pretty lazy when it comes to writing and I hope Lobdell isn't slacking off because he is on Nightwing.
    Last edited by Rise; 11-19-2018 at 05:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Don't mind it.

What I mind is the lack of detective work from Jason. The villain of this arc is a mysterious organization and instead of doing some investigation on them, all Jason has been doing is hitting people left and right (at least this time he showed empathy instead of being emotionless about it).

I don't mind the issue and like I said before it was fun, but it was also pretty lazy when it comes to writing and I hope Lobdell isn't slacking off because he is on Nightwing.
    Now that is a "flaw" I missed until now. I agree, I would've liked more detective work than a full action issue. We have had a lot of action, and little of detective work that would fit the harboiled genre which I would like to read.

I'd like more detective work as well. To be fair though, Jason was going to investigate, I think. The town people just jumped him first. So yeah, a bit disappointed with the plot, but not Jason.

In Titans, Dick and company deal with the Nuclear Family.

In Red Hood Outlaw, Jason deals with the Nuclear Family's hometown. lol

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Sure his methods were violent but that doesn't mean he still wasn't investigating at the same time. The only reason he's even at the town is because the info he gathered pointed him in that direction. It's not like he just happened to be in the town in the middle of nowhere that just so happens to be a front for a criminal organization.