Versus

Captain Marvel
    Hulk
    Sentry
    Nova Prime (Rich with Wordmind)
    Quasar (Wendel Vaughn)
    Iron Man in Hulkbuster
    Thor (classic with Mjolnir)

Rules: If Sentry is too much, remove him.
    I would enjoy hearing your ideas on both speed equalized and normal conditions.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

How fast are the likes of Quasar and Nova? I'm thinking Freeza nukes everyone here at the bell except Sentry.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Yeah, Nova needs to make wormholes or something for long range distance travel I think.

I don't see Sentry getting put down so for that match the marvel team wins.

Sans Sentry, his team gets mowed down. If Binary proves problematic, a nice body swap from Ginyu can win it.

Equalized speed would be interesting. You have Captain Marvel who could be powered up by absorbing a death ball from Frieza. Thor is good back up, and Nova opening a star gate to mess up Frieza is a legitimate option.

Speed equalized I'm going with the team. Binary, Nova are the MVPs.
    Last edited by moonknight11; 11-12-2018 at 08:17 PM.

Whoops, missed the speed equalized caveat. Carol's gonna be their worst nightmare in that regard. Team Freeza's only hope is if Ginyu can get a body swap in, but he might be dead by that point.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    How fast are the likes of Quasar and Nova? I'm thinking Freeza nukes everyone here at the bell except Sentry.
    Quasar is fairly unremarkable but Nova has legit super speed and reflexes as Prime
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Whoops, missed the speed equalized caveat. Carol's gonna be their worst nightmare in that regard. Team Freeza's only hope is if Ginyu can get a body swap in, but he might be dead by that point.
    Oh I'm very happy hearing thoughts on equalized and not =)
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Oh I'm very happy hearing thoughts on equalized and not =)
    Yeah, that's a very necessary addition when dealing with DBZ threads. On the other hand, I'm imagining Burtur's mental breakdown when he gets completely outclassed speed wise by the likes of Freeza, Ginyu, Sentry, and Nova would be absolutely hilarious.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Yeah, that's a very necessary addition when dealing with DBZ threads. On the other hand, I'm imagining Burtur's mental breakdown when he gets completely outclassed speed wise by the likes of Freeza, Ginyu, Sentry, and Nova would be absolutely hilarious.
    "I'm NOT SLOWER THAN F@&£ing GULDO!"
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Sentry stomps all over that level of Frieza & Friends, so he's out.

Speed equalized, and with common knowledge, one of Rich or Wendell kills Ginyu at the bell to stop the body swap, which seems to take a moment to roll out. Once that's done, well, a MUCH weaker Nova than Prime Rich used Nova force to restrain a freaking Strontian. So it's grav field pin-down and death by pounding. The Ginyu force is a joke compared to several people here. Frieza falls to numbers. His go-to move: destroy-the-planet type energy blasts, isn't helping here, with 3 different people who can absorb that much power trivially, and another who can either contain it or shunt it off. And this is before even considering the whole "open portals inside bodies" trick.

Unequalized speed is a different thing. A normal Nova has pretty awesome hypersonic reflexes. Rich, mainlining the whole Nove force, has far better, but exactly how much better? Better than Frieza? I would like to avoid a DB speed debate, I think.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Quasar is fairly unremarkable but Nova has legit super speed and reflexes as Prime
    I mean the speed-equalised thing makes this kind of not a thing anyway, but he does have auto-shields on par with at least a high-end Lantern, so even if he’s outsped, you’ve got to get through that.

Also, why make Tony LESS effective than usual by giving him a comics version of any sort of ‘buster’ armour? That’s when he sucks the most.

Astonishing Member

If Frieza just fires off his little ol' planet buster on opening, who survives except Sentry?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    If Frieza just fires off his little ol' planet buster on opening, who survives except Sentry?
    Carol absorbs that and any other energy blast, turns into the Binary and then who from Freeza's side survives that?
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Thor and Hulk should.

Maybe not Aaronforce Thor.