Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    If Frieza just fires off his little ol' planet buster on opening, who survives except Sentry?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Thor and Hulk should.

Maybe not Aaronforce Thor.
    Also Quasar due to the aforementioned serious autoshields. So basically just Nova dies on the Avengers team because...

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Carol absorbs that and any other energy blast, turns into the Binary and then who from Freeza's side survives that?
    ... because this.

How quickly can Ginyu fire off his body swap? I remember it being pretty quick.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Yeah, Nova needs to make wormholes or something for long range distance travel I think.
    He can fly a little FTL without apparent strain, for what that's worth. But I don't recall him explicitly going far beyond that; and he does prefer to open stargates when time or distance is an obstacle.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    So basically just Nova dies on the Avengers team because...
    Nova tanked the "Herald My Rage" blast while bubble-shielding two others. So really, everyone survives, even Tony who shouldn't even be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning View Post
    He can fly a little FTL without apparent strain, for what that's worth. But I don't recall him explicitly going far beyond that; and he does prefer to open stargates when time or distance is an obstacle.

Nova tanked the "Herald My Rage" blast while bubble-shielding two others. So really, everyone survives, even Tony who shouldn't even be there.
    That involved maxing out his defenses though. If things get exploded fast enough, he might not have time to.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    That involved maxing out his defenses though. If things get exploded fast enough, he might not have time to.
    I'm looking at Annihilation #6 now and don't see where it says he maxes out anything. But I do see he hasn't even begun to react until the blast is so close its glow already brightly illuminates their faces. Everything is zorched by the next panel.
    Last edited by Morning; 11-15-2018 at 02:57 PM.

I'm looking at Annihilation #6 now and don't see where it says he maxes out anything. But I do see he hasn't even begun to react until the blast is so close its glow already brightly illuminates their faces. Everything is zorched by the next panel.
    There's a sizable energy aura around him in its aftermath that would speak to having called it up for defense, considering he doesn't normally roll around with that kind of thing. And all the same they had enough time to react that the people with him with no particular superhuman reaction time could see the blast coming in.

I somehow forgot Tony even being there, despite already commenting on the suckiness of his ‘-Buster’ armours.

I can’t see him surviving.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    There's a sizable energy aura around him in its aftermath that would speak to having called it up for defense, considering he doesn't normally roll around with that kind of thing.
    I don't want to speculate why the aura is there. If I were to, I would imagine it was because he'd had to fly over to Annihilus. The aura most consistently appears in flight. It's not, at least obviously, in a "shield" form.

More importantly, from all of his appearances, it doesn't seem to take him any special amount of time to max his shields. He just thinks it and it's done, usually without charge time or art cue.

And all the same they had enough time to react that the people with him with no particular superhuman reaction time could see the blast coming in.
    I think you can chalk that up to comic-book-dialogue-hypertime. Regardless, do we know how long it takes Frieza to blow up a planet? What bar does he have to clear here?

Even assuming somewhat less than commensurate reflexes to his maximum unassisted flight speed, I think we have to assume Rider can at least think "max shields," or Worldmind can do it for him, if indeed he even needs to. And when speed is equalized, it's a non-issue.
    Last edited by Morning; 11-17-2018 at 07:53 AM.

I somehow forgot Tony even being there, despite already commenting on the suckiness of his ‘-Buster’ armours.

I can’t see him surviving.
    I'm thinking Rider can bubble him. There's no reason to, under bloodlust, as Tony is basically useless here. But he could and stargate him off to someplace less hostile, and that would be a kind gesture.
    Last edited by Morning; 11-16-2018 at 12:14 PM.

BANNED

Frieza: I have an army.

Iron Man: We have a Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by seaturkey View Post
    Frieza: I have an army.

Iron Man: We have a Hulk.
    I mean Hulk doesn't really have much in the way of options here. You don't bring knifes to an Energy Attack & Esoterics Fight. Also, with the mention of Frieza planet busting, how has nobody brought up Abridged ?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

I mean the speed-equalised thing makes this kind of not a thing anyway, but he does have auto-shields on par with at least a high-end Lantern, so even if he’s outsped, you’ve got to get through that.
    There's two scenarios; one with equal speed and one without.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I mean Hulk doesn't really have much in the way of options here. You don't bring knifes to an Energy Attack & Esoterics Fight. Also, with the mention of Frieza planet busting, how has nobody brought up Abridged ?
    Eh, he did a much better job in first form in the Bardock movie.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Eh, he did a much better job in first form in the Bardock movie.
    Was never canon.

Fortunately Super recreated the scene minus Bardock, so that's canon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Firstly, bad anology, Hulk isn't a knife, and if you think Hulk can't smash his way through the Ginyu force, you are seriously underestimating the strongest there is.