Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It's a Shootout

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    it's either westley or wick taking the day.

everyone else isn't exactly known for being accurate shots. especially tony since his claim to fame is just being coked up and taking a crap ton of bullets.
    Django was a pretty great shot, especially considering the tech level he was working with.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Django was a pretty great shot, especially considering the tech level he was working with.
    true but wick is a bit more consistent.

but yeah, wanted are some superhuman ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    SoK is way past Wanted.
    I know, I was just making the point about Wanted being superhuman and therefore not really fair. It was in that context that I said it was ‘almost’ like putting SoK in the mix.

I mean, sure he’s way above them, but in Rumbles terms they’re not any more dead facing SoK as they are facing Wesley. It’s a bigger stomp, but they’re equally dead at the end of it.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    true but wick is a bit more consistent.

but yeah, wanted are some superhuman ****.
    I dunno about that. When he's not outnumbered, in the middle of enemy territory, and using whatever guns he could grab from the people trying to kill him while desperately dodging behind makeshift cover, I don't recall him missing even once.

Regardless he's still limited by the tech of his time, namely that his pistols(a Remington Model 1858 and Colt 1851 Navy) are single action revolvers with lengthy reload time and only hold 6 shots a piece, whereas Wick's various hand guns are semi auto with high capacity magazines that can be swapped out in seconds(his signature weapon is likely the Heckler & Koch P30L he uses in the first movie, which can hold 10, 13, or 15 round mags)
    Last edited by Hiromi; 11-16-2018 at 09:59 PM.

Just for reference, this is the "circular shot scene". The shot isn't performed by Wesley, but he's done similar stuff.

Equally importantly, notice how the characters (including Wesley) are moving at blatantly bullet-time speeds.

yeah that's just their standard curving the bullet trick, the first thing Wesley learned

Fantastic Member

I'm not familiar with everyone on the list, but have any of them taken as much damage as Tony Montana and still kept shooting? It does take him waayyyyy too long [OK, OK, you wanna play rough?] to load his "little friend" to be much of a threat, but he would eat a lot of bullets to get off one shot.

Tony was so high on coke he did not feel the damage and kept trucking. At that point he was going to die, just did not feel said injuries going to do it.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Wow, I just watched Wanted and it's ridiculous. So so so far beyond the other folks on this list. Wesley's scene charging through the textile plant is ludicrous: he's emptying out his gun and grabbing new guns from his victims, at a dead run, as he parkours through the place.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

I dunno about that. When he's not outnumbered, in the middle of enemy territory, and using whatever guns he could grab from the people trying to kill him while desperately dodging behind makeshift cover, I don't recall him missing even once.
    He missed some, hell he pretty much lost his last few bullets trying to kill one guy that was running. He is impressive, but he isn't getting out alive from this.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    He missed some, hell he pretty much lost his last few bullets trying to kill one guy that was running. He is impressive, but he isn't getting out alive from this.
    I just watched Django Unchained last week, and his last gunfight was him flat out slaughtering 3 gunmen before they could even get off a single shot (when Django had to put down a candle before drawing his weapon).

If you meant at the end of the first Candyland shootout, that was while using a gun that wasn't his, within a few minutes of watching his best/only friend in the entire world get unexpectedly killed, trying to keep his newly freed wife from getting shot, while frantically dodging close range gunfire from all angles, and holding up one of the *many* corpses he had made in that timeframe as a human shield.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sol_M View Post
    Just for reference, this is the "circular shot scene". The shot isn't performed by Wesley, but he's done similar stuff.

Equally importantly, notice how the characters (including Wesley) are moving at blatantly bullet-time speeds.

Really, I have no words.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post

Really, I have no words.
    THE PHYSICS MAKETH NO SENS E. THE MATHS IS ALL WRONG.

Like... even forgiving the curving. What type of gun can just blast through all that material without the bullet stopping, slowing down or getting it's course altered!?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    THE PHYSICS MAKETH NO SENS E. THE MATHS IS ALL WRONG.

Like... even forgiving the curving. What type of gun can just blast through all that material without the bullet stopping, slowing down or getting it's course altered!?
    Basically, the writer should have said they have magic, and left it at that.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate