Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    You can make little squares out paper black construction paper, then use them to block out any panels featuring romantic subplots and dialogue?
    this works for pretty much all complaints
    troo fan or death

If you just want superhero stories without all the trappings of a regular person (romance, personal conflicts, angst), Spider-Man might not be the character for you.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    If you just want superhero stories without all the trappings of a regular person (romance, personal conflicts, angst), Spider-Man might not be the character for you.
    True, Batman might be a better bet. He's a miserable bastard right now with hardly any aspects of a normal life.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    True, Batman might be a better bet. He's a miserable bastard right now with hardly any aspects of a normal life.
    Ironic considering this current Batman run has probably had the most amount of romance out of any of them

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Ironic considering this current Batman run has probably had the most amount of romance out of any of them
    Like a man dying of thirst in the desert only to mistake a mirage for an oasis that mouthful of sand then tastes twice as bitter.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Or I could just stick to the video games and cartoons since they're more episodic and adventure based.

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyCeo View Post
    Or I could just stick to the video games and cartoons since they're more episodic and adventure based.
    Someone hasn't been playing the PS4 Spider-Man game...

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Someone hasn't been playing the PS4 Spider-Man game...
    Seriously, there's been 1 good Spider-Man game in the last 10 years and the Peter/MJ relationship is a pretty big part of it. Pretty sure it was a big part of the last good one too.

Seriously, there's been 1 good Spider-Man game in the last 10 years and the Peter/MJ relationship is a pretty big part of it. Pretty sure it was a big part of the last good one too.
    Depends on who you ask, I would say the last really good Spider-Man game since PS4 was Shattered Dimensions.

Yeah, but part of his wish is for more Spider-Man action, less ordinary Peter stuff. And the game does provide that. MJ is interacting with Spider-Man more in the game than with Peter. And you don't play as Peter for a huge percentage of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Depends on who you ask, I would say the last really good Spider-Man game since PS4 was Shattered Dimensions.
    I thought the first Amazing Spider-Man tie-in game was actually pretty solid, and I think a lot of what that game did or "pioneered" (for lack of a better word) can be seen in the PS4 game.

I think Edge of Time may not have been as strong gameplay-wise but I also think it had a very strong story and dialogue.

I mean, isn't OP the equivalent of liking a sandwich for the bread?

I kid. Whatever floats your boat. Personally, I always found the focus on romance was what made Spidey stand out from the superhero crowd, with the rest being (excellent) perks that made for a character and story to truly get invested in. YMMV

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Edge of Time may not have been as strong gameplay-wise but I also think it had a very strong story and dialogue.
    Edge of Time was underappreciated, it was the first of the games to try and mix the Brand New Day stuff with more traditional elements. Also had a really good Peter/MJ dynamic.

Of course, it was from Peter David, who's more often than not quality.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Edge of Time was underappreciated, it was the first of the games to try and mix the Brand New Day stuff with more traditional elements. Also had a really good Peter/MJ dynamic.

Of course, it was from Peter David, who's more often than not quality.
    And in retrospect, Edge of Time had a rather good rebuttal to One More Day's characterization of Peter, by depicting something similar to that version of Peter, someone who was incapable of moving on from the tragedies and mistakes of the past and obsessed with "fixing" them to the point of recklessly, insanely disregarding the wider consequences of the "fix," but making it clear there was nothing heroic or noble about what he was doing.

Oh, and this gem: "My future is meaningless without her!" Another good jab at One More Day and the ensuing BND status quo.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Ya really shouldn't fall for that "You aren't a true fan if you don't enjoy x" thing, it's a pathetic thing people say to make themselves look better for apreciating something and mock someone who doesn't.