Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Edge of Time was underappreciated, it was the first of the games to try and mix the Brand New Day stuff with more traditional elements. Also had a really good Peter/MJ dynamic.

Of course, it was from Peter David, who's more often than not quality.
    Ah I didn't realize Edge Of Time was written by David, that's pretty cool. The gameplay itself I thought was just okay but the story was pretty well done. And of course, Shattered Dimensions was written Slott and directly inspired Spider-Verse.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Edge of Time was underappreciated, it was the first of the games to try and mix the Brand New Day stuff with more traditional elements. Also had a really good Peter/MJ dynamic.

Of course, it was from Peter David, who's more often than not quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    And in retrospect, Edge of Time had a rather good rebuttal to One More Day's characterization of Peter, by depicting something similar to that version of Peter, someone who was incapable of moving on from the tragedies and mistakes of the past and obsessed with "fixing" them to the point of recklessly, insanely disregarding the wider consequences of the "fix," but making it clear there was nothing heroic or noble about what he was doing.

Oh, and this gem: "My future is meaningless without her!" Another good jab at One More Day and the ensuing BND status quo.
    Don't forget about the awesome banter between Christopher Daniel Barnes and Josh Keaton's Spidey's .
    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Ah I didn't realize Edge Of Time was written by David, that's pretty cool. The gameplay itself I thought was just okay but the story was pretty well done. And of course, Shattered Dimensions was written Slott and directly inspired Spider-Verse.
    I wish Spider-Verse (the main story) had been as fun as Shattered Dimensions...

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Maybe, but the idea itself is more than a decade older than Shattered Dimensions. Spider Wars, the 90s animated series finale, was the first in Spider-Man-based media to have Spider-Man meeting and teaming up with A/U counterparts of himself, and that was back in 1998.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Don't forget about the awesome banter between Christopher Daniel Barnes and Josh Keaton's Spidey's .

I wish Spider-Verse (the main story) had been as fun as Shattered Dimensions...
    Who could forget that?
    The spider is always on the hunt.