Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ranma vs. Alita

Extraordinary Member

Default Ranma vs. Alita

Ranma, the gender bending master of Anything Goes Martial Arts, takes on the cyborg Battle Angel, Alita.

Ranma is End of Series

EDIT: Due to accidentally making a stomp, rather than Alita receiving a composite body, this will be done Gauntlet style, with Ranma fighting all of her bodies from Weakest to strongest
    Last edited by Jcogginsa; 11-14-2018 at 04:35 PM.

Doesnt Alita blow through Ranma? Alita isn't just bullet timer. She's blatantly super/hyper sonic. Her pre retcon body ran up a hundred kilometer tower into deep space in mere moments.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Doesnt Alita blow through Ranma? Alita isn't just bullet timer. She's blatantly super/hyper sonic. Her pre retcon body ran up a hundred kilometer tower into deep space in mere moments.
    I wasn't aware of Ranma's exact peed placement, I assumed Ranma was above Bullet Timing

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Alita's most powerful body is the Imaginos 2.0 body. I'm dubious that Ranma could even hurt her if she stood there and just took it.

Like Ranma is strong and all but Alita at her strongest is astronomically above him in... all stats that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I wasn't aware of Ranma's exact peed placement, I assumed Ranma was above Bullet Timing
    Tbf, im not sure either.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Tbf, im not sure either.
    It don't matter here.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Ranma is significantly above bullet timer. But... Alita is beyond his paygrade nonetheless.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I would probably bet on Ranma in some of her bodies, pre-timeskip, because they see to be lot less durable than him (like the Roller derby one and the one she had as a government agent) and is at least close enough to his reflex speed that he would have to be careful but it's definitely not capable of blitzing him, but even then it would be by a small margin since she can explode him with one punch as well as he could do the same to her. Invisibility could he give him better odds, as well, but Imaginos is out of his league.

Though I wonder ifhe could use the Hiryuu Shoten Ha while invisible, in case Gally/Alita uses an AOE plasma wave to try and find him.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 11-13-2018 at 03:44 PM.

Another factor to Aliya is in her most powerful versions she has a regeneration factor despite machine body, due to tapping into funky particle stuff.

Mighty Member

the problem with the OP is that it gives Alita her strongest feats and all of her weapons. Ranma can't deal with that. maybe if she got all of her weapons in her weakest and slowest and most vulnerable body he could handle that... but even then it's pretty tough.

you would need the Alita from very early in the original series for this to be a good fight. yeah, she might be noticeably faster... but I don't recall her having the same sort of striking power as Ranma that early on. Ranma also has a much bigger bag of tricks. some of those tricks would be very hard for early series Alita to counter. but she would have the advantage of being mostly mechanical and being able to keep fighting through injuries that mere humans would get incapacitated by.

Extraordinary Member

I have decided to edit the Opening Post. This is now a Gauntlet Match, with Ranma fighting all of Alita's bodies, weakest to strongest

He probably beats the weakest, and then it gets exponentially worse from there.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Don't feel like making another thread about this.

How would Kenshiro do against Alita??

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    Don't feel like making another thread about this.

How would Kenshiro do against Alita??
    I mean part of that involves unlocking the speed algorithm which is... a lot.

Hard to say, probably Alita.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I mean part of that involves unlocking the speed algorithm which is... a lot.

Hard to say, probably Alita.
    I would say Alita before he can become intangible, if only just.
    - big_adventure