Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Ivan Reis draws one great Atom/Ray Palmer. I mean Ivan Reis draws a great...everything.

Another good read. Very cinematic.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    It's a vision. That means he doesn't have to personally know the people in it for him to see them.
    True, but tieing into your theory in the Bendis thread, Rogol claims to have known Jor El. It's very likely then that he knew Zod as well.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    True, but tieing into your theory in the Bendis thread, Rogol claims to have known Jor El. It's very likely then that he knew Zod as well.
    Yup! Also true. This is turning into space Game of Thrones really fast lol and I dig it!
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

So the most curious occurrence here is what revelation it is Superman came to about Zaar right before Zod busted in. I didn't have many ideas till I saw Superlad's theory, ha.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Pretty good issue but still had problems with it.

Things I liked: Ivan Ries is still kicking butt. The art is amazing and a thrill to see.
    Even though it took a very long time to get going the last two issues actually started to move.
    Bringing in Zod is great. Really like how he is written. Three dimensional and the only character to take things seriously in this dramatic situation without acting all cutesy with the Bendis talk.
    Atom shrinking the earth is awesome and the scene where it grew back to normal size with Zod and Strange getting sucked in was cool.
    The line "What would Lois do?" from Clark. Shows how they respect and admire each other.
    And probably the best of all that scene where Superman is supposed to go full killer and see's his parents on the farm and is reminded who he really is. Very touching and well done.
    Also that cliffhanger was great. If Superman won't kick your ass then Zod will.

What I didn't like: Probably already mentioned most of these above. The pace is still extremely slow.
    Rogol Zar is still very forgettable and uninteresting.
    Superman still not giving a crap. I know he had that moment where he saw his parents and calmed down but still his attitude and calmness when confronting Rogol at the end is very unnatural and way too calm. He should show some emotion or at least act like he's taking the situation seriously instead of "Hey, yo, Rogol whatsup man? Can I Like ask you a personal question man?"
    And last but definitely not least. The Bendis talk and cutesy attitude. It's very annoying and really takes you out of the story. If all the characters are not taking anything seriously why should I? Mostly it was done by the Atom and Atom Strange. It needs to stop. This treating everything like it's a joke and like super casual and like stuff. I feel like Zod was really the only one who was written not as a joke.

All in all though I started off hating this but the last two issues have started to change my mind. Looking forward to seeing how this wraps up.
    Last edited by WallyWestFlash; 11-14-2018 at 05:21 PM.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

I loved this issue. Bendis is doing an amazing job with all the characters, expecially Zod in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    And last but definitely not least. The Bendis talk and cutesy attitude. It's very annoying and really takes you out of the story. If all the characters are not taking anything seriously why should I? Mostly it was done by the Atom and Atom Strange. It needs to stop. This treating everything like it's a joke and like super casual and like stuff. I feel like Zod was really the only one who was written not as a joke.
    I thought the first Adam Strange appearance a few issues back was a great throw away joke. Unfortunately, Bendis forgot to throw it away.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    It was nice to see lor-zod again.In this countinuity Lor and Jon are of same age,right?.How come Lor is not affected by space like Jon is?why isn't he hitting puberty?if that is what going to happen to Jon.
    Lor is full kryptonian. Jon is kryptonian/human. So I'd imagine that might explain his "growth spurt."

This continues to impress. And I really like how Bendis is using the super-intelligence aspect of Superman as well as how that interacts with his morality. Superman always holds back, guys.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.