Mighty Member

Default Batman and Zuko: nods to Stigmazilla

Robin gets replaced by Zuko.

how does Batman deal with his new firebending, sword-wielding sidekick in the war on crime? how well does Zuko adjust?

for the sake of thoroughness let's cover a few options.

1. Adam West version
    2. DCAU Bats
    3. Zuko replaces Jason Todd
    4. Zuko replaces Damien Wayne

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Totoro Man View Post
    Robin gets replaced by Zuko.

how does Batman deal with his new firebending, sword-wielding sidekick in the war on crime? how well does Zuko adjust?

for the sake of thoroughness let's cover a few options.

1. Adam West version
    2. DCAU Bats
    3. Zuko replaces Jason Todd
    4. Zuko replaces Damien Wayne
    In terms of muscle, it is hard to imagine Batman _not_ finding a use for a pyrokinetic ninja.

Beyond that, a great deal depends on when Zuzu gets dumped in Gotham. While I am the first to admit none of these versions are worse father figures than Ozai, if Iroh cannot fix Zuko's mental malfunctions no version of Bruce Wayne will stand a chance.

(I also note that you could not bring yourself to swap the Bright Robin (Tim) or the Cheerful one (Dick) when given the option)

Mighty Member

I picked the DCAU because it's an easier transition from ATLA to DCAU. Dick Grayson and Tim Drake both show up in the DCAU. (although Dick isn't quite as cheerful in DCAU as he is in the comics) makes more sense to simply make Zuko the Robin stand-in for all of his various appearances. (except when Tim and Dick have to interact with each other)

I didn't mention the comics versions because there are a LOT of different versions of Dick Grayon. Zuko would seem rather out of place in the Golden Age Bat-comics. although it would be interesting to see what Sprang would do with Zuko. I don't think the level of child abuse Zuko suffered through would have been allowed in a comic back then-- even before the code.

yes, the timing for which version of Zuko is used to replace Robin makes a big difference!