Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

It probably shouldn't be, but this discussion is really making me giggle.

That lightning bolt didn't burn him to bits. She just stopped his [possessed] heart[to get SK to leave his body]. And then restarted it. To stop the Shadow King. Comic book lightning bolts are all just light shows 99% of the time.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Havok, for example, was always being mindful of the effect his plasma would have on his opponents. It was a constant story beat for many of the X-Men to deliver only the amount of force necessary to stop their foes without doing excessive damage. Heroes were matched appropriately to their villains. Colossus can punch The Blob without harming him, Wolverine can slash at Sabretooth because they both have healing factors. The X-Men can clobber armored goons to their heart's content because no one is actually getting hurt that badly. And you bring in crazy monsters that are trying to eat people or robots and such when you want to see them unleash, but there should always be a moral dilemma in using such unrestrained force. The uptick in [casual] violence, and the lack of compassion displayed by the 'heroes' shown not only in modern comics but in other forms of media is completely deranged and unhealthy.
    Not always. Piotr punched Pete Wisdom who had no healing factor

Havok blasted some CoH folk

There are PLENTY of examples of X-men using blunt force on opponents without a healing factor or invulnerability

That lightning bolt didn't burn him to bits. She just stopped his [possessed] heart[to get SK to leave his body]. And then restarted it. To stop the Shadow King. Comic book lightning bolts are all just light shows 99% of the time.
    which is the point. These attacks should be deadly in most cases but its a comic so its not. Your original point was that X-23 exposed her enemies to possible infection in that nonsterile environment. Theres literally no difference between what Storm and any other X-men does when they attack and wound a person.
    Last edited by Havok83; 11-18-2018 at 04:19 PM.

L-Laura cut off my toe-- I, I c-can't breathe-- I'm gonna, I'm gonna... die...

That shit she pulled in X-Men Red was stupid too(cutting off that guy's fingers).

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Not always. Piotr punched Pete Wisdom who had no healing factor

This was an excessive use of force brought on my Piotr's jealousy, and the characters all responded as such. It was not a flippant scene played for laughs.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

The main story was solid setup. Fast paced, with some nice action, and introduces us to a number of plot threads and characters. I thought the three character stories in the back were the highlight, and allowed for the writers to dig a bit deeper into some of the X-Men involved here. Eager to learn more about what's going on, and how those three stories will tie in into the main story.

This was an excessive use of force brought on my Piotr's jealousy, and the characters all responded as such. It was not a flippant scene played for laughs.
    And what of Havok casually blasting a bunch of humans? Does it really matter if its played for laughs or not? Thats not the point. Its not like Piotr doesnt have a history of doing this.

I bet you/re gonna say it was Gold so it doesnt count

And what of Havok casually blasting a bunch of humans? Does it really matter if its played for laughs or not? Thats not the point. Its not like Piotr doesnt have a history of doing this.

I bet you/re gonna say it was Gold so it doesnt count
    There's been plenty of bad writing. I'm not going to defend crappy stories.

There's been plenty of bad writing. I'm not going to defend crappy stories.
    You kinda did when you nitpicked on X-23 and made excuses/exceptions for everyone else

BANNED

A low yield lightning bolt or telepathic whammy is in no way comparable to slicing tendons or otherwise stabbing people.
    "Low yield lightning bolt?" Are you frelling serious?

Regular human beings have been fatally electrocuted by HOUSEHOLD APPLIANCES, and you're going to seriously talk to me about "low yield" lightning bolts?

You kinda did when you nitpicked on X-23 and made excuses/exceptions for everyone else
    World's Apart wasn't crappy writing. Neither was Claremont's X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    "Low yield lightning bolt?" Are you frelling serious?

Regular human beings have been fatally electrocuted by HOUSEHOLD APPLIANCES, and you're going to seriously talk to me about "low yield" lightning bolts?
    Considering how ineffective Storm's lightning bolts are shown to be 90% of the time, and the fact that real people walk away from lightning bolts more often than not, yes, there are low yield lightning bolts, and yes, Storm can moderate the amount of energy in her bolts from 'slight tickles light show' to 'incinerating to ash deathstroke'. There's not such thing as a 'low yield' laceration from 12" blades.

Astonishing Member

Considering how ineffective Storm's lightning bolts are shown to be 90% of the time, and the fact that real people walk away from lightning bolts more often than not, yes, there are low yield lightning bolts, and yes, Storm can moderate the amount of energy in her bolts from 'slight tickles light show' to 'incinerating to ash deathstroke'. There's not such thing as a 'low yield' laceration from 12" blades.
    Actually there are, it depends on how deep the cut is and where they were cut, this is obvious not including hove everyon has some level of healing factor or durability boost and that they we cut with her claw fully extended
    also if Logan did they same thing or killed the. you wouldn't be complaining but praising him.
    Last edited by Dthirds3; 11-18-2018 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    also if Logan did they same thing or killed the. you wouldn't be complaining but praising him.
    No I wouldn't. I just posted an image of Storm stopping Logan from using his claws against an adversary that didn't warrant such extreme measures.