Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

The scene would have been better had Polaris just simply restrained the MLF with scrap metal.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    World's Apart wasn't crappy writing. Neither was Claremont's X-Men.
    Funny bc Claremont wrote these scenes

Havok blasting some humans

Piotr punching them in the face

Storm lightning striking the Guardia

I see the X-Men taking down a fascist slave state in the first two, and in the final panel they are overreacting to Betsy's death. And I don't see anyone stabbing anyone and smiling about it.

The MLF were taking down an anti-mutant drug company. X-23 did not have to slice them up to stop them, and she definitely didn't have to smile about it. That is something else entirely.

She's a Wolverine. It's on brand.

BANNED

The actual Wolverine would’ve jobbed instead of solo-ing them all.

I see the X-Men taking down a fascist slave state in the first two, and in the final panel they are overreacting to Betsy's death. And I don't see anyone stabbing anyone and smiling about it.

The MLF were taking down an anti-mutant drug company. X-23 did not have to slice them up to stop them, and she definitely didn't have to smile about it. That is something else entirely.
    Youre just making excuses. Claremont wasnt infallible and he wrote this book as a comic book and had his characters deal blows which would in real life logic kill a person. Its considered bad writing when other writers do it but okay if CC writes it and the characters are overreacting or attacking humans that deserve it

The MLF were attacking a bunch of X-kids after they survived a plane crash which left 2 of them seriously wounded. aura didnt have time to stop and ask questions as she was responding t a call for help by team as she sees her comrades being beaten on. Where do you see X-23 slice anyone up? All we see is her hurled at them by Polaris, a black panel adn them down. As stated before, she knows how to effectively take down her opponents with nonfatal means. That was core to her development in ANW. This scene wasnt even as aggregious as what we saw in Red

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    The actual Wolverine would’ve jobbed instead of solo-ing them all.
    She didnt solo them. It was a team up with Polaris and we've seen the actual Wolverine take down a bunch of enemies by himself in the past

Pretty sure Kitty was bringing those X-kids to attack the MLF, actually, and the MLF had nothing to do with bringing down the Blackbird.

And explain to me how X-23 can subdue a whole team of mutants, claws extended, slicing/gutting sound effects included, and not cut anyone? Who is making excuses now?

Pretty sure Kitty was bringing those X-kids to attack the MLF, actually, and the MLF had nothing to do with bringing down the Blackbird.
    Laura didnt know that. Her friends were involved in a plane crash, she recieved a call for help telling her they were injured and being attacked by the MLF. She didnt have time to question with Idie and Anole near death on the floor and the rest of the team being beaten on. Thats the visual she was teleported into

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Youre just making excuses. Claremont wasnt infallible and he wrote this book as a comic book and had his characters deal blows which would in real life logic kill a person. Its considered bad writing when other writers do it but okay if CC writes it and the characters are overreacting or attacking humans that deserve it

The MLF were attacking a bunch of X-kids after they survived a plane crash which left 2 of them seriously wounded. aura didnt have time to stop and ask questions as she was responding t a call for help by team as she sees her comrades being beaten on. Where do you see X-23 slice anyone up? All we see is her hurled at them by Polaris, a black panel adn them down. As stated before, she knows how to effectively take down her opponents with nonfatal means. That was core to her development in ANW. This scene wasnt even as aggregious as what we saw in Red

She didnt solo them. It was a team up with Polaris and we've seen the actual Wolverine take down a bunch of enemies by himself in the past
    Ugh, We get it. You dont like Claremont. I think It’s time to move on from that now...

Anyways, I thought the issue was really good. Set a good foundation.....I feel like the writers are true x-men fans which I love. Not looking forward to the Age of X-Man but I will certainly give it a good “college” try....like the new writers of the x line. I’m certainly becoming a fan of Kelly Thompsons writing. You can tell she knows her characters. hoping they give this chick the flagship title full time.
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsbane View Post
    Ugh, We get it. You dont like Claremont. I think It’s time to move on from that now...

Anyways, I thought the issue was really good. Set a good foundation.....I feel like the writers are true x-men fans which I love. Not looking forward to the Age of X-Man but I will certainly give it a good “college” try....like the new writers of the x line. I’m certainly becoming a fan of Kelly Thompsons writing. You can tell she knows her characters. hoping they give this chick the flagship title full time.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Lol, I am your superior....don’t hate because I speak truth.
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

The scene would have been better had Polaris just simply restrained the MLF with scrap metal.
    I have been avoiding this area of conversation, but while I would agree MLF were more nuisance then anything else I will say by Laura standards who has hacked through whole rooms of people with body parts lying around for less this was relatively tame.

As for having Lorna solve the problem by encircling them with scrap metal... not all of those she has done it to ended up in better shape then the mutants here.

Last edited by jmc247; 11-18-2018 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    I have been avoiding this area of conversation, but while I would agree MLF were more nuisance then anything else I will say by Laura standards who has hacked through whole rooms of people with body parts lying around for less this was relatively tame.

As for having Lorna solve the problem by encircling them with scrap metal... not all of those she has done it to ended up in better shape then the mutants here.

Thanks for these scans. Lorna is so boss!!

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

JDW confirms Betsy to still have her ninja skills
    Psylocke's Ninja Skills.jpg
    New Body.jpg