Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

They all picked characters and they originally writing the dialogue for the characters they picked. Then they realised Ed only had like two pages and you get paid for what you write. So they reworked the issue. That's what Rosenberg said to me when he came to my comic book store

It was all a bit dull, but on the positive side the one back up story reminded me just how much I loathe Anole.

Spectacular Member Kelly Thompson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    They all picked characters and they originally writing the dialogue for the characters they picked. Then they realised Ed only had like two pages and you get paid for what you write. So they reworked the issue. That's what Rosenberg said to me when he came to my comic book store
    I think Matt was teasing you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Thompson View Post
    I think Matt was teasing you.
    Oh weird?? Didn't think he was being sarcastic? How did you decide who writes what?

Oh weird?? Didn't think he was being sarcastic? How did you decide who writes what?
    For the most part we broke the issues up into sections, each taking a section. For issue 1 (and 10) that breaks evenly between 3, the rest of the issues it breaks to 7/7/6 and whoever outlined the issue got the 6 page section. And then we alternated outlining.

But we obviously each have characters we particularly like and are interested in, so picking sections sometimes came down to choosing a section that had characters or plotlines you were more interested in.

For the most part we broke the issues up into sections, each taking a section. For issue 1 (and 10) that breaks evenly between 3, the rest of the issues it breaks to 7/7/6 and whoever outlined the issue got the 6 page section. And then we alternated outlining.

But we obviously each have characters we particularly like and are interested in, so picking sections sometimes came down to choosing a section that had characters or plotlines you were more interested in.
    Oh that's excellent and sounds very hectic. A massive amount of coordination. Thanks for answering my question.

Oh that's excellent and sounds very hectic. A massive amount of coordination. Thanks for answering my question.
    Well...it's a lot less hectic than each of us only writing certain characters...that would be impossible.

Well...it's a lot less hectic than each of us only writing certain characters...that would be impossible.
    She's here!!! Omg
    So, what do you say about my Storm and Jean pitch from earlier before

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    She's here!!! Omg
    So, what do you say about my Storm and Jean pitch from earlier before
    what Jean and ororo pitch?

and hi kelly!!!!! hope all is well and congrats on the release of issue 1 of uncanny.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

The Emma Frost Jessica Jones teaser looks fantastic

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Oh yeah, a good time to point out that Hisako really could've saved everybody if she gave more of a damn:
    What issue did *this* come from, please?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    I suppose they do it because they think it is how Americans expect us to speak really. Which of course is bollocks (there's a decent one). It interests me how this kind of thing is used, and it stopped pissing me off (another one) years ago really. When you actually have a closer look I think Australians (when they're even represented) and the Irish (look at Banshee - my favourite character of all time) and you'll see it isn't actually that bad for us Brits.

I love your artwork by the way.
    True that. You make great points.
    I like Banshee also. He was great during the 80's and mid 90's to me.

Thanks mate appreciate it.

This was pretty much everything I remember loving about the X men.

BANNED

Late to the party, and the majority of I wanted to say has been said already by others. So just a couple quick things here:

• Really happy to see Polaris. A little disheartened to see that they ditched her newer design in X-Men Blue, and also confused as to why she was there when she's supposed to be running the Madripoor Institute with Danger.
    • Can't say that I'm a fan of Betsy's new telekinetic weaponry. I get that it aligns with her Britishness, but I'm hoping that writers aren't going to disregard her characterization for the last decade.
    • Interesting that Rachel and Cecilia Reyes are absent. Could they be among the Extermination casualties?
    • I love that the sidelined New X-Men are addressed here, and I really do hope that's going to change in the next wave of X-Books (Age of X-Man NextGen sounds promising)

Quote Originally Posted by KoriandrJean View Post
    What issue did *this* come from, please?
    Cable #153