Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Uncanny X-Men #1 (spoilers/discussion)

So how did this one live up to expectations?

I wasn't blown away, but it was a solid set-up with some fun moments. I think the weekly pace is going to be a positive for this book, honestly. The cast is huge and that means we're either going to be getting relatively small story segments moving the plot forward or focus on different teams issue to issue. Either way, that would be a slog month-to-month. Week-to-week, though, I think it'll be OK. I'll be picking up the next one.

I loved the main story. I missed seeing all the big guns together. Can't wait to find out what's up with Kitty, Poccy and the Senator. Favorite moments: the Polaris/X23 fastball special, Psylocke's new weapons and Jean taking the lead.

I do wish they would use the extra pages for the main story. The backups were kinda dull and didn't really justify the price.

BANNED

spoilers:
    Laura pretty much taking out the entire MLF in one blow (with a little help from a Magnetic Fastball Special) makes for a nice feat. Shame it was at the expense of the NXM.
    end of spoilers

Can we please not kill off Oya?

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I think the weekly pace is going to be a positive for this book, honestly..
    Yeah, I think that's what is draining X-Men Red and what drained Soule's Astonishing. With Gold and Blue running bi-weekly, the other two titles that promised big, world-changing events took a year to complete. But #1 of Uncanny just came out, yet we already have solicits for 10 issues and a followup event/AU.

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    spoilers:
    Laura pretty much taking out the entire MLF in one blow (with a little help from a Magnetic Fastball Special) makes for a nice feat. Shame it was at the expense of the NXM.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    We'll say that they softened them up for her
    end of spoilers

I really liked the main story and it’s setting up some interesting stuff it seems like. X-Man offing the alt reality characters or trying to send them back?

Of all the back-ups I really only enjoyed the Bishop one. It was fun to get into his head since he’s been back and i love when he’s in detective mode.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Can we please not kill off Oya?
    I hate to say it, but I would kill off Oya given her standing in the X-men overall. I mean if Death of the Inhumans can Cull the Inhumans, then this Uncanny X-men series needs to Cull off Some of the Youthful X-men again to thin the line a bit more. What better way to end the whole Hope summers thing than that.

Fantastic Member

any Rachel spoilers?

BANNED

Can somebody do a more comprehensive review on spoiler?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I hate to say it, but I would kill off Oya given her standing in the X-men overall. I mean if Death of the Inhumans can Cull the Inhumans, then this Uncanny X-men series needs to Cull off Some of the Youthful X-men again to thin the line a bit more. What better way to end the whole Hope summers thing than that.
    I don't think killing off MORE X-Kids is the solution people are looking for over their lack of utilization.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Why tho? What does that do? No, really, I want to know. What does killing off the already cannon fodder X-students going to get accomplished besides piss off fans of those characters? Death of the Inhumans and Uncanny X-Men are two, extremely different stories already and we shouldn't have to repeat themes just because we can. There was already such a negative response when there was news that this event would kill off some X-Men. Not to mention, Brisson just killed off Bloodstorm in Extermination, and Cecilia Reyes is mysteriously missing from the Med Bay.
    Last edited by Tycon; 11-14-2018 at 08:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerridwen View Post
    any Rachel spoilers?
    She isn't in it

The characters who appeared:
    Anole, Archangel, Armor, Beast, Bishop, Cannonball, Glob Herman, Iceman, Jean Grey, Jubilee, Nightcrawler, Northstar, Oya, Pixie, Polaris, Psylocke, Rockslide, Shadowcat, Storm, X-23, Apocalypse, Madrox and the MFL

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Of all the back-ups I really only enjoyed the Bishop one. It was fun to get into his head since he’s been back and i love when he’s in detective mode.
    I really appreciated the call back to District X! I enjoyed that series and Bishop as a cop.

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

So what are Betsy's new psychic weapons and does Jean do anything interesting other than her vision at the beginning?

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    So what are Betsy's new psychic weapons and does Jean do anything interesting other than her vision at the beginning?
    Betts use a telekinetic longsword & shield ...I am guessing cause of her Otherworld heritage....she was great in the book