Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    The Red Dragon

I feel like their were very good few chracter moments so the whole issue felt kind of shallow. Another world ending threat and it’s doing precious little to make me care because there are too many characters so everyone jusy feels likes cogs to move the wheel. They dont feel like the characters I know and love.

Spectacular Member

I am not sure what to think of this, but I wasn’t disappointed . So that is a win. I have this feeling though that Marvel is going to take the long route to fold the x-men back to their proper place in the marvel universe. I wouldn’t be surprised if marvel is going to keep us all busy until uncanny x-men issue 700 before giving is something we are going to love.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    Wonder if Apocalypse hanging on a X shaped stake is a homage.
    It's a St. Andrews Cross...it's used frequently in BDSM.

BANNED

Only thing I dislike is saying "bloody" more than once doesn't make you A British person or create British slang. Dammit if you're going write British folk at least spell words differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Only thing I dislike is saying "bloody" more than once doesn't make you A British person or create British slang. Dammit if you're going write British folk at least spell words differently.
    I dont get this complaint? You mean they need to write out colour instead of color? Does that really matter? As a reader, it all sounds the same as I read it in my head. The different terminology is more effective at portraying a foreign voice than spelling

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

I enjoyed the issue overall. I'm intrigued by what is going on with Multiple Man and Apocalypse. I think Bishop and Betsy are going to be among my favorite Uncanny members.

Overall the series has potential I thought from issue one though we will see what happens as it moves from its grounding.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-14-2018 at 02:38 PM.

Fun issue if overpriced.
    Favourite panels...
    Phrasing, Northstar!
    uxm1back.jpg
    uxm2snikt.jpg
    uxm3nxm.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I thought this first issue was OK. Didn't blow me away but it acts as a decent set-up for the story, decently introduces the main players and has some funny dialogues. Asrar's art is really gorgeous but if I can be nitpicking, his male characters could look a bit more different from one another. But still immensely sad he's only doing the one issue.

Astonishing Member

Am I the only one who thought the second story with Bishop, dead Sugar Man, and mind controlled crowd was better than the first one?
    Didnt care much for the first one, a lot of pointless fights with too much comedy and a very repeated mutant cure plot. I am only beginning to think Maddrox should have remained dead since the contrast with how good PAD was at writing him is enormous.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    It's a St. Andrews Cross...it's used frequently in BDSM.
    Is it a coincidence that the Emma fan knows this?
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    Am I the only one who thought the second story with Bishop, dead Sugar Man, and mind controlled crowd was better than the first one?
    Didnt care much for the first one, a lot of pointless fights with too much comedy and a very repeated mutant cure plot. I am only beginning to think Maddrox should have remained dead since the contrast with how good PAD was at writing him is enormous.
    I actually like it better two honestly.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

It was alright, but I'm glad I didn't sub. Also, there's more than one "Dollar Store Wolverine".

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    Definitely liked the Bishop story the most and I truly hope for amazing things from Bishop..

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Definitely liked the Bishop story the most and I truly hope for amazing things from Bishop..
    I guess I find Nate Grey/X-Man kinda losing his mind in an Omega Level state, trying to kill both Beast and Sugar Man who are from his reality, more interesting than the mutant cure plot. I wonder if the writers will remember Kavita Rao exists and has the cure herself. Pierce tried to steel it from her when Bastion attacked Utopia.