Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Well last I knew King Lorna opened the institute but only offered the Raksha or whatever to be students and they didn't seem to interested, so there may not be much of a school to be at if one at all...as for Betsy probably going out of their way to separate her from the Asian version...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well last I knew King Lorna opened the institute but only offered the Raksha or whatever to be students and they didn't seem too interested, so there may not be much of a school to be at if one at all...as for Betsy probably going out of their way to separate her from the Asian version...
    I think the implication was that they were going to take the offer. I'd hoped it meant a new direction for Polaris. Time will tell of a writer decides to follow-up on that plot.

And I get that. They're distinguishing between the two. It makes sense, especially if Kwannon has any notable role in the future. I just hope that everything I've known about Betsy in the years I've been reading X-Men isn't erased completely just because Editorial decided to hit the reset button.

Ultimate Member

Perhaps, or Bunn just left it open that it could go either way, if Marvel didn't want to continue the school then they just said no and that's that, the school becomes a property that Magneto or Lorna owns and it'd be left up to future writers to even remember that it exists..., that's one possibility with why Betsy's weapons are different, or they might just think that since she's English those weapons would be right for her, as for Kwannon...who knows if/when she'll show up again...

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Cable #153
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Perhaps, or Bunn just left it open that it could go either way, if Marvel didn't want to continue the school then they just said no and that's that, the school becomes a property that Magneto or Lorna owns and it'd be left up to future writers to even remember that it exists..., that's one possibility with why Betsy's weapons are different, or they might just think that since she's English those weapons would be right for her, as for Kwannon...who knows if/when she'll show up again...
    condiderong her speech is now different, the weapons make sense. Her new body is actually giving her development as Marvel is making an effort to have her portrayed as British and not have the change merely be physical appearance. It’s subtle but difference in how Psylocke is written is already apparent

BANNED

Laura saying she was part of the big X-men was the worst part of the issue

Really turned me off from the whole book

X-men is such an ensemble title that unless you’re certain X-men your actual character traits don’t matter

Quote Originally Posted by Armageddon View Post
    Laura saying she was part of the big X-men was the worst part of the issue

Really turned me off from the whole book
    I thought it was really rude of the writers to show the MLF trash the other kids, and then X-23 comes in and... what did she do, cut them into pieces? It was unclear; how do you beat a whole team of mutants with your claws out going 'sluck, slush, shluk' and not just kill everyone? And they played it off as a joke. I wasn't feeling it at all.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I thought it was really rude of the writers to show the MLF trash the other kids, and then X-23 comes in and... what did she do, cut them into pieces? It was unclear; how do you beat a whole team of mutants with your claws out going 'sluck, slush, shluk' and not just kill everyone? And they played it off as a joke. I wasn't feeling it at all.
    Weirdest scene in the book. Polaris just throws her and we should just assume that was enough to singlehandedly take down all those people. And I didn't see it as played off as a joke, but that makes it worse if it was the case. It was a grave situation, where Anole and Idie almost died and Kitty's gone, so it's weird to do it like this.

She smiles 'grrrrrs' as Polaris throws her. Wildside looks up saying 'Oh, crap." A blacked out panel with sound effects. Last panel she snorts "Amateurs," claws still out, as Polaris smiles. The pile of MLF moan and groan.

How was that not aimed comically? While also intimating that she cut them down. Very strange page.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Slicing out tendons (back of the knees, inside of the elbows, and underside of the wrists) can disable without killing. It's a big part of longsword fencing, and I see no reason it wouldn't work for Laura's claws. In fact it plays into both her current "No Kill" mindset and her precise fighting style (it's been more or less established that if Logan is a butcher knife, Laura is a scalpel).
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 11-17-2018 at 08:42 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Weirdest scene in the book. Polaris just throws her and we should just assume that was enough to singlehandedly take down all those people. And I didn't see it as played off as a joke, but that makes it worse if it was the case. It was a grave situation, where Anole and Idie almost died and Kitty's gone, so it's weird to do it like this.
    Laura isn't a Speedster, but she was fast enough to blitz Belasco back in Quest for Magik, and more recently did it again to Creed (who's quite fast himself) in Weapon X. She also has fast enough hands and reflexes to slice bullets out of the air with her claws form point-blank range (ANW #10). So I think the intent was to demonstrate that she's fast and skilled enough to take them all out within a single panel.

Maybe Polaris didn’t just throw Laura? Maybe she flung her around at high-speeds?

jk

Laura and Polaris are a deadly combo. I dont see the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Maybe Polaris didn’t just throw Laura? Maybe she flung her around at high-speeds?

jk
    I actually thought that was exactly what happened

BANNED

She smiles 'grrrrrs' as Polaris throws her. Wildside looks up saying 'Oh, crap." A blacked out panel with sound effects. Last panel she snorts "Amateurs," claws still out, as Polaris smiles. The pile of MLF moan and groan.

How was that not aimed comically? While also intimating that she cut them down. Very strange page.
    Maybe I can't detect jokes when they don't land.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Laura isn't a Speedster, but she was fast enough to blitz Belasco back in Quest for Magik, and more recently did it again to Creed (who's quite fast himself) in Weapon X. She also has fast enough hands and reflexes to slice bullets out of the air with her claws form point-blank range (ANW #10). So I think the intent was to demonstrate that she's fast and skilled enough to take them all out within a single panel.
    I know how skilled Laura is, it's just weird in the scene's context. Maybe Hizashi's also right and Lorna was just flinging her around. That would have been funnier, if yoga's post about the comical intention is right.