Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

There was way more X-kids in the spotlight than I expected to see

Overall great first issue but dang, Jean cant catch a break

Fantastic Member

I'm into it.

Was nice to see some auxiliary characters getting some love in the flagship title. The backup story was an interesting setup (particularly Bishop's) and it was cool to see Northstar.

Having said that, I wasnt a fan of Asrar's art this time. His work in XMR was cleaner, imo.

Theres a whole list of pros and cons in my head but I think I'll just reread it a few times and sort out my feelings later.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Most likely they won't, Jalsrix. This was just a promotional, money-making scam for the "big" FIRST ISSUE of the relaunch. I believe the following issues are regular sized and regular priced.

BANNED

Does anyone think that Apocalypse is the one communicating telepathically with Angel so that Angel can go rescue him? Angel used to be Apocalypse's horseman.
    Last edited by jalsrix; 11-14-2018 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    I mean if people like Bishop solo, or whoever solo they can buy a separate solo miniseries but don't put these solo stories in the main book just to jack up the price.

The main story was too short. I hope the next 9 issues will not include all these fillers again.
    the back up story isn't a filler, it is a set up

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    the back up story isn't a filler, it is a set up
    That unfortunately, reads like filler.
    I could have done without them, and been more interested had they extended to actual story, instead.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 11-14-2018 at 10:45 AM.

Does anyone think that Apocalypse is the one communicating telepathically with Angel so that Angel can go rescue him? Angel used to be Apocalypse's horseman.
    Or maybe he's being controlled by Nate becoming one of the new good four Horsemen.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    About Wolverine:

spoilers:
    He appears over in Avengers today. He's out in space helping both Loki and the Celestials...and he very well may be a Phoenix host now...
    end of spoilers
    That's not our Logan. It's the one that's been hanging out in the Thor books at the end of time.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

BANNED

I read the news page at the end.

spoilers:
    promising trouble from Madrox, Legion, some new Horsemen, familiar messiah figure (i.e. X-Man), return of Age of Apocalypse
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by jalsrix; 11-14-2018 at 11:02 AM.

BANNED

spoilers:
    The four new horsemen are Magneto, Angel, Omega Red, fat guy?

It's quite obvious that Legion/X-Man is going to start another age of Apocalypse after issue #10.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Someone should make a list of all the mysteries/questions set up in this issue. There are A LOT.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

This was fine, but not terribly exciting. The plot was a bit scattered, and none of it was very new or innovative. Best part to me was the character moments at the press conference. Asrar's art was solid, as usual, the back up art was not my favorite thing. Pretty sure we'll be getting a Legion vs X-Man story down the road, it's not clear yet who is behind the plotting seen in this issue (except for the bit with Angel, that was pretty clearly X-Man). I'll pick up the next few issues, might switch to the trade for the back half depending how the story grabs me.

Extraordinary Member

This would make sense, but how long has Apocalypse been held there? If he was going to force Angel to help him, seems like he would have done it sooner.

Plus, seems sort of dangerous to ask Warren when that could alert the X-Men or make Death just decide to kill him for being weak.

I don't really have a dog in this fight, so to speak, since my favourites are off world on their own adventure. But I found this to be a really good read. I was happy with the story flow, characterization, use of dialogue, and the art on the main story was gorgeous as expected. Mainly it's just setting the ball in motion for the action to come, but it just really felt like a classic X-Men story with all the separate story arcs happening at once and converging. The back up stories were also decent and I assume will help fill in the plot. I'd say 9/10.

Warren and Sam looked exactly the same in this. I hope they do more to differentiate them outside of one wearing a red vs blue shirt. It was more jarring since they were on the same page and Warren didnt have his wings out