Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

wait are these alt timeline characters or 616 in another timeline or 616 in a warped 616 reality?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Empty is thy hand!

I like alternate realities and I haven't read X-Men in a while so I'll check it out.

marvelous? Marvelous X-Men? Aside from the "Marvel" part it doesn't fit with previous titles. 55 years in and we have covered almost every possible "A" and "X" except for one. When are we going to get Astounding X-Men marvel?

Astonishing Member

[Sigh] Why is this a thing? I'm trying to keep my comics budget under control.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I'm intrigued, it will all depend on the creative teams though. I assume we'll get more info once the new solicits hit next week?

Astonishing Member

I hope they use this alternative reality to do real "alternative" stuff
    In AoA some big characters were minor characters, and some very minor characters were big characters

That appears to be the case with Nature Girl. She's only been main cast in Wolverine and the X-Men (second series) and the recent version of Generation X. In Age of X-Man, she seems to be a main team member.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    So they are killing AU characters and duplicates in Extermination because the editors thought these type of characters/stories are redundant....but then they are building another AoA/AU event around a super redundant duplicate AU character? Okkkkkkkkkaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy.....
    Marvel has lost its touch, alright. LOL

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    They brought back UXM for just 19 issues last time. Im unphased alot of Marvel series dont last long anymore as their business model is about getting to the next #1
    That's because #1 sells more than #6xx. LOL.

Never ending relaunch, never ending revamp of old stories and never ending age of apocalypse which don't have any long lasting effect after the ending.

There's no real character development like giving Kitty a child etc. Having the New Mutants join the main team etc.

When was the last time any X-couple had a child ? X-Men 200 volume 1. LOL.

When was the last time any X-couple got married? X-Men Gold 30 and that was because of a forced editor intervention. LOL
    Last edited by jalsrix; 11-14-2018 at 06:47 PM.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    That's because #1 sells more than #6xx. LOL.

Never ending relaunch, never ending revamp of old stories and never ending age of apocalypse which don't have any long lasting effect after the ending.

There's no real character development like giving Kitty a child etc. Having the New Mutants join the main team etc.

When was the last time any X-couple had a child ? X-Men 200 volume 1. LOL.

When was the last time any X-couple got married? X-Men Gold 30 and that was because of a forced editor intervention. LOL
    Well, I think someone was getting married in issue 30 no matter what. It just happened not to be the one advertised. But you're right. All the milestones are event driven, not character driven which is a shame. It also means nothing is lasting. People over events fast, but actual life changing decisions have effects that go on... What happened to Havok and Wasp's daughter?
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Well, I think someone was getting married in issue 30 no matter what. It just happened not to be the one advertised. But you're right. All the milestones are event driven, not character driven which is a shame. It also means nothing is lasting. People over events fast, but actual life changing decisions have effects that go on... What happened to Havok and Wasp's daughter?
    She doesn't exist anymore and that is one relationship I can't see anyone wanting to bring up ever again

Quote Originally Posted by Convent View Post
    Does this mean Uncanny X-Men will only last 10 issues or will the run separately?

I'm not really liking the way one event ends and the next starts. Just let a book get it's feet on the ground.

Edit: First post, but longtime lurker!
    JDW shows us a snippet of the Uncanny #11 cover, so the title will continue through Age of X-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    Lol wuttttttt

So is Uncanny ending after Disassembled?

Anyway I’m all for Nature Girl getting focus. Glad to see some fresh blood getting attention - hopefully it’ll worthwhile.
    I'm guessing Lin will be part of the NextGen. Which makes me think NextGen is going to be more Strain's Gen X than Kyle/Yost's New X-Men. Esp when that parallels with AoA and how the OG Generation X got involved.

Marvelous X-Men: Agree
    NextGen: Agree, that's pretty obvious- if they are using Nature-Girl and those weird kids heavily over the New X-Men, not interested
    The Amazing Nightcrawler
    The X-Tremists: Agree
    Prisoner-X: Have to say this is Wolverine
    Apocalypse & the X-Tracts

I think the whole story is an idyllic view of the present where Mutants usher in Heaven on Earth, but ultimately it's either a facade or it comes at a high price, like X-Man (Nate) telepathically manipulating the world (something he's shown hints at being able to do on smaller level) and getting rid of anyone that is able to resist. Or something like that. It'd need conflict. The general theme could be: "Are you willing to sacrifice your free will for ever-lasting peace, love and harmony?"
    yeah, you are bringing up a good point, Jubilee's meta-point about how this is probably the 9487504357th evil senator they've fought against, and X-Man/Legion (X-Legion?) feels that nothing will change unless he is the one to change it. In fact, since we kind of know X-Legion was possessing that old lady, he makes his intentions clear by talking about how shitty the world is, and how there is nothing else left to do. Age of X-Man might be a more prosperous, but nuanced view on what House of M was supposed to represent for mutants.

Psycwave suggested that Bishop could be Prisoner X, which makes another connection to AoA and the psychics' role in AoX.

BANNED

.. What happened to Havok and Wasp's daughter?
    If it didn't happen in the main X-book, it will be ignored. ie. it didn't happen.

Nothing was mentioned about Wasp in Astonishing X-Men or X-Men blue.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    If it didn't happen in the main X-book, it will be ignored. ie. it didn't happen.

Nothing was mentioned about Wasp in Astonishing X-Men or X-Men blue.
    It might be in Astonishing when Banshee gets back to normal, she did sting his throat out after all.

BANNED

Prisoner X will be either Xavier, Wolverine, Cyclops or Cable. It could also be someone totally unexpected but with a powerset perfect for whatever plans the X-Men might have to return stuff to normal. In any case, the only circumstance you focus on a imprisoned character is if they're some big counter to the main antagonist.
    I don't care what anyone else says, I'm pumped for another Nightcrawler solo. The more elf, the better. Apocalypse being the Gambit of this event is absolutely hilarious.
    I wonder if they'll make Nate some actual villain or something like Magneto/Scarlet Witch in House of M. For now it just looks like a AoA derivative, so not much hype.